Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-22, 05:06 PM  
tlchello

Ugh..didn't I mention I was bad at checking in?

Since my last post, I have done beginner workout #2 and #3. I am doing Cee on Tu-Th-Sa. I walk every day for a minimum of 7000 steps. I have also been doing Essentrics on my other days.

I went kayaking this morning with hubby and am really starting to notice my strength is increasing and I have small lines and contours beginning to show more and more. I really need to get the eating right though...frig!
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-22, 04:16 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Today was a 10 minute warm up with Caroline Jordan, then the fifth Plateau Buster workout. It was tough one, working the legs and triceps. I had to take a breather on the last superset with the supported skater's squats. My legs were jelly at the end. I did a relaxing mostly seated stretch with Caroline Jordan, which was nice to not have to get on the floor.

Waves to everyone!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-22, 04:24 PM  
tlchello

Today for me was the 4th of Cee's Beginner Workouts. I really didn't want to get out of bed and do it early this a.m. but my bladder was screaming at me anyway so there was no choice but to get up.

I did an Essentrics workout yesterday and also had an hour-long massage. It was amazing, though I always feel a little bruised after my massages.
Old 09-13-22, 05:37 PM  
edensmom

Fitness with PJ Low Impact No Repeat Hiit (it was nowhere near hiit level and served as a nice little cardio warmup). PB Week 2 Day 1 Legs + Tris. This was a tough and sweaty one. I've had to drop my weight pretty significantly this series as it moves so fast and 15 reps.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 08:47 AM  
laurajhawk

I finished 40-4-40! And we leave for Mom’s this morning so not much time to post. I did Seventeen on Sunday - it’s a long one, lots of exercises done separately on each side. Eighteen was yesterday. It’s all Cheryl’s favorite moves and I liked them as well. I challenged myself with the weights I chose, and it was fun.

Yay me! I finished the 6-week program in just over 8 weeks. 🙂

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 11:24 AM  
edensmom

Good job Laura ��

Madfit 5 min warm up. PB Week 2 Back + Shoulders. My back doesn't love bending over to parallel so I did reverse grip barbell rows rather than dead rows. Also standing good mornings with dumbbell held in front of my chest rather than behind. I enjoyed this workout.
Old 09-14-22, 12:36 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I finished 40-4-40! And we leave for Mom’s this morning so not much time to post. I did Seventeen on Sunday - it’s a long one, lots of exercises done separately on each side. Eighteen was yesterday. It’s all Cheryl’s favorite moves and I liked them as well. I challenged myself with the weights I chose, and it was fun.

Yay me! I finished the 6-week program in just over 8 weeks. 🙂
Congrats!!!!! Do you feel like you made some good progress with this series?

I got up to #5 but then switched back to the beginner one for a few more weeks. I am just waiting to see what Cee's plan is with the new series she mentioned she might do, otherwise I will go back to 40-4-40 in October.
Old 09-14-22, 10:55 PM  
laurajhawk

I do feel like I got stronger. It was a kind of unusual situation because I started this program while recovering from foot surgery. I got comfortable with weights again and got a lot of lost strength back, not so much getting stronger than I’ve ever been but stronger than I’ve been recently. I don’t see too much difference aesthetically because I’m too heavy right now to notice muscles 🙄 - but I did stop gaining, so that’s a first step!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-22, 02:20 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Today was Kayleigh Cohen's warm up, then Plateau Buster back and shoulders. The underhand dead row was really tough and I had to drop my weights. For the seated good mornings, I held my weight in the front. I ended with a nice upper body stretch with Juice & Toya.

Laura, congrats on finishing 40-4-40!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-22, 04:34 PM  
edensmom

PB Week 2 glutes + abs. This one was a bit easier, just like last week.