Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-20-22, 03:46 AM  
Elsie

Hey AMD! I see you've been picking up around your tree as well! A never-ending chore, but I love it.
We've been having lovely weather. Hope everyone has been having a nice weekend as well, *waves* to All!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 06:10 PM  
Tammie M

I hope everyone had a fun Saint Paddy's Day. I got to spend it in Galway, Ireland with a group of travelers. Their parade had more local groups and was very family oriented. Trying to get over jet lag now. While I wasn't formally exercising, we did walk around 4 miles most days.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 06:24 PM  
Tammie M

AnMrsDe, I'm glad your mom is enjoying her AL home! And knowing that she has people to watch over her is a great relief!

Jane, I'm glad the inserts helped you also. When I start feeling that my PF may be coming back I will wear them daily. I have a bad habit of going barefoot in the summer and I am trying to eliminate that.

Tammie
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 10:27 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Hey AMD! I see you've been picking up around your tree as well! A never-ending chore, but I love it.
Wow, do you have my same tree?? No matter all the b*tching I do for all the year 'round maintenance of the thing, I am right there with you...it really helps with getting fresh air, exercise, and at times even provides a therapeutic aspect! (I will most likely never write this again, so you better read it here now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie M View Post
AnMrsDe, I'm glad your mom is enjoying her AL home! And knowing that she has people to watch over her is a great relief!
Thanks, Tammie! It most definitely is a major relief and knowing she is enjoying it, is most awesome!!// Ireland?? Wow, you had a great St. Patrick's celebration!! Bet it felt awesome to get away (and FAR away at that!). I was wondering why you hadn't been posting for awhile....glad you enjoyed yourself.

Happy new week, everyone!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 04:53 AM  
Elsie

I, indeed, read it AMD & will be here to remind you!! *evil laughs*

Tammie, Galway looks beautiful. Happy belated St. Paddy's to you!! All of that walking in the fresh air sounds great to me! No better exercise.
T2B, hope your knees will be alright.

I am now trying to make decisions or maybe come to terms with the fact that I might have to sell off/donate my weights before the move. The last time we did a local move, I gave away my 10 and 4 lb'ers and then of course with Covid, I couldn't find anything for ages. I hate that shipping costs are so to the roof now. Just 13/14 years ago, we could send things across the country on the bus (slow, but reliable) for a reasonable price. 80% of my dumbbells, barbell, half rack, kettlebell, bosu, step, ankle weights etc were purchased used or hunted at liquidators. I spent so much energy getting them as I could afford from craigslist alerts etc, so there's that attachment I have. Lol. Silly, I know.
Old 03-22-22, 07:33 PM  
T2B

Tammie - sounds like an awesome vacation. I’m glad that you had a wonderful time.

Elsie - no more knee issues, the twinges went away 2 days after finishing H&C. I think it’s the lack of a decent warm up or cool down in those workouts. As far as your weights, do you have any room to take them with you? Can you squeeze them in somewhere? Weights are even more expensive now. It’s a hard decision for sure.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 10:37 AM  
AnMrsDe

Jane, Yvette's #175 looks like a super fun (and hard!) workout!! She was fixated on using the step for the last 5? workouts. Jeesh! Glad to see one NOT using the step, LOL! Great job on all the Yvette's you are doing!!! Your endurance level will be sky high before too long! //Those Kaylie workouts you're doing look a lot like Tracy A's stuff, are they? Glad you found something to keep you motivated...

T2B, glad the knee pain is gone. Enjoy the Gym Styles!!

Elsie, Like T2B, I would sneak those weights in there somewhere!!! That'd be sad if you'd have to buy them all again and especially with the skyrocketing prices... Hope you can figure things out...

Happy (dreary) Hump Day!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 04:35 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Here's my update. I've had 2 lung scans, 2 heart tests and been referred to a long covid clinic. During my stress test, the treadmill was at 2.7 mph for 3 minutes and I sounded like a freight train. Still have to see a pulmonologist and do a sleep study. Apparently covid causes sleep apnea. I have okay days and bad days. If I have long days at work, I am exhausted along with having a brutal headache the next day. I miss work at least a day or 2 a week. It's miserable 😪
Elsie, I'm sorry about your weights.
Tammie, sounds like a lovely vacation.
T2B, I'm glad your knee is better.
Hi to everyone else. I hope to be back soon.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 01:45 AM  
Elsie

(((Chrys))) thanks for updating us on your condition. ...So sorry of what you've been going through with long covid. I can see why you're so exhausted. I'm hoping our treatments for these various covid and post-covid disease states will keep advancing.

Thanks so much for the suggestions T2B & AMD regarding my precious weights.

On my walk today, I could smell all the aromatic blossoms of spring already.
Old 03-24-22, 08:43 AM  
T2B

Chrys - I’m glad you checked in. I’m sorry these last few months have been so hard for you. Hugs to you and I pray that you get some type of relief soon. I know a few people suffering from long covid, all their symptoms are different. Have you had your spring break yet? Hugs again.

AMD, Elsie - Hi!

Rainy, overcast day here. I plan to go see The Batman and tackle my taxes later today. Hope everyone has a great day!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts