Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-22, 08:22 AM  
Nelly G

Fitbit Ionic-smartwatch recall

I got Friday a message that I could not use my Fitbit Ionic anymore.

Fitbit is recalling about 1.7 million Ionic smartwatches worldwide because the lithium-ion battery in the device can overheat, posing a burn hazard to consumers.

I got my Fitbit Adidas I think in 2014. I used it everyday day untill I got this message that it was unsafe.

I get money back but I have no idea how much. I will also get a message soon this week I hope that I can get a new Fitbit with discount.
Does anyone use the Fitbit sense? What are your experiences with it.

I have a Apple Iwatch 6 but what I do not like is that I cannot see my hearrate that good with a workout and I can only see my total steps very small on the watch. Which app works together with the Appke Iwatch. I really miss my Fitbit.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 09:47 AM  
Vantreesta

Nelly, here's another thread about it with someone else's experience. Not sure if it helps you or not. I wouldn't like giving up my Fitbit either!! Hope you can get a suitable replacement.

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=232472
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 10:25 AM  
TracyQ

Nelly—I started the other thread. I love my Ionic and had it for fours years with no problems. I really didn’t want to give it up but Fitbit is no longer going to be supporting them so I figured had to go.

I registered for a refund and will be getting a $299 Visa debit card (once they get it back). Also, I used the one time code to get a Sense for $180. Beware you must be prepared to purchase before you put the code in. As I understand it it’s only good for that one time use.

This all happened on Friday after work and and my Sense is already out for FedEx delivery today.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 05:49 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Nelly—I started the other thread. I love my Ionic and had it for fours years with no problems. I really didn’t want to give it up but Fitbit is no longer going to be supporting them so I figured had to go.

I registered for a refund and will be getting a $299 Visa debit card (once they get it back). Also, I used the one time code to get a Sense for $180. Beware you must be prepared to purchase before you put the code in. As I understand it it’s only good for that one time use.

This all happened on Friday after work and and my Sense is already out for FedEx delivery today.
Thank you both for your answers VanTreesta and Tracy
I registered Friday and did not get the discount code yet. I notice that I miss my Fitbit really a lot so will buy a Sense as soon as I get the code.
Old 03-09-22, 03:27 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:

Hi Tracy,

Did you get your Fitbit Sense already and do you like it? Please let me know.
Thanks
Old 03-09-22, 05:14 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly G View Post
Hi Tracy,

Did you get your Fitbit Sense already and do you like it? Please let me know.
Thanks
Yes and I like it a lot. It’s similar to the Ionic but sleeker with some extra features.

Did you get your code yet? When I registered I got my code in a half hour. Also, I ended up with four free wrist bands. I thought I was eligible for only one but as I was choosing the color I ended up putting a few in my cart and they all came up as $00. I really like the pink one. It’s more of a salmon than pink.

Eventually I’m going to purchase the scrunchy band. It’s $59 but it looks really nice.

Old 03-10-22, 02:46 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Yes and I like it a lot. It’s similar to the Ionic but sleeker with some extra features.

Did you get your code yet? When I registered I got my code in a half hour. Also, I ended up with four free wrist bands. I thought I was eligible for only one but as I was choosing the color I ended up putting a few in my cart and they all came up as $00. I really like the pink one. It’s more of a salmon than pink.

Eventually I’m going to purchase the scrunchy band. It’s $59 but it looks really nice.
I got my code but could not pay ( paypall or creditcar) or order. I got a message I need to contact them by phone. I am afraid my code does not work tomorrow. It is like their site does not work. So
Old 03-10-22, 04:35 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
I got my code but could not pay ( paypall or creditcard) or order. I got a message I need to contact them by phone. I am afraid my code does not work tomorrow. It is like their site does not work. So
I ordered after trying and spoiling my whole evening the Fitbit Sense for 180 Euro which is more expensive then in dollars.
It was not the color I wanted because there was only one grey or white.
I did order like you some bands (all Large) but they only had the small black sport band in stock which I maybe cannot wear because it is too small.
The rest is in backorder so I do not know if I get them. I would have love to order a cheap Versa 2 Fitbit but could not order it for 60% less. There was allmost no choice here in the Netherlands so. I get a little more money back because I had the Ionic Adidas. But If I had a choice I rather had my Ionic Adidas back because I loved that watch.
Old 03-10-22, 07:08 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
I ordered after trying and spoiling my whole evening the Fitbit Sense for 180 Euro which is more expensive then in dollars.
It was not the color I wanted because there was only one grey or white.
I did order like you some bands (all Large) but they only had the small black sport band in stock which I maybe cannot wear because it is too small.
The rest is in backorder so I do not know if I get them. I would have love to order a cheap Versa 2 Fitbit but could not order it for 60% less. There was allmost no choice here in the Netherlands so. I get a little more money back because I had the Ionic Adidas. But If I had a choice I rather had my Ionic Adidas back because I loved that watch.
Nelly—-that is very disappointing. I liked my Ionic a lot too, but the Sense is very nice. As for the bands, I got all smalls. I have a very small wrist but the small size is very generous so I think that black band may work for you. Once you receive your order please let me know how you like it.

Old 03-20-22, 01:14 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Nelly—-that is very disappointing. I liked my Ionic a lot too, but the Sense is very nice. As for the bands, I got all smalls. I have a very small wrist but the small size is very generous so I think that black band may work for you. Once you receive your order please let me know how you like it.
Hi Tracy,

I got the grey sense and the black small size band . You are very right that the small back size just fits. I got also a white band. The order stays open for backorder for a pini and salmon colour band. I also like the Sense Fitbit watch. I have found a display which I like were I can see my heartrate my steps and more. Thanks for helping me with your ordering advice. I like the white sporting band too next to the black sporting band.

Tags
fitbit, fitbit ionic, fitbit sense