Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-17-22, 03:33 PM  
tlchello

Just a quick post....did workout #5 of 40-4-40 yesterday and OMG...can barely move today. lol

Been walking to try to get things loosened up.

Planning workout #6 tomorrow.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 05:41 PM  
edensmom

MBF Week 1 day 4 legs + abs, Blogilates Booty Lift Cardio Pilates (which was tougher than I expected!)
In a bit I'm headed out to meet a friend for a Yoga + Beer class.
See you all tomorrow
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 10:06 AM  
laurajhawk

Hi all! Just a quick note to say I’m not dropping out, just going on a yoga retreat for a few days. I meant to do a workout yesterday but went to a funeral then retreat packing and prep and…🤷*♀️ I’ll be back at it on Monday, see you then!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 04:29 PM  
ellaenchanted

MBF week 2 Legs & Shoulders and a 30 minute walk by Improved Health
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 06:06 PM  
edensmom

Yoga retreat sounds amazing!
Last night's Yoga + Beer was fun! It was 99 degrees out so felt like actual hot yoga. I was dripping sweat and it was not a vigorous practice by any means. Very slow and stretchy. Then my friend and I had dinner. I hardly ever socialize without my husband so this was a treat.
Today I did Fitness with PJ Beginner Tabata #2 (or something like that) and MBF Week 1 day 3.
Old 08-18-22, 08:29 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Today was the the 8-minute warm up and the fifth full body workout. I matched Cee's weight on that waiter's curl, but I suspect she could go heavier, since I rarely match her. I have a busy rest of the week planned, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get my third weight workout in this week. We'll see.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 03:36 PM  
ellaenchanted

MBF week 2 Chest and Triceps. I could still feel a but of shoulder fatigue from yesterday but made it through. Also, did a Burpeegirl walking workout. Tomorrow I will do MBF Leg and Abs even though it is supposed to be back and biceps. I switched them last week and it was good to have that rest day for upper body.
Old 08-19-22, 07:47 PM  
edensmom

Successfully made it through week 1 of MBF so I started week 2 with Legs + Shoulders. Next week is suuuuper busy (daughter's ortho appt, husband's dental appt, other daughter's physical therapy appt/2 cheer practices + private coaching, plus 2 job interviews and, 4 days of work.) I will likely be stretched thin so I may opt to do a couple full body workouts.
Ellaenchanted I switched the back day and the glute day this week too. It feels more balanced to me that way. Are you enjoying the workouts?

I am leaving to go backpacking for the weekend. Enjoy the weekend ladies
Old 08-20-22, 09:16 AM  
ellaenchanted

edensmom, I love the workouts! The 30 minutes goes by fast sinc eI usually listen to my own playlist or podcast. I appreciate that I have time to change weights between exercises. I also feel like I am fully working out my body every week. It leaves me time to do cardio, too.

Sept-January are usually my busy time so I am wondering if I should do her full body adavanced series since I need to keep workouts under 45 minutes total and I need cardio workouts for the mental and physical benefits. So, I could alternate cardio and weights days. The other optio would be to do Pahla B.'s 5PD workouts for a few weeks. I usually string 2 together to get 45 minutes (I skip the second warm up). She incorporates a lot of balance, which I love, and I use weighte heavy enough to challenge me.
Old 08-21-22, 09:55 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did a Caroline Jordan dynamic warm up, the sixth full body workout, and Kayleigh Cohen's stretch.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote