Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-26-22, 09:31 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn I'm glad you and your DH are there to help your friend.

Cheryl Your Thanksgiving trip sounds awesome! You have had so many wonderful opportunities since moving to Portugal.

Cynthia That is great news that the insurance will cover the procedure.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-22, 07:49 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,802

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-27-22, 09:02 AM  
lynnf

Did the Audrey Koomar, Cheryl's choice cardio with the sunset. Fun.

Cheryl, the trip sounds lovely. Never been to Ireland myself but everyone who has, loved it. By the way I figured out that they put a darkening filter over the rest segments (I guess to differentiate them) so that's why the color of the sky seemed to shift on that video.

Cynthia, always good to hear that insurance works out (which is always a worrisome issue and shouldn't be). Praying for all good results.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-22, 01:04 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I went on a choir trip to Ireland and Scotland in 2008. We stayed a couple of days in Dublin, then the rest was Scotland: Glasgow, Edinburgh , and the Isle of Iona. Fun trip. We sang in St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin & I found it hilarious that there was a statue of Mr. Guinness on the grounds. What part of Ireland will you go to?

Back later.

Later. Check-in: Leslie's jogging mile and standing abwork Katamibar.
I've reached my old weight goal, but due to my inch and a half height loss, that's too much for me now. I'm thinking 3 to 5 lb to go. And lots of abwork. My waist needs to be 2" smaller. I tried on the blouse I want to wear to the opera, and it highlights my spare tire. Work to do!

I phoned the hospital for more info. The scheduler had told me what time to be there and not to take aspirin this week. But I started wondering if there were any food or drink restrictions. Boy are there! A helpful nurse told me; but no one had thought to inform me before I asked. No food or water after 6 a.m. tomorrow. Glad I asked; I start my usual day with 2 glasses of water and then coffee.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 09:13 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Cynthia I am glad you thought to call.

Last night I was tired and didn't post.

Yesterday's workout: Weights at the gym

Steps: 5,487

Have a Blessed day and stay safe & healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-28-22, 02:39 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Home after the bone marrow biopsy. I had time before I met the radiologist to google the name, Joan Frisoli: graduate of Yale Med School. Well all right then. She was very nice, called me skinny (back at you, Doc) and said that my bone would be easy to find; explained everything clearly. The I.V. drugs were the same as for colonoscopy and I had no pain or discomfort. So glad I didn't have it done in the hematologist's office where there is no CT guided imagery and no pain med.

No workout today.

I will hear what's what on Tuesday when I have an appt w/ the hematologist.
Old 10-28-22, 02:54 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Arm Toning and Strength. I need to walk a bit more because it's been raining all day (as it has been lately). I'll need to walk indoors.

Cynthia, glad the test wasn't so bad, and praying for your results and that you are able to go through the weekend without stressing too much. We are mainly going to County Cork, as that is where some of DH's ancestry is, and there are some interesting things to see and do there. I did spend the summer in Scotland right after college. My sister was teaching school near Edinburgh, so I got to stay with her. We also did a three-week tour singing in England, Scotland, and Wales and then traveled down to the continent for three more weeks. But somehow I never made it over to Ireland. So now is a good time!

Diana, we have had some good things happen since we came to Portugal. I appreciate getting medical and dental care. I also appreciate the peaceful, calm way of life here, and there is always something interesting or beautiful to see or experience. Just now we are starting to go to other countries. For a while, the covid restrictions made it hard. Also, we were focused on finding a good place and bringing our stuff over from the States.

Lynn, now I understand what you mean by the light changing in that video! A lot of people do that (darken the preview screen), so I didn't realize at first that that's what you were referring to. I do like that workout and it seems good for the lower body, too!
Old 10-28-22, 05:22 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes

Cynthia, glad the test went well and again, all best wishes and prayers for the results. It is so good that you asked questions in advance. I can't believe how little you get told about key things by a lot of clinicians. My friend hasn't been told that people should mask around her and she just experienced a huge drop in her white blood cells such that she can't get her next chemo until they go up. When she dropped in white blood cell count they finally told her she can't go out to events and such (she was planning to go to a big event with lots of people). We realized DH needs to sit in the lobby when he takes my friend to doctor visits since he thinks it's irresponsible not to ask questions (and I agree), but my friend wants no questions asked and gets upset if he does.

Cheryl, you are right that that video is good for the lower body.

Waves to Diana.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 09:28 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia I am so glad you were able to be made comfortable for the procedure. My Mom had the procedure done in office, without any meds. The Dr. told her it was not a bad procedure. I heard my Mom moaning, crying, yelling, etc. She said never again and no one should be allowed to go through that the way she did. She didn't know there were other options and the Dr. said it wasn't bad in the first place. Praying for you.

Lynn Back in the day, when I took my Dad to his chemo treatments, when his cells dropped, he was not allowed to even eat fresh foods. Everything had to be cooked. Even the bacteria on the fresh foods was considered dangerous. Things were different when my Mom went through it.

Waving Hi to Cheryl!

Check-In: 15 minute elliptical, 15 minute bike

I'm doing well with exercise but my eating is horrible. I have to get back on track somehow.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-28-22, 11:14 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, the Dr. today told me that, until recently, the bone marrow biopsy could not be done in the hospital. I sure am glad that changed.