Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-22, 08:16 AM  
Bearybuff

Ernestine Shepherd is in her eighties I believe and she has a better body than I had in my 20's.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 11:18 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Queen Elizabeth. I have no idea how she has kept going all these years. She has run a country for 70 years and endured countess duties as monarch. (Not to mention family issues.) The woman has stamina and grit!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 03:16 PM  
warriorprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Holy Moly! This 72-year-old woman is stronger than probably 99% of 20 year olds.

72-Year-Old Woman Destroys Crossfit Gym
That pushup balanced on 3 dumbbells! Impressive!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 04:55 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Holy Moly! This 72-year-old woman is stronger than probably 99% of 20 year olds.

72-Year-Old Woman Destroys Crossfit Gym
WOW, she is amazing!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 07:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Queen Elizabeth. I have no idea how she has kept going all these years. She has run a country for 70 years and endured countess duties as monarch. (Not to mention family issues.) The woman has stamina and grit!
Yeah, I agree. She wasn't even supposed to be in line for the throne when she was a girl, so she really had to pivot and live a different life than she expected.

I really like Jamie Lee Curtis, because what you see is the true her. I found the quote below in an article about her and really like the sentiment:

Quote:
In an industry obsessed with looks and youth, actor Jamie Lee Curtis is calling on people to embrace their age and body. Curtis wants the term "anti-aging" removed from everyone's vocabulary. The term represents a magic fix to the aging process and portrays natural aging as undesirable. The "Halloween" actor made the comments during the Radically Reframing Aging Summit hosted by Maria Shriver, reported TODAY. Curtis said she is pro-aging and spoke about how we needed to look at aging, rather than be obsessed with looking young. “This word 'anti-aging' has to be struck,” she said. “I am pro-aging. I want to age with intelligence, and grace, and dignity, and verve, and energy.”

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 05:20 AM  
DCW

My mother's cousin who is 97 who continues to garden and operate her thrift store booth. My aunt 100 who walks with a cane. What did they do? They kept moving and getting up each morning with a purpose and to do list. They are also blessed with excellent health and kept up their mobility.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 08:11 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
My mother's cousin who is 97 who continues to garden and operate her thrift store booth. My aunt 100 who walks with a cane. What did they do? They kept moving and getting up each morning with a purpose and to do list. They are also blessed with excellent health and kept up their mobility.
Mine is similar. I don't remember what her name was. I remember her as Mrs. Carson's mother. She used to walk around the town I lived in when I was between 7th grade and college. My mom and I used to see her all the time. Mrs. Carson was my mom's friend and she would say "there is Mrs. Carson's mother. She walks 5 miles every day." She was in her 90's. She lived to be 100. I remember my 7th grade self thinking "I want to be like her." The other is my SIL's mother who recently passed 1 month after her 100th birthday. She lived in the same house her whole entire life. She was orphaned at age 5 and raised by her grandparents and aunt. She raised 4 kids, had 7 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. She lived in a house with 1 bathroom which was upstairs and took the stairs up until a few months ago. She was sharp, kind, feisty, and hard working. She was 4'10 and would talk my brother down if he dared disagree with her. I am inspired by her faith and her determination. A few years ago when my brother and SIL were visiting; they were in the backyard doing yard work. She was trying to reach her apron on a hook above the basement stairs and fell down the stairs. She picked herself up and went on with her day. Later at dinner she said her shoulder hurt. My SIL asked her why and she said "maybe when I fell down the basement stairs today." She was 90.
Old 05-19-22, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
She is amazing!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 09:31 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Mine is similar. I don't remember what her name was. I remember her as Mrs. Carson's mother. She used to walk around the town I lived in when I was between 7th grade and college. My mom and I used to see her all the time. Mrs. Carson was my mom's friend and she would say "there is Mrs. Carson's mother. She walks 5 miles every day." She was in her 90's. She lived to be 100. I remember my 7th grade self thinking "I want to be like her." The other is my SIL's mother who recently passed 1 month after her 100th birthday. She lived in the same house her whole entire life. She was orphaned at age 5 and raised by her grandparents and aunt. She raised 4 kids, had 7 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. She lived in a house with 1 bathroom which was upstairs and took the stairs up until a few months ago. She was sharp, kind, feisty, and hard working. She was 4'10 and would talk my brother down if he dared disagree with her. I am inspired by her faith and her determination. A few years ago when my brother and SIL were visiting; they were in the backyard doing yard work. She was trying to reach her apron on a hook above the basement stairs and fell down the stairs. She picked herself up and went on with her day. Later at dinner she said her shoulder hurt. My SIL asked her why and she said "maybe when I fell down the basement stairs today." She was 90.
I love this story She was tough!
Old 05-19-22, 09:34 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I think having a purpose in life and movement are the keys to staying youthful.

Tags
aging, inspiration, inspirational, jamie lee curtis, senior inspiration, seniors