Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-20-22, 04:43 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I’ve done long walks today and yesterday, in the Texas heat. We are here to see our daughter’s play, which was fabulous. I haven’t had the energy to do long walks after work days yet, because just getting 6 to 8 thousand steps during work is exhausting. BUT I can go up the stairs without being winded, and walk all over school like I need to AND breathe. What a huge improvement over last year.
This morning we came back from our walk, and I floated in DD’s pool to cool off. It was awesome. We fly home tomorrow, back to work Monday and school starts Tuesday.
My dad is doing very well. Thanks for asking
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-22, 07:42 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to check in and say hello and I’ve missed you all
Sorry I’ve been MIA, the last couple of months have been a bit stressful and sometimes recording my workouts can feel like another thing on my to do list. I have been working out, mostly Kaylie Daniels yoga sculpts, some walking and some spin. I’m just going to join in now for the rest of the month. I’m going to add Cathe Lives in with Kaylie.

22. Cathe Live #406 Core-Tensive Strength and Conditioning (50) I thought this was pretty fun. It wasn’t super intense or anything (lots of water breaks) but it’s a nice total body metabolic//conditioning style workout with a lot of core activation. Cathe even sneaks a few burpees in there.
23. Kaylie Daniels 45 min Sculpt and Flow + my own “HiiT” Kaylie’s Sculpt and Flows remind my of my old Fit and Flow yoga classes so I thought why not pause between sections and do my own board workout. I did four rounds of 5 handstand hops on each side, 5 kettlebell cleans, 10 kettlebell swings, 5 burpees, and 5 butterfly sit ups. I felt like I was lucky I got through that.
24. 3 mile walk I got out early and was planning to do an upper body Cathe live but the air conditioning people moved up my appointment.
25. Rest
26. Cathe Live 409 Stepping into Bootcamp This was a lighter weight endurance style workout. Each section starts with a little easy choreo step and is followed by mostly compound exercises. Stuck mostly with Cathe’s weights, I think I went lighter on biceps.
27. Kalie Daniels 45 min Sculpt + my own 15 min white board workout This was a pre pandemic Saturday style workout. Kalie uses 3# weights only and do they burn. I paused before she starts the bridge sequence and did 4 rounds of a kettlebell and bodyweight white board FiiT and Flow flavored workout. I got my burpees in! Really feel good.
28. Rhythmic Step (45 min)+ Kaylie Daniels 10 min stretch My core is really sore from yesterday’s workout so I just wanted to do some steady state cardio today. It’s been a while since I pulled out RS and my cardio endurance is not what it was last time I did this workout. I was going to just skip the challenge but I misstepped and kind of banged the inside of my ankle during that last segment so I stopped there. I was getting tired and it’s a little tricky if you haven’t done it in a while.
29. Cathe Live Build it Burn it Bootcamp I wouldn’t really call this a Bootcamp workout but more of a lighter weight endurance style workout. It’s split into sections by upper body parts, with legs and compound exercises mixed in. I did really enjoy it and the workout flew by. This is the one that Cathe is wearing the shredded leggings. Lots of reps in this workout!!
30. 30 min Peleton ride + Kaylie Daniels 45 min creative flow
31. 3 mile walk Beautiful day, low humidity!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-22, 08:25 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Chrys I’m so sorry that you’re still dealing with Covid effects. I’m glad you are feeling better and I have greater stamina. Enjoy your trip!

Liz So you’ve never been to a live exercise class and the one you pick is a pole class? You are a crazy woman! And it sounds super hard too! Hats off to you for doing a CL after those Fuel workouts. Tough stuff for sure. I’ll definitely be reading your takes on Cathe live too.

AnMrsDe I took a peek at the Tiff and Dan workouts, they look so good! Wesley is getting so big, he’s trying to stand and walk while holding on too. He’s a serious little guy but he’s been loosening up the last month. He loves taking a walk. How’s your mom doing? I hope she’s settled in and happy in her new place.

ASAS I love all your retro workouts!! I agree the arms in TA’s Mat workout are really tough, but there’s something almost meditative about that workout.

TB2 I’ve watched a few episodes of The Bear and I loved it. How stressful is that show? I still have a few episodes of Better Call Saul left and I’d love to finish it. I was watching Barry too. It’s almost impossible right now for me to watch anything since my MIL is staying with us. She acts like she’ll watch anything but she gets sulky and complains when it’s not something she’s into. She is into Lifetime movies, game shows, and daytime talk shows. I just want to watch my shows alone and enjoy them. I did go to the movies to see Nope, I really enjoyed it, especially Keke Palmer’s character.

Bex Your daily yoga practice is really inspirational!! Isn’t it exciting to get deeper into a pose?

Elsie How are you doing? Have you moved yet?

Waves to all!

Jane
Old 08-23-22, 08:33 PM  
Elsie

Hi ladies .....
I hope to be back in a month, perhaps two.
My husband had a heart attack on July 14th & then an early stent failure on the night of the 20th of July. So, I've been at the ICU with him. There have been complications. Too many to list really.

I agree, Carol Burnett was just great in BCS!!!
Keep rocking your workouts! I've got in some very long walks in the neighbourhood around the hospital but not a lot else.
Not sure what will happen with our move right now. Nearly 60% of our things are in boxes and the lease ends on our rental at the end of October. My husband will need home recovery as well, so yeah ... some uncertainties going on.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 10:33 PM  
LizEMA

(((Elsie!))) Sending so much love your way.

Your update filled me with so much sorrow. I was so heartbroken to hear about your husband's heart attack. I will keep you both in my thoughts, every day.
I wish that I could offer you something more than just words of sympathy on a computer screen. If there is ANYTHING that I can do for you, please PLEASE let me know.

I am desperately wishing your husband a full and speedy recovery.

Please keep us updated when you can. And, with whatever energy you have, try and take care of yourself, too.

(((Elsie)))
Old 08-24-22, 12:12 PM  
AnMrsDe

Oh Elsie, I am so very sorry to read about your DH!! I will keep him in my prayers daily. I hope you're taking care of you too...I imagine those long walks around the hospital are therapeutic to just move some! (((HUGS)))....no worries about rejoining...just take care!!!! I'll pray for you too! Thanks so much for checking in.

Chrys, so glad to hear your dad is doing well! Hope school is off to a good start for you.

Jane, HELLOOOOO stranger!! So good to see you posting! Wesley sounds like such a little man...almost walking!! I have to say I've been loving T&D Shred program and hope to eventually tackle their Shred II program as well! I've seen so many improvements in my body (yes at this age!) but my food intake has changed as well, and can't forget about all those speed walks either! And YES, finish BCS!!!!! Mother-in-law or no Mother-in-law!!!

Hope everyone takes care!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-22, 01:30 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Elsie I’m so sorry you’re going through such a rough time. I hope your husband’s condition improves and that you’ll be able to take him home soon. It’s hard living out of the hospital and just so heartbreaking to see a loved one in the ICU I just want you to know that I’m thinking of you and your husband

AnMrsDe Do you feel like the T&D shred program is different than what you’ve been doing? I mean do you think you’ve changed up your workout focus with this program?

I watched the Carol Burnett episode this morning while waiting for the air conditioning guys. Same old Jimmy! I’m getting there!

Jane
Old 08-24-22, 08:47 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Elsie, I am so very sorry for all you guys have been through, praying for you both and I am wishing a full recovery for your husband, please take care of you too, don't stress about working out, just do what feel good for you, (((hugs)))

Chrys, glad to hear your dad is doing well!

Jane, glad to see you back, and everything is well with you and the family.

Glad to see Carol is feeling better too.

T2B, I hope you are doing well, you haven't post In a while.

Waves to you all.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-22, 12:18 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post

AnMrsDe Do you feel like the T&D shred program is different than what you’ve been doing? I mean do you think you’ve changed up your workout focus with this program?

Jane
Not really "different" per se in the weights/cardio realm, but there is a lot of core and BW focus which was probably more than I was doing before. My wrists have been so much better for all this BW stuff b/c of the higher temps. I probably wouldn't be able to do this rotation in the winter when my arthritis is worse with the colder temps. My core strength has really improved, too!

I'm sure 90% of the good "results" have been due mostly to my IF change-ups (thank you again for your insights on that - won't say more than that), and also my speed walking. This was totally different by adding in walks again from a year of not doing them. I always noticed slimming effects with walking but this summer it's been significantly amplified with doing both of these things. While the scale continues to go down, I hope I don't plateau now...

I forgot to answer you about my mom...she continues to do well there and is happy for the most part. Her really good friend that she made there, though, has recently been put on hospice, so she is really sad about that. And the help there has really been depreciating...even ppl they hire, they don't show up! It's ridiculous! I've been having to clean her apt. since the cleaning lady quit and nobody fills in. :/ But she's hanging in there...could be a lot worse!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-22, 04:50 PM  
donnamp

Elsie - sending good wishes and prayers for you and your DH.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts