Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-02-22, 06:30 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
AMD, Yay for Cathe Live! Do you have WOs already lined up that you want to do?
Yes, I have a few lined up from viewing the previews (and from my “to buy” list as well)!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 08:52 PM  
T2B

AMD - I really had to think about BCS for a minute, to figure out what it meant. I haven’t started the new season. I may start this weekend. So many great shows. After my brother shared his Disney+ log in, I went through a phase of watching all the Marvel shows and then I started the Star Wars shows, really loved the Mandalorian and finally understood the Baby Yoda love. So cute! Ha. I’m watching The Bad Batch and really enjoying that as well. That’s great that you were able to sell your old workout clothes, and I had to smile reading about your need for matching exercise attire. Whatever keeps you going! My workout clothes always look horrible after a year or two, no way I could sell anything. My only nod to fashionable workout clothing are mid calf tights with pockets. Kudos to whoever thought of that. Love those pockets. I have looked at Cathe clips but I don’t like that you know who is right behind Cathe now.

Liz - I’m sure you look great and you are strong. I’m definitely going to try S&H for a week or two, but not right now. I couldn’t remember if it was Stranger Thing or Stranger Things, Anyway, done with Stranger Things and I thought most of the episodes were too long, and the different stories went on way too long. It was just ok to me. So far, Ozark is so good! I watched Outer Range on Prime, enjoyed that too! Weird, compelling, with great actors!

Jane - your early morning walks sound lovely! Thanks for the S&H/other Cathe splits advice. I will revisit this in a couple of months. Sliders are great when it comes to core work.

ASAS - hope all is well! I thought about you when I did Slim & Limber the other day!

Donnamp - thanks for sharing your thoughts on the new Jessica’s in GD. I bought the walking workout today.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 01:45 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, glad you're enjoying your shows! Nice of your brother to share his subscription. And yes, by all means, pockets in workout capris is an absolute MUST for my phone!!! I don't buy them otherwise....well, that's not true, I have quite a few without pockets used as attire for grocery shopping, visiting mom, etc. when I carry a purse./And to clarify, when I have my w/o gear "for sale", they are mostly like new, having only worn them a couple times!! There have been many of times when the tag is still hanging from them! (Yes, it's a sickness!!!) The w/o clothes I wear in my basement have holes and stains and the like!!! I wouldn't even THINK of trying to sell those disgusting things!!!!!

I almost Joni O'd my 2nd Cathe Live workout since my sub started! I was so disappointed today!!! :/ I thought sure I would be buying that one upon preview!! Well, I already got my $$ worth out of my monthly subscription by not wanting to buy this one, LMAO! Oh well...

bex, great job with Yoga30For30! I love Stamina!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! - - - WE MISS ALL OUR MIA'S!!!! - - -
Old 06-04-22, 09:48 PM  
Helen

Log entries all done.
Have been doing it!

Realised early last week, that just walking upstairs to the gym makes me feel better, drags me out of my "DH is away schlump", so have been having morning coffee up there - great views as well! Sets me up for a better day. Have many times had grand dreams of doing workouts before work, but my DNA has me tagged as a night-owl, and after years of failing to rise earlier than 7:15, I have settled on claiming it's unhealthy to fight a genetic predisposition.

Routine has become (I'm in winter, remember)
Morning - coffee in the gym, be in the space, enjoy the view
After work - take dog to park before it's too dark to toss ball, and before I settle in all cosy with the heater
Walking home with dog - focus on doing the day's workout right away
Get home DO the workout. It's MUCH harder to leave a warm room to go to a cold gym, easier if coming IN from outside
Evening Shower, dinner, settle in with paperwork for school on lap/couch/dog

Need to keep it up for the whole month!

ETA
Sunday
during the day: 71min, Cathe (Chrono) - Maximum Intensity Cardio
evening with buddy: 49min, Cathe - LITE - Rev'd Up Rumble - Basic Mix 4 (+ Calorie Crush)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 02:16 PM  
AnMrsDe

I noticed it’s ASAS’ b-day today. If you’re still reading here,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASAS!!!!

Hope everything is ok with you. We miss you!!
Old 06-05-22, 08:21 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm coming back to posting. This year has been a journey - most days I wake up with a body I don't recognize or particularly like. I have run the gamut of emotions (the prednisone depression was especially fun). I've given up on doctors - when I discovered that no matter your symptoms, you see the same types of doctors in the same order. And usually find nothing. We just get to hope that someday long covid goes away.
The past couple of weeks I've had more energy than all year, but not like normal. I can get 9000 + steps at work and not have to sleep the whole next day. Big days like graduation and rehearsal are brutal for me.
I'm learning to consider things like gardening a workout. Never would have happened in my former life.
Helen, great plan for your workouts!
AnMrsDe, I think I only have one pair of workout capris with pockets, so I garden in them and have my phone for music.
T2B, we love the Disney subscription.
bex, it would be disorienting to go from one extreme to the other so fast!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 11:06 AM  
AnMrsDe

Oh Chrys, I've been wondering how you've been. Sending you lots of and (((HUGS))). It sounds like you're still being such a trooper with everything, though. At least school is out (or will be soon?). You will be in my prayers!!!!
Old 06-08-22, 07:51 AM  
Helen

CHRYS
Glad you're seeing signs of normality - not fully there yet, but the progress must be such a lift for you. ((hugs))

Checking In:
The pressure on myself is working.
But really, I think having morning coffee in the gym has had the most effect - that, and the dog-walk as soon as I get home.

Even Alice (dog) has been spending time in the gym whilst I've been at work - been coming home to find different toys up there every day. She LOVES working out with me - she stands on the step (yup, kind of in my way) and offers various toys for me to play tug with whilst I'm stepping, or offers a ball to be tossed downstairs (gym is on a mezzanine level). She's not fond of weights - my hands are full.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 09:36 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Monday was my last day of work for the year. In addition to end of the year stress, we've had to empty out our closet for HVAC work. We found this out 3 weeks ago. I was the only one who had time, so I emptied it. It's going to be a job to put everything back in - I'm pretty sure school counselors are hoarders.
Yesterday I gardened for 8 hours. I leave on Saturday for OH for 2 weeks and have a bunch of stuff to get planted first. Today, I had back shots in the morning. I managed to fall out of the bathtub after my shower so now literally everything hurts.
Helen, I love that your system is working.
AnMrsDe, thankfully I am out of school for the next 8 weeks
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 02:37 AM  
Elsie

Hey friends.
Liz, my Dad will be 74. Thanks for asking. His latest report after his over two years of prostate cancer tx is excellent, so uplifting news on the eve of his birthday coming up! Not sure if we'll get home on time for his bday but I'm trying not to get down on myself about this as there's plenty of other stress now as it is. LOL. How has everything been going with your Mom lately? Great job, btw, on your consistency this month!!
Thanks everyone for your best wishes on my moving. Means a lot!
T2B, good for you for not caving on Jessica's latest set. I did end up ordering the Split Strength and the Stretch one. I will be trying them after the move as I don't have a dvd player or anything here now!
Chrys, thanks for updating and ((gentle hugs)) to you! End of Year celebration for you & for Math Teacher?
AMD, wow - great job on those finishers!!!
Happiest of belated Birthday wishes dear ASAS.

(Our dear friends who we were helping out with a bit over the last weeks, as I spoke of before, due to their baby (17 mths) being in hospital with covid got bad news just a few hours ago, that after seeming to be seeing gradual improvement and due for discharge soon, his kidneys aren't doing well again. So no one you know, but any and every positive healing vibes/prayers etc would be welcomed this way. Thank you!)

Take easy care all.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts