Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-15-23, 08:39 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life. 1/15

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-23, 08:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m still having problems with my operated eye. I have a checkup on that eye tomorrow and then hopefully an operation on the right eye. I’ve seen some sort of message attempted from the clinic regarding some problems with insurance, but can’t open it up - sigh. I’ll still plan on going in tomorrow at my time and hope things go forward. Today I’m starting eye drops in my eye to be operated on - I did ask the emergency service if I should use these drops in my operated eye, but they said no.

Otherwise hoping to have a good time outside in the warm weather for a nice walk. Otherwise putzing and I may start to accumulate tax stuff for 2022. Basically I need to know if I’ll be doing a big form or a standard form based on donations this year.

Paula, I keep seeing the rains hitting southern CA on TV - are you OK and have absorbable rain or is there lots of erosion and washing stuff away? Your quilt sounds very cute! I love animal/pet themes . Cool that you’re thinking about chartering a boat!

Vantreesta, Nice workout on the 13th! Hopefully no bad luck hit you! Good job on the decluttering also!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-15-23, 09:39 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 13 Walking with Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery and food prep day for us - made a big pot of lentil soup for the freezer.

Anita, thanks for getting us started and thanks to Laura for another good theme. I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems in the operated eye. Are you sure you want to go forward with surgery on the other eye before this one heals? How will you function if you can't see well with one eye? Scary thought. Yes we are getting rain - it's raining right now in fact. The rain gauge on our patio showed 2 inches yesterday. North of us in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo - two of our favorite areas - they are having serious problems. Here we haven't been hit as hard and the ground, though saturated, seems to be absorbing it. Of course if the rain continues our day will come, the trees will start falling over etc. We've seen it before. A long time ago the street in front of our home turned into a river, I hope it doesn't get that bad this time. All we can do at this point is hope for the best. Just learned I have to appear for Jury Duty on Tuesday, fingers crossed it isn't storming, it's hard enough to navigate that place on the best of days.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 09:15 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m waiting for the surgery. I go in in a few hours for a recheck of the operated eye and I don’t think it’s doing well - it’s inflamed and I only see cloudiness and blurriness . I also found a junk email from the clinic Saturday saying there was some sort of insurance problem - of course that aspect of the business isn’t open on MLK day. I’m hoping I can still go ahead with the surgery today. Sigh. Not fun. I’m still prepping for the surgery - not eating or drinking, washed according to instructions, etc.

Otherwise planning on a quiet day - if I’m feeling well and can see, I’ll play some Spades this evening. I’m still working on tax deductions to see if I pass the standard deduction limit. Fun? It’s been bad since I lost my Quicken software. It’s a rainy melty day here, so no walk planned.

Paula, I’ll see what the doctor says about my operated eye and if I’m covered by insurance at this clinic. I did have some surprises that my orthopedic clinic isn’t covered by my insurance this year - tried checking on this eye clinic, but found nothing. I’m hoping the flooding in your area stays manageable and that you’re able to get to jury duty tomorrow.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-16-23, 11:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Praying things work out with your eye checkup and other eye surgery and insurance, Anita!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 10:01 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Today's workout was Travis Eliot Full Body Yin.

Rained on and off all day. We did a Costco run and some other errands and that's all I got done. I did buy Turbo Tax while at Costco and got started on it this afternoon, which only means I downloaded it into my computer. I don't have enough tax stuff compiled to actually start working on it.

Anita, I hope your eyecheck went well and they gave you some good news on your eye recovery. Since the rain started Saturday we've gotten about 3 inches of rain. Other areas have gotten much more, we're still doing pretty well. I should be able to get to Jury Duty tomorrow but it won't be a pleasant drive. Bummer on your insurance - won't Medicare cover some or most of it? I'm with Vantreestra, hoping the best for you on the operation and insurance coverage.
Old 01-17-23, 08:45 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning?

I’m trying to get through posting as it’s very difficult for me to read the screens right now, but it’s better than yesterday. My insurance had stopped payment so I ended up paying for the surgery on my regular card - luckily that worked as I got several calls from my bank that bad purchases had shown up on my account and the card got cancelled. So insurance and my bank money are a bit out of reach for me right now. Sigh. My eyes are getting a bit better - putting saline drops in the first eye to moisturize it and hopefully clear up the cloudiness I was seeing in it. The operated eye bled a bit inside so the world is a bit redder, but at least now I can see a bit from it. It’s still not perfect, but at least today I can read a computer screen and my phone - couldn’t do that yesterday. My eyes are very sensitive to light also right now. I’ll be going in for a checkup this morning as well as getting a phone call regarding the insurance. Otherwise putzing around the house today.

Vantreesta, thanks for your well-wishes!

Paula, Hope all goes well with you going in to jury duty today - hope it’s traffic court instead of a murder court! I’m too young for Medicare, but my insurance policy has decreased coverage LOTS this year - I knew my orthopedic clinic was no longer on it - apparently same with my eye clinic. I’ll be doing more research next year when I have to choose insurance.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-17-23, 09:40 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout this morning - had to get up and out early to be at the court by 7:45. I did serve my day of Jury Duty and didn't get selected - in fact never got sent to a court room. So I can't be called again for a year.

Anita, wow between your insurance and your bank you're in a heck of a bind. Also sorry the surgery outcome isn't better. Hope you can rest and recouperate all day tomorrow. The court where I was on jury duty is Superior Court, not traffic court, the big bad felony stuff. But, I didn't get selected for a jusy so I don't have to listen to the particulars of a case. I'll be anxious to hear how you're doing tomorrow.
Old 01-18-23, 10:12 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on spending another day at home post-op no driving. I might go walk in my neighborhood though. I’m seeing well out of the newly operated eye and am seeing better out of the first eye - I got some new drugs and saline to rinse that eye more often. Otherwise planning on putzing some more on taxes - entering deductions…

Paula, glad you got passed for jury duty! Nice to get a year’s pass on jury duty. I got called many years ago and was in one court case - nothing since.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-18-23, 10:42 AM  
Vantreesta

Mon 1/16 15 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .73 mi) rain, slush, ice...ugh

Tue 1/17 93 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
15 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 4 -15 Minute Morning Yoga for Neck and Shoulder Pain RELIEF, YT) 1st time
14 minutes (from L. Sansone WAKE UP & Walk! Week 12 | Walk At Home YouTube Workout Series | Mini Fast Firming Series, YT)
7 minutes (from C. Donnelly Strong Knees -7 Minutes to Save Your Knees)
11 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 2)
10 minutes (from Jump Rope Dudes -At Home Jump Rope Recovery Yoga, YT) 1st time
30 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.54 mi)

Sunday we were at our friends' all day so sitting most of the day. It's been so icy here that our walks have suffered. I'm trying to keep up the decluttering momentum we kicked off on Saturday.

Anita, I'm glad your eyes seem to be improving. I hope you're not supposed to get the 5-8" of snow overnight that they're predicting for us! If so, I hope you have more reliable shovelers who can help.

Paula, yay on no jury duty! When I did the fourth practice of David O's challenge yesterday I was thinking that he reminds me, in a good way, of Mr. Rogers. Not talking to you like you're a child, but just the gentle positivity. I don't know, I could be way off on that, but that's what I thought of. I used to just love Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood as a kid so for me it's a nice comfort.

Hope Laura is doing as well as can be expected.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote