Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-22, 04:52 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Workout titles

I am going through a period where I am bored with my walking workouts. I started looking at some of my older cardio DVDs and there seems to have been a period when no one could common up with an original title. All of them use the words blast, super, party, max, fat burning, jam, and often dance in some combination.

Just my random thoughts.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 05:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i tagged this thread . this has been a common complaint by VFers - read the tagged threads - some are so hilarious.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 10:55 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
I am going through a period where I am bored with my walking workouts. I started looking at some of my older cardio DVDs and there seems to have been a period when no one could common up with an original title. All of them use the words blast, super, party, max, fat burning, jam, and often dance in some combination.

Just my random thoughts.

Patrice
I love Body Project, but the titles are all pretty much the same (at least on YouTube). They have better titles on their Team Body Project site.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 01:58 PM  
kat999

Knowing which FIRM is which--especially post-Benson era--is a real challenge. What is implied by Calorie Explosion? Should I be worried about being hit by the shrapnel of exploded calories? In Supercharged Sculpting, what is the energy source for the charging, and how is it different than Super Body Sculpt? Maybe in Supercharged Sculpting we are not sculpting our bodies (hence the differentiation) but rather small bansai trees.

How is Cardio Dance Slimdown different from Cardio Dance Fusion and Cardio Dance Party?

Don't get me started on Jari Love's titles.
Old 06-15-22, 03:08 PM  
sbh

I did an old one yesterday. Petra Kolber Cardio for Beginners. Old school tifting floor aerobics with excellent cueing. It was refreshing.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout titles