Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-19-22, 07:56 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Weights Workout - Upper Body - Part Two - 20 minutes

I upped my weights today - 7 lbs for all of the supine work and 6 lbs for much of the standing work, 4 lbs for shoulders.

I previewed one of the free workouts that Jessica released today with her mom. I liked it and it definitely looked easy enough for me. If I knew she was going to continue to add that type of workout to her streaming platform I would probably subscribe. I do like her a lot.

Donna - How is your dog doing without her buddy?

Dana - I'm sorry you are dealing with aches and pains. I hear you! I have a lot of them too and it isn't any fun.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-22, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Another Ellen day here...

Ellen - Arms and Abs

Not much else to report. I had a nice dinner w/ my former co-workers last night. Didn't get other exercise in during the day since I was busy.

Hopefully today will get a walk in and maybe some stretching.

Carol - Summer is doing ok w/out Bailey. I was surprised, but I think they grew apart over the last several years since Bailey was less active and able to do things - like play, go for walks, etc.

Dana - how are you? We have been workout twins to some extent w/ Ellen.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 06:05 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were

Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Core Workout - 15 minutes

Jessica's calendar called for a short HIIT workout. I'm still not doing those so I walked instead and added on Jessica's gentle core workout that was filmed as a part of her new "gentle" calendar. The "gentle" calendar really is quite gentle - it would be good to use after a bout of relatively serious illness. It is definitely easier than her beginner calendar.

I am so sore from Wednesday's weight workout. I didn't realize it (at all!) until I raised my arms above my head while lying on the floor. Oh my word, it almost took my breath away.

Donna - Glad you got to see your former co-worker! Good job on your Ellen workout. I'm glad Summer is doing okay with Bailey. Sometimes dogs figure these things out before we do.

Hi Dana - hope all is well!

Carol
Old 10-21-22, 08:01 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Lifted & Lean - 30min. Such a nice, feel-good workout. I woke up achy and stiff and this one got me moving.
Fit by Mik - Upper Body w/dumbbells Arms, Core, Chest & Back - 20min. I've done this one before and it's among my favorites.

Donna, have you done any of the Essentric's 14-Day Wellness workouts yet? My subscription is set to resume on Nov 14 but I'm tempted to restart it now so that I can try them.

Few days ago we had flurries and upper 20s temps and today and for the next 4 days we're expecting it to be in the upper 70s. Crazy weather!

How are you doing Carol? Hopefully feeling better?

I'll check back later.
Old 10-21-22, 02:26 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It has been a hectic day today...usually my Fridays in this job are quiet, not today...

Anyway - yesterday I added on a dog walk and Blessful Body Hip Balancing relief which was more or less some Pilates side lying floor work - which actually really made my hips and low back feel good. I think those muscles just get weak/deactivated from sitting.

Today, so far:

from Blessful Body:

HIIP (High Intensity Interval Pilates) Balance - this was some standing leg work as well as some floor work -a little cardio effect from the standing leg work.

Barre Groove - this was sort of Ellen-ish - a fusion style workout...

I decided to use the Blessful Body membership - I joined for either $1 or $0 for 21 days and my time is running out. I like the workouts and the instructor, but after awhile I get bored. I wish she had more of a You Tube presence b/c I would use her stuff, but I don't want to pay for a subscription b/c I wouldn't use it enough - if that makes sense....

Dana - I almost did Lifted & Lean today as well! I haven't tried the new Essentrics workout yet....I went back to do some of Season 14 again. But these do look good...so I may have to give them a try.

Carol - good idea to skip the HIIT and do what you like better.

Hope everyone is off to a good start for the weekend.

Donna
Old 10-21-22, 08:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Workout for a Stronger Back - 15 minutes

I liked this routine quite a bit; Jessica mentioned that it contains all of her favorite physical therapy exercises for back pain. It was certainly gentle enough that you could do it several times a week.

Dana - Coughing and breathing-wise, I am feeling better. I see the lung doctor this coming week and I'll be interested to hear what he says. I am noticing more joint pain - we've had a few weather changes that could be responsible for that though.

Donna - Nice job Donna! We certainly do sit too much these days.

Carol
Old 10-22-22, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - 25 Minute Pilates Basic Workout - 25 minutes

A nice basic workout! Really windy here today so no walk. I might do a Leslie walk tomorrow since the wind is supposed to be worse than today (and with dust!). Oh joy...

Carol
Old 10-23-22, 09:06 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Olivia Lawson's Cardio HIIT Dance 30min - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZccEhojnSY
Fitbymik 15min Standing Arm workout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60LRBIEiT6s

Olivia's Cardio HIIT Dance was neither dance nor a HIIT workout. It was a fun, energetic steady-state cardio with decent music and very doable. Mikala's 15min arm workout with dumbbells was short and to the point. I like her!

Yesterday temps reached 80F and today will be more of the same. Ugh. Fortunately, there's football on today and I don't even have to leave the house if I don't want to.

Waves to all!
Old 10-23-22, 12:41 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have missed posting for a few days....

My catch up:

Saturday:

Jessica Smith - 30 Day Walk On Set - HIIT Walk
Jessica Valent - Gentle Core Workout & Full Body Stretch
Short dog walk

Sunday, so far:

Jessica Smith - 30 Day Walk On Set - Toning Walk (w/ weights)
Jessica Valent - Workout for a Stronger Back & Scoliosis routine

I will probably get a dog walk in today as well.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

We are having some nice weather here - yesterday was sunny in the 70's and today it is more overcast and fall like but not too cold/too hot.

Unless something else grabs my attention I will probably stick w/ Jessica S and Jessica V this week.

Donna
Old 10-24-22, 05:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a scheduled rest day and it was much too windy and dusty to take even a short walk, so to get some movement after watching football and cooking most of the day, I did

Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Basics & 5 Minute Full Body Stretch

Both simple and served the purpose.

Donna - Nice workouts by Jessica S and Jessica V. Glad your weather is pleasant! I think we are supposed to have cooler and wetter weather this week.

Dana - I know they name stuff - Olivia Lawson's Cardio HIIT Dance - that way on purpose, but it drives me crazy. Just call it what it is!

Carol