Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-22, 05:52 PM  
Tammie M

I couldn't resist Mary's sale either. I bought Patrick Goudeau's Kickbox Burn, Fitness Favorites Fit Prime Live Weights & Cardio, Squeeze Lower Body Challenge with Tracy Effinger, Yoga For Balance with Caley Alyssa, Natalie Jill Rev4, Everyday Warrior Yoga for the Warrior in all of Us - Michelle Barnard, Barre Body Tone and Shape, Barre Body Lengthen and Tone, Yoga Cross Training with Travis Eliot, Power Yoga Mind Body Warrior DVD - Mark Laham, and Crunch Fat Burning Blast.

I've always been intrigued by Squeeze Lower Body Challenge but previously I would ultimately remove it from my cart because it's only 30 minutes. The price was definitely right in this sale. I'm glad I did. It's a short, low-dread factor workout that I can add with other workouts. I did the workout yesterday and today I woke up with some significant DOMs. It's a gem.

I just completed the balance class from Yoga For Balance with Caley Alyssa. It really challenges your balance. OK, I confess that I had to cheat some. As I get older I value workouts containing balance components.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 06:21 AM  
T2B

Tammie - nice haul, I’m glad you liked the balance workout & Squeeze Stronger. I’m looking forward to trying both in a couple of weeks, maybe sooner.

AMD - I hope you get rid of that lingering cough, especially after your trip to Urgent Care. I had to turn my heater on Saturday morning, it was so cold. I love this time of year but it is way too soon to be as cold as it was this weekend. Supposed to be in the 80’s today. Also, did you share a link to those YT workouts that got you in such great shape? Is it Dan & ????

bex - I hope I find my yoga groove too.

ASAS - did you buy anything from Mary’s sale?

Have a great day all!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 01:14 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bex, thank you! And thanks for the recovery wishes your consistency is inspiring as well!

T2B, I haven't done TaeBo in a while, but I love those workouts, I hope you will enjoy the new ones you got! I didn't buy anything during the sale, I was interested maybe in some barre workouts, but shipping was $14 for one DVD, I put one in my cart just to see, it was $5 + $14= $19 and converted to CAD$ = around $26CAD just for one DVD, maybe it was more worthy to buy several, but there wasn't any I felt I had to have it that much. And as AMD, I am trying to save my pennies for the new Cathe set, of course depending on how much the whole thing is going to cost plus conversion...

AMD, sorry it ended in a sinus infection, I think my last workout although gentle didn't do me good, the next day my sore throat was back and I wasn't feeling great, so I have been resting since. I hope you are feeling much better now.

Take care you all!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 02:56 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post

AMD - I hope you get rid of that lingering cough, especially after your trip to Urgent Care. I had to turn my heater on Saturday morning, it was so cold. I love this time of year but it is way too soon to be as cold as it was this weekend. Supposed to be in the 80’s today. Also, did you share a link to those YT workouts that got you in such great shape? Is it Dan & ????
Thanks! I'm just glad I went to get the antibiotics...it seems these sinus infections are more common for me lately, although I haven't been sick for at least two years if not more! I didn't even have any Vicks Vapor Rub on hand. DH turned me onto something new too - he also grabbed the Vicks Vapor Rub in patch form for your stuffy nose---just stick it onto your pj top! Works great!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FypSf7ae8Ph4_6
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...l4CCP_SK26Ecjl
Yes, the rotation I've been doing since July is the rotation that I've seen great "seeable" results! TiffxDan's workouts have been my magic ticket (plus speed walks and my nutrition changes which I'm guessing the latter is probably 85% of the culprit for the awesome results)! It just so happened I was doing Dan's 6 Week Shred and 6 Week Shred II programs at the same time as my walking/nutrition changing phase, LOL! I think any other weight/BW/core program would've also worked for me. But doing them simultaneously, it worked magic, and the weight loss (18-19# since Feb.) sure has been a LONG TIME comin'!!!!! But I still want to give props to his workouts, though, b/c I think they are awesome in improving strength, core strength and LEANING OUT as well as being structured really well. Some ppl have mentioned that his workouts are similar to Caroline's and I haven't done enough of Caroline's to concur with that theory, but all I know is, they seem to work for me and I really enjoy them with NO dread!! (except that one stupid whistling song he includes every so often - ugh!). I should note here though, that I did skip his cardio workouts (did a few HIIT’s), but mostly were replaced with my walks or the occasional Yvette. I wish he would come up with some other rotations (minus that song!), as I'm about done with Shred II!! Oh, and I haven't yet done a workout with Tiff...I wonder why she doesn't work out with Dan or instructs some on her own as well?/I was actually digging stepping on that scale at the Dr. yesterday, LOL...of course I was up a couple pounds than what my scale said, but isn't that always the case??

Tammie, good score on your new workouts!! You'll be busy 'til Christmas trying out all those!!

ASAS, oh bummer on the sore throat again!! Hope you get better quickly!! Take care and I hope your SO or DD doesn't get it either!/I'm hoping STS2 won't be so crazy priced - and for your shipping charges as well. I hate to spend extra $ on shipping...I think Amazon's free 2 day shipping has me very spoiled!!

~~~Waves~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 08:21 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, thanks! I hope you feel better soon too // I probably got it from my DD (?), I meant she had a runny nose for a few days, but didn't feel sick. No sore throat for either of them thankfully. I am feeling better, and although I wasn't feeling well these past days, it wasn't that bad as I have had it before (knock on wood), the cough is almost gone too. Take care!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 10-11-22, 07:45 AM  
T2B

AMD- Thanks for the Tiff & Dan deets. I may branch out and try some of the T&D strength workouts. I was going to ask about Tiff but then you explained it further down in your response. Weird not to see Tiff in a T&D show (maybe she creates the routines). I think it will be good to try someone other than Cathe, for strength, so I bookmarked the page. I am not a fan of the music that a lot of YT-ers use. So repetitive, and way too loud. At least if the music was lower, and more background noise, it wouldn’t be so annoying. Since they’re not talking, probably just as well that I can mute the whole thing and not be annoyed.Lol. I’m glad you found the perfect combo that gave you visible results! I agree about the scale at the doctor’s office, never the same as the scale at home. I added the Vapor Rub patches to my shopping list. Speaking of shopping, I found some cute, plaid shirts at TJ Maxx. I love plaid in the fall/winter. And, for some reason, if I find a shirt that I really like, I go back and buy it in every color. It’s a idiosyncratic tic, for sure.

ASAS - sorry you had a relapse but I hope you’re on the mend after your few days of rest. That sucks that Cathe’s shipping to Canada is so expensive. I love Tae Bo too! Most are perfect steady state workouts. They have been doing wonderful things for my arms and waist, gotta love it! Makes me sad that new workout DVDs are going to be extinct in a few years.

Elsie - Still thinking about you and praying for your husband. When you can, let us know how he’s doing. Take care of yourself, too! Hugs!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 10-12-22, 10:43 AM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, I think you'd like Dan's weight workouts. He is no nonsense and has great form which can be hit or miss with the YT crowd. Not to mention wonderful eye candy! I really don't notice the music that much and like it for the most part (minus that one song, LOL). I used to find that song motivating in the beginning of the first Shred but hearing it more and more, it got really annoying! The thing I found most rewarding is that I didn't need to go super heavy in order to get these results...and still really mastering the SHRED part!

Good score on the new shirts from TJ Maxx!! I want to go there to see if I can find Skinny Syrups to put in my coffee. Yvette made mention to them and when I googled, TJ and Walmart came up that they have them. Anyone use them in their coffee? Supposedly it is a good replacement for sweetner with 0 calories...I wonder though if they would break my fast with IF since you're supposed to drink your coffee black w/ nothing?? Anyone with insight on that...please post! Jane??? you reading??

Have a great rest of the week!!
Old 10-12-22, 12:19 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, I am feeling better thanks! I think those rest days really helped. Congrats on the great results you are getting from TaeBo! Yes shipping costs to Canada sucks, and so does conversion!

Old 10-14-22, 11:27 AM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, was it you that pretty recently acquired a heavier FW band that you really liked? If so, do you have the link? I'm in search of just the heavy elastic band put around ankles - I have so many medium ones and 1 "heavy" but I need heavIER! My preference is to buy one instead of a 3 pack, since I only need the heavy band. TIA!

Or if anyone has one that they would recommend, I'm all ears!

TGIF!
Old 10-14-22, 01:33 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
T2B, was it you that pretty recently acquired a heavier FW band that you really liked? If so, do you have the link? I'm in search of just the heavy elastic band put around ankles - I have so many medium ones and 1 "heavy" but I need heavIER! My preference is to buy one instead of a 3 pack, since I only need the heavy band. TIA!

Or if anyone has one that they would recommend, I'm all ears!

TGIF!
No, sorry, not me. I bought a foam roller recently!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Tags
just the workouts