Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-22, 11:52 AM  
Jules

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! We got a few inches of snow here this week.

Workouts have been good. I am a little sore after taking time off when I was sick, but my cardio capacity is still fine.

Mon: C.L. #263 Metabolic Boot Camp + #269 Double Cardio HIIT Compound
Tues: BodyCombat #88 + Travis Short & Sweet #2
Wed: Off
Thur: C.L. #267 Metabolic Madness + #265 Cardio Challenge Express
Fri: Les Mills The Trip #20 + Travis Short & Sweet #3

The Cathe Lives were ok, but the camera focuses in on one specific participant way too much and not enough on Cathe. I don't know why they do this? I subscribe to work out with Cathe, not this other lady. I don't mind when the camera focuses on various participants at times, but this one person is singled out a lot. Al was in #265 - nice to see him.

Kate: I hear you on the Dream Body. I have the original 5 workout series and also her Fusion workout with the pop-ups. I try to do them once every few years but they are not enjoyable for me. I am sure I would get great results, but I just can't bring myself to do them. I love Shaun T.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 06:50 PM  
Jules

I am still on a Cathe kick:

Sat: Drill Max + core work from LIS
Sun: CL #43 Metabolic Conditioning + #44 Step Sweat
Today: CL #39 Hi-Lo Cardio Kickboxing + #45 Push Pull Total Body

The Cathe Lives were all good. I really enjoy the older Lives - the cardio is more intense and Cathe is on her game. She messes up a couple of times in the step workout, but I didn't mind since I am choreo-challenged.

I plan to keep doubling up on the Live workouts as much as possible in the upcoming weeks. My subscription is up at the end of January and I will decide if I want to renew or take a break from it then.
Old 12-06-22, 09:21 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: Looks like we're both pretty hooked on Cathe Live at the moment! I agree her older Lives are tougher. I tend to mix and match. I ended up creating a list of all the Cathe Lives I have NOT done..there are so many!
But sure is fun and I love the class atmosphere. Sometimes I double up the shorter ones or will add on something to shorter workouts.

Yesterday I did#53 Upper Body with Ball. Really good - all the work was done on and around the stability ball. Excellent core work at the end!!

Today my plan is the new #422 Plyo Legs with Step. Combining leg day and cardio. I'll be back to report.

Have a great day!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-22, 09:46 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Brezlyn just turned 7 on Nov 10 and Maddex turned 3 on Sept 24. Still my babies but then again, my two grown sons are still my babies too.

GREAT to hear from you girl!
Wow! Time is flying!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-22, 11:16 AM  
Malinda

Hi Jules and Kate!

I'm still here! Reading but not posting.

I started Phase 2 of 80 Day Obsession and made it through the first Leg Day (Day 30), during which workout I unfortunately hurt my lower back. I've not been able to do much of anything except for light cardio and stretching/yoga for several days now.

I am annoyed with myself, because I knew while I was doing the move that it was irritating my back (lay on back with heels on sliders and legs sort of straight, draw feet into a hamstring curl while bringing hips into bridge), and rather than stop and do something different, I just kept at it. And THEN... when the move showed up again later in the workout, what did I do? Say to myself, Hey, this didn't feel so great the first time, maybe I shouldn't do it again? Oh, no! I did it a second time! I truly hate when I do stupid stuff.

I am so incredibly bummed out. I have an appointment next Tuesday for dry needling; hopefully it will be better long before then, but so far it is not improving.

Well, aren't I Debbie Downer! On the positive side, work should start to return to a more normal pace (busy, but not insane) later this week, and I'm hoping to take a few afternoons and days off during the holidays. Lots of plans to see friends and have fun.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 12-08-22, 09:20 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Malinda: OH DANG about your back. I hope it gets better really fast! What is dry needling?
The only reason I'd every re-subscribe to BOD is because of 80DO. Soooo good!!

So Tues I did Live 422 Plyo Legs with Step. Wowsers!!! My butt is still sore and yesterday was SORE! That has to be one of the most wicked leg workouts I've done in a while. Not so killer while I was doing it. It was tons of fun, great easy step cardio and medium weight leg work. I went heavier and perhaps that was part of it.

Wed: Felt like something different so popped in Hammer & Chisel - Chisel Agility (good cardio) plus Total Body Chisel. I did all the leg work unweighted. I missed Autumn. I never cared for her until I did Beachbody 80 Day Obsession. Wish they'd put that out on DVD!!

Not sure about today. Thinking a couple cardio workouts from 21 Day Fix?? We'll see.

Stay well and strong everyone!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 12-09-22, 12:24 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi again - yesterday I did 21 Day Fix Upper and 21DF Extreme Upper. Couldn't even think of lower body work. My legs and butt were STILL sore yesterday. That Live 422 was more wicked than I thought!
I don't think Cathe has ever done a bad lower body workout.

Today I pulled out Les Mills Body Jam #67. Fun, I let my inner dancer fly (aka dork) and just had a fun little cardio workout without killing myself. Looking forward to some gentle Yoga this afternoon.

Stay well! TGIF!

Old 12-12-22, 03:53 PM  
Jules

Time is flying lately!

I had a great workout week last week, but over the weekend I felt like I was fighting off a bug, and my son is super sick today. I am pretty sure it is the flu since he has a high fever and tested negative for Covid. I am doing ok so far, but I don't want to push it and end up sick like him. I might just do some house cleaning this week and yoga. I have my yearly exam tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I won't have to do any blood work!

Tues: CL 53 Super Cuts with Cardio Blasts + 140 Low Impact Cardio HIIT
Wed: CL 167 Fit Tower Cardio Legs
Thur: CL 147 Quick Fix Cardio + 238 PHA Plus Cardio Blasts (TOUGH Combo!)
Fri: Studio Sweat Spin (50 min)

Malinda: Bummer on the back injury! I think we have all done that thing where we tried to work through something only to regret it later. I hope it is feeling better and that the dry needling helps.

Kate: I added 422 to my must-try list. Sounds like a winner!
Old 12-14-22, 09:23 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Ugh...I think I broke my right big toe! Monday I was bringing in some firewood and kicked at a piece that was frozen into the ground. Without the proper shoes on. The wood did not move. Ow.
Swollen, painful depending on how I step. Slow me down? Nope.

I did have to rearrange some of my workouts.
Mon: Hammer and Chisel Max Hammer Strength and Max Conditioning. Forgot that these aren't too bad at all. Just too short.

Tues: No high impact cardio today. Did Live 125 Cardio Boxing. Little bit of jumping, kept it as low as I could. More upper body focus and still good cardio. I tied my shoe really tight and it felt ok.

Today: I have planned 21DF Barre Legs and Pilates Fix. I think my toe can handle that.

Jules: Stay well!!
Malinda: Hoping your back is better.
Fatkat: Love you Miss Lurker!

Old 12-14-22, 03:46 PM  
Malinda

Kate - OUCH on the toe! I hope it isn’t broken, and that it feels better really soon! Love your comment about being a dork - I am 100% dork when I try to do Hip Hop Hustle.

Jules - I hope you are able to avoid getting sick, and that your son recovers quickly. Hope your annual exam went well, too!

My back is much better now. I did my sure-fire low back remedy, Yoga with Adriene’s Yoga for Hips and Lower Back Release practice, a couple of days in a row, and voila! Much better. I went ahead and kept my appointment for needling yesterday because now my sciatic nerve is hurting down my right outer shin, across the foot, and into the big toe. Doc says it’s just irritated and should resolve with some myofascial release, which means using that mean grip stick roller thing that I hate every day for awhile.

I was able to go back to 80DO Phase 2 on Saturday. Today was supposed to be Booty, but it’s an hour long and I am slammed at work so I tried a bonus 21 Day Fix workout - Flat Abs Fix. It was okay; I might have slightly sore abs tomorrow.

Take care of yourselves!