Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-11-22, 06:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk - 30 minutes
Jessica Valant Pilates - 8 Minute Routine for Better Sleep

Edited to add: I didn't sleep very well Monday night, but I did sleep relatively well after the 8 Minute Routine for Better Sleep. Coincidence? Maybe.

Dana - re: 3 week challenges. That's probably it.

Donna - That sounds like a nice weight workout. I'm all for basics.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-22, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I managed Day # 2 w/ Caroline this week. Today was a 50 min Pilates class. It is on You Tube - I think it is called Pilates Exercises for Weight Loss. The workout starts standing, then moves to the floor for more traditional Pilates ab work, and then finishes with leg work (side lying) and some planks.

I modified some of the ab work - well, most of it, as my back does not do well w/ those spinal articulation type roll downs or "C" curve work. I modified to do most of it w/out curling my spine. It worked well enough!

Yesterday I did manage a dog walk at "lunch" and an Essentrics workout after work. I think I'm going to go back and do the Season 14 challenge again - I sort of miss Miranda...

Carol - I am sleeping better now that I'm not getting up every 2 hours w/ my Lab. I still miss her though - I'm lavishing attention on my Golden, though.

waves, Dana

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-22, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I'm continuing on w/ the October calendar for Caroline, today was a mix of short workouts - these are all on You Tube:

Warm-up Routine: Warm Up Routine Before Workout Quick and Effective (10 Minutes

This would make a great, any time mobility type add on - good for taking a break from sitting.

10 Min Cardio: 10 Min Calorie Burning Interval Workout (NO EQUIPMENT + NO JUMPING!)

6 Min Standing abs: 6 Min Flat Belly Standing Abs Workout (GET AB LINES + RIPPED ABS)

And, finally 10 min stretch:

Daily Stretching Routine. 10 Minute Total Body Flexibility

All in all - pretty good.

And, I'm sore in my abs and glutes so I think her calendar theme for October - health hips - is working!

Yesterday I also added on:

Dog walk
CS 1401 - It was nice to re-visit Season 14. While I enjoy all the new Essentrics instructors, there is just something about a classic w/ Miranda.

Much is happening here w/ COVID - my Dad (age 80 in bad health) has it, my Dad's wife has it, and my DD's Chemistry Professor has it.

I think someone is trying to tell me to get the booster shots...

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

Donna
Old 10-13-22, 11:17 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Eleni Fit 45min Intense Cardio HIIT Dance. I lasted 32 minutes not because it was intense, which it wasn't, but repetitive and I got bored. After the 32min I did 16 min of Leslie's WRL.

Eleni: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZJrEtV5Yg&t=1954s

Waves to all!
Old 10-13-22, 07:57 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Workout with Weights - 30 minutes

I liked this weight workout that included a bit of ab work. I was hoping she would do something for the chest muscles (please not pushups), but she really didn't do anything much for chest. She did do a close grip press but that works my triceps more than anything else.

Yesterday was my birthday and I didn't manage to get a workout in. I got home from work late and then we went out to eat. Instead of doing something before bed, I just opted to read.

Donna - Nice workouts! Hope your dad and stepmom (and DD's chemistry professor) are doing okay. Sorry that they have it. Our cases are starting to rise. We've had 2 people on my rather short hallway test positive this week - I know one is not vaccinated, but the other one was but hadn't had a booster yet. I sat next to the unvaccinated one Friday morning at a meeting and of course neither of us had a mask on. So far, I'm okay. Yes, get your booster. It isn't too bad.

Dana - Sounds like I would have bailed from that workout as well. Repetitive workouts are not my friend.

Carol
Old 10-13-22, 08:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Happy birthday, Carol! Going out to dinner and then reading something good in the evening sounds like a perfect evening to me.

Donna, getting the omicron booster vaccine is probably a good idea. I don't know anyone that had tested positive for covid recently, but I know it's still out there and new cases are on the rise once again. I just read today that there is yet another variant that's emerging. Sigh.... Better safe than sorry.
Old 10-14-22, 11:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went back to Ellen....

Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion 2 - enjoy this one!

Yesterday for extra activity I did the Improved Health 1970's walk from You Tube (this was fun - good for a break from sitting) and CS 1402.

I may get the booster after my dentist appointment on 10/27 - the pharmacy next door to the office is giving it......

Happy B'day Carol!!!

Dana, yes I read about another variant, too, but hopefully the current vaccines will be somewhat effective....

Hope eveyone's weekend is off to a good start.

Donna
Old 10-14-22, 07:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout -

Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Basic Full Body Stretch Routine - 15 minutes

This stretch routine felt good today because I was surprisingly sore from yesterday's weights workout.

I was reading today about the new variant as well. I think I read that it is a subvariant of Omicron so they are thinking that the new booster will offer some protection against it. We had another staff person test positive yesterday - one of our substitutes. I can't remember how long it's been since I've been aware of 3 people testing positive in one week. It's been so quiet on the CoVid front out here.

Carol
Old 10-15-22, 08:20 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Total Body Tune Up - 45min
Olivia Lawson Total Body Low Impact Cardio - 35min
. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNcXzcl9DG8

I finally got to try Ellen's Total Body Tune up and it was OK, but I definitely prefer Ellen's shorter workouts - up to 30min. This one kind of dragged on for me.

Olivia's workout was terrific! Low impact, totally doable and with decent music. She did go to the floor couple of times for abs, some pushups and low impact burpees but it was for a short time only. I didn't do burpees instead I modified. I'm really enjoying her channel.

Nice day here today with high of 52F. My kind of weather!

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
Old 10-15-22, 09:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I just added in a dog walk. The weather is perfect now for walking.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Sleek Sculpt Express & Quick Tone

I liked this combo - standing cardio weights followed by some floor work.

Dana - I had to chuckle, Ellen called her kicks in Quick Tone "karate chops"! That Olivia Lawson channel looks good and I like the looks of her Revive playlist.

Carol - I think I did that weight workout w/ Jessica at one point or another. It was a good one.

So far, everyone is doing well with the COVID....

I didn't sleep super well last night for some reason so I may opt for a nap today we are also having guests for dinner, so I probably should take that nap so I can be alert...LOL!

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

Donna