Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-02-22, 08:34 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Totaled Up My Fall Fun Budget. I'll Be Going to a Movie. 10/2

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 08:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Hello October! So far, it's just been beautiful, but cold weather is coming this coming week. The park I walked in yesterday was beautiful with fall colors ! Today will be my day to plant daffodils - I have a bag of 45 to plant. I'm just trying to keep blooms going in one bed with my daylilies - I don't know how many daffodils don't make it because the budget bag has warmer climate area ones in there along with the cold area ones, or how many get dug up by squirrels. Then a nice walk! Otherwise more putzing.

Laura, sorry about the bad storms, but Ian seems to have calmed down more than when it hit the coasts. Glad you have your power back!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-02-22, 01:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is pretty busy between trying to pack and toss refrigerated stuff post power loss. I also want to go over to Mom and Dad's to hang out a little before we leave tomorrow.

Polly is finally having a good day. She's been in and out today and when we've seen her outside, she has looked like she's having fun.

Anita - Good luck with your daffodils. I hope most of them make it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 07:42 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. DH said he wanted to do a driving trip to Colorado next week. The day got bogged down in looking at routes and where to go and stay. Last year we flew to Santa Fe and then drove up to Rocky Mountain Nat Park in October. We enjoyed seeing the leaves and the feel of fall. Anyway, we decided to do another fall trip this year. Anyway the day melted away and I totally forgot to check in.

Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 - Cardio/Tone and a neightborhood walk with DH.

We flew today and had nice flight over the moutains.

Anita, those daffodils should be striking in the Spring.

Laura, my brother, who lives near you, has a rain gauge which showed 5.5 inches of rain. My family had no real damage - a branch or two coming down, that's it. Hope your trip to WV goes well.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 08:11 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I got the daffodils planted, but don't have my hose connected any more to give them a good soaking - debating whether to haul it back out today. I'm also working on cleaning my grill outside - it is very yucky inside! I've gotten the grills and metal parts over the burners cleaned and have removed lots of the greasy residue from the oil pan but have much of the inside to clean yet and the cover of the grill is all black inside from smoke. Sigh - I have a feeling this won't be an easy cleaning job! I'll also go for a nice walk today and play spades this evening.

Laura, sorry that you've had to toss stuff from your refrigerator following Ian - how long was power out? Are you taking Polly with you or keeping her behind - I seem to remember you had a cat door rigged for her to be able to get inside the house (or at least the porch) when you're gone. Have safe travels to WV! My daylily bed where I plant the daffodils has been having a hard time with the drought - lots of daylilies have disappeared . I've got several hundred bulbs planted in there, but hard to say how many show up in spring - that's why I keep replanting them...

Paula, Enjoy your trip to CO! I'm sure seeing the aspen turning yellow is beautiful on the mountains! I'm glad you can visit the seasons and see the beauty, but I like living in it and experience all of the seasons .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-03-22, 08:57 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a neighborhood walk with DH and some Yin Yoga with Tim Sensi.

Just a day of some housekeeping and some shopping for the trip.

Anita, I hope we have a good time, the weather forecast is showing some rain. We do have seasons here they just aren't as distinct as other parts of the country. The leaves on the trees across the street are changing. We just don't have as many deciduous trees here. I'm happy living where I don't have to shovel snow.

Laura, Guess I somehow missed you had to throw away the contents of your refridgerator. I'm sorry to hear that, what a waste. I hope you have power now and can restock.
Old 10-04-22, 07:16 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm planning on taking my car in for routine service - don't know if it will take an hour or six hours... Depending on that, I'll take a walk and go grocery shopping. It's still beautiful today! I still haven't watered my daffodils or done any deeper cleaning of the grill - I think what I've gotten done is good enough!

Paula, We're supposed to get some rain Wednesday, but I doubt it will be a good soaker - those just haven't existed here in a while . September held a record in low rain, despite three days of recorded rain. I think we'll just see leaf loss with the winds. I'm starting to clip off perennials that have turned it in for fall - I'm sure I'll have big bins for the compost pile soon!

Laura, hope you're doing OK and have steady power now - bummer about having to pitch everything in your fridge - do you have a freezer storage unit also?

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-04-22, 08:27 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength) followed by Travis Eliot Yin - Upper Body medicine.

Anita, we're planning to take the car in for service this week too. DH wants an oil change before we leave on Sunday - he's taking it in tomorrow morning. Your gardening sounds daunting to me. I enjoy my level of gardening. I'm sure you're right on the large bins for compost. I hope you get that soaking rain.

I hope Laura is doing OK in West Virginia.
Old 10-05-22, 07:50 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking a walk with friends today - they'll be picking me up from a Midas close to their house where I'm getting my tires rotated. Otherwise planning on enjoying the outside and putzing around - I have a good sized pile to take to the compost site. Today will be the last day in the 70s for quite some time - temps falling Thursday.

Paula, sounds like we're on the same wavelength getting our cars maintained . Cleaning up my garden in fall is a HUGE job - I'm hoping for gentler weather this fall so it's more comfortable getting it done. I'll still have next fall to work out there, but looking forward to moving away from all of this garden work after that!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-05-22, 11:02 AM  
Vantreesta

The month has definitely not started out like I had planned. The wknd was good. We went to a rendezvous on Saturday where I found cute dancing skeleton earrings and some other fun things. Sunday we played D&D with our friends. Monday I woke up feeling rotten and spent the day on the couch dizzy. Yesterday the dizziness wasn't as bad so I was able to do a couple short walks with Cyric but had a bad headache all day and lingering dizziness and fatigue so still laid around on the couch. Today I still have a headache but got up at a more normal time and went for our walk. Other than the headache I feel much better today so I'm trying to get some things done that I was supposed to start on Saturday. I was so sleepy Saturday evening, coupled with allergies acting up, that I dozed off during the baseball game and had no energy to do anything productive. I need to stop looking at the first of the month as anything more than a date on the calendar. I get all motivated that with the new month I will get my act together finally and then stuff like this comes up and I feel defeated. Not a productive way to think for me, apparently!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote