Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-06-22, 12:39 PM  
Sissy B

I'm also working on a new Halloween project. I use my Funko Pops to decorate and I have several that are perfect for Halloween - the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus, characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, some of the Avengers as Zombies, the classic monsters from Universal, Scooby Doo, etc. I was inspired by an Instagram account I saw where the poster was turning her house into Hawkins from Stranger Things for Halloween. The first segment she posted she was making the rotting pumpkins from the Season 2 Halloween episodes to put outside her house. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got a few packs of small foam pumpkins, carved some of the foam off and then painted them with black acrylic paint to give them the rotting effect. I'm going to place them around the shelf where I have a few Stranger Things Pops.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 11:00 AM  
Vantreesta

Hello, all!

Here are the workouts from Thursday:
Thu 10/6
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga)
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S7E8 Sunflower Woods, TV) 1st time
5 minutes (from Sharona's Hill HOCUS POCUS DANCE WORKOUT || Fun At Home Cardio Workout, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from J. Fairley The Source Chiropractic -Thoracic Mobility Routine Exercises and Stretches, YT) twice through
12 minutes (from Amani Hill -DAY 1| 21 Day HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE | Home workout | real-time follow along, YT) 1st time

Friday I ran out of time to workout bc I had house stuff I badly wanted down before we left that afternoon for the wknd. We went to WI for the last Ren Fest of the season on Saturday. Loved the weather! I don't think it got to 50 but I had my corset on and even though the wind sometimes kicked up and blew under my wrap to my bare shoulders it was still so much nicer than the 70+ degree days we usually have! We had a nice time and bought lots of fun stuff and talked to many vendors about their crafts. Sad to see the season end but it will also be nice to slow down some for a while. Yesterday we hiked 5.15 miles. It was a gorgeous day for it but the park was so busy it was less enjoyable for us. I'm making a note in my hiking log to not go to that park in October again! We went to that one bc we were expecting full fall colors but that particular area of WI was only around 20% changed (according to the fall colors map). We debated driving the 1 hr 20 min to my favorite hiking place where the map showed it at 70% but the hotels were more expensive there and since we had to be home at a decent time yesterday we just stuck with the original plan. Next time we will go to my forest!

Busy week with groceries and errands and a trip for my orthotics follow up (and some more Halloween shopping ). Need to wash my car inside and out as well before the cold weather is here to stay. And in the in-between times I hope to finish my crafts!

I'm really missing my family. Back when my mom was working (and I still was as well) I would always fly out for her fall break. We always loved shopping together anyway and I bought so much Halloween stuff when I was out there I usually had to ship a box back home. Now when I decorate I remember buying those things with her. Same with Christmas and my mother-in-law. I feel so blessed to have those memories. Anyway I switched my trips out there to spring bc we are always so busy in the fall plus I hate missing any of my favorite weather, but at the same time it was hard giving up that Halloween shopping with her and helping her decorate. And since my dad wasn't able to come up this summer bc of the fuel prices I haven't seen him since April.

Sissy, somehow I missed your last post. Your project sounds so fun!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 10:41 AM  
Vantreesta

We were at my father-in-law's for the wknd so I was a slug.

Mon 10/17 121 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions of toe yoga)
8 minutes (from B. Johnson Heart & Bones Yoga -Yoga for Thoracic Spine mini class, YT)
6 minutes (from Sharona's Hill BEETLEJUICE BEGINNER DANCE WORKOUT || Beginner Cardio/Dance Workout, YT) 1st time
12 minutes (from PT strength exercises)
00 minutes (from 30 day squat challenge day 1) done
19 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Post Workout Stretches for Lower Body and Pelvic Floor, YT)
70 minutes (from 2 dogs walks 4.21 mi) skipped 3rd bc of bad headache

I can't believe Halloween is 2 weeks from yesterday! I'm still adding decorations bc I just can't stop. I got a big spiderweb and spiders this wknd that I need to put up outside and still have other projects I need to finish.

19 degrees when I got up this morning. It's up to 25 now. But Thu-Sun, I think, is supposed to be upper 60 and lower 70s for highs.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-18-22, 07:47 PM  
Vantreesta

In case you're interested, here's a link to pics of some of my decorations this year!

https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/ha...06.html#p28264

Old 10-19-22, 12:42 PM  
Sissy B

Vantreesta - I LOVE your decorations! I have not done anything outside, most of my pumpkins are in the attic and I'm not sure if DH & I are going to be home for Halloween or not. We're going up to the condo after he finishes his next 7 day set on the 26th so we can go to an arts festival that Saturday and I'm not sure yet what day we're coming home. He'll be off until Nov. 3rd. I have done several displays inside, on a smaller scale than you have. I have my mantel and hearth decorated, along with a bookcase and a Stranger Things shelf on another bookcase. I even did a small Stranger Things shelf at the condo. And while I was at the condo I bought a couple of decorations that I left up there. I also went to a Pumpkin Paint Party and painted a foam pumpkin.

I haven't done any formal workouts but between going up and down stairs multiple times at the condo (I have a single story house) and cleaning I feel like I've been working out. I came home Monday and yesterday I paid bills, went grocery shopping and did laundry. I have Slow Cooker Beef & Two-Bean Chili in the Crock~Pot for supper tonight.
Old 10-20-22, 11:53 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for checking out my pics! I really have so much fun doing it all that it doesn't really feel like as much work as it is. But since it is a lot, it's usually up inside for about two months and outside a little less. I didn't post any village pics this year since it looks pretty much the same overall as last year. (Did I post that link ever?) It's organized differently in some ways but just the overview looks the same, very busy! I think it's no longer a village and is now a town.

Yesterday was a very low motivation day. I finally got out of the beanbag chair later in the afternoon and did DanceFit Dancetober challenge day 1 playlist (on YouTube), one round of PT and Yoga With Adriene Yoga for Healthy Blood Flow.

Sissy, the arts festival and pumpkin paint party sound like so much fun! I still have some projects I wanted to have done for this year but it looks like they will have to wait. When I put everything away I am keeping all the crafting stuff and supplies needed for those projects where I can get to them and hopefully work on them this winter.

Old 10-31-22, 08:21 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy Halloween!!

Old 10-31-22, 10:28 PM  
Sissy B

Happy Halloween!!!
Old 11-03-22, 09:18 AM  
Vantreesta

Monthivation was real but still didn't matter. Sigh.

Monday was much busier than I wanted. I didn't get to relax until after trick or treating was over, and all I had wanted to do was binge horror movies all day except for dog walks and handing out candy. I didn't get to watch a movie till about 9:30 PM! (This year's choice was the remake of House of Wax.) But oh well. I handed out candy for about 3 hours to 372 kids (give or take 10-15 kids bc it's hard to keep the tally going when a whole horde comes at once). That was a record and there was hardly any candy left! I always open our favorites last so we do have a little to eat. I dressed as a scarecrow this year.

Tuesday I ended up with a bad headache most of the day so didn't really do anything. Yesterday I started undecorating outside. I hadn't planned to do it till next week but it was in the 70s again (for the second day in a row!), super windy, and rain is predicted tmrw and Saturday, so I decided it made sense to take advantage of the weather. I took down almost everything but left the big eyes in the window and the jack-o-lanterns on the bench. It ended up taking much longer than anticipated bc the packing tape I used to hang the ghosts, witch hats and other stuff didn't come off like it should. In the past it always just came off without issue but the stuff this year kind of split like double stick tape or smthg so a top layer came off when I pulled but left the sticky layer behind. Argh. So I'm having to scrub those spots with Goo Gone. It's working but it's hard slow work. I had to stop yesterday bc looking up for so long was making my neck hurt and I knew if I continued the headache would return. So I never got in an actual workout yesterday and today I have to finish removing tape. Thankfully it's supposed to be in the 60s so another beautiful day to be outside.

My November plans are Rowvember and the 20 minute Lift With Cee program, as well as continuing PT exercises, and adding in some jump rope and whatever else I can fit in. Of course the key is to actually START! I'm hoping I can pace myself with the undecorating so that I actually do workout every day. There's a chance it may not happen today though, just depends how long the porch ceiling takes.

So happy you're hanging in with me, Sissy! Miss all you other endurance ladies!

Old 11-03-22, 09:37 AM  
Sissy B

I’m going back to the condo this afternoon, DD’s coming over this weekend so we can go to the football game. Then Sunday they’re having the Christmas Open House downtown so it should be a fun weekend.

I didn’t do any outside decorations for Halloween and I’ll wait until after I get back to start undecorating the house.