Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-20-22, 01:42 PM  
Jules

Hi FitChicks!

It's my dog's b-day today (actually the anniversary of the day we adopted her from the shelter - we don't know her true age or b-day.) She is still tilting her head and shaking it more than usual, so I plan to call the vet on Monday. She seems pretty happy tho and is getting lots of treats and attention.

My daughter got her car back yesterday and it looks great. She drove to work this morning and I am trying not to overthink it. Like Newt Scamandar says: "Worrying means you suffer twice."

I am working really hard on my cardio endurance. I have a lot of energy lately. I am eating mostly chicken, veggies and potatoes and my IBS symptoms are much better. I have also been doing some intermittent fasting to give my digestive system a break.

Yesterday was a huge cardio day. I did a 90 minute Studio Sweat spin, 60 minute walk, the step portion of Cathe's Intensity, and Travel Fit.

Today I went for a 35 minute walk and did Cathe's Hardcore Extreme Circuit. I added in the 4 IMax 3 intervals that were not in the circuit and finished with the core work from High Step Challenge. I still had to take a couple of breathers during the circuit, but it felt easier than last time.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 03:46 PM  
Malinda

Wow Jules, you are hitting it hard! That's great!

I hope your dog has a happy birthday!!

Started week 4 of LIUFT4 today. I'm pretty happy with it!

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-21-22, 01:28 PM  
Jules

Hi Malinda. How many weeks do you plan on doing LIIFT4? Are you seeing noticeable results? Way to stay committed!

Today I went for my walk and did a couple of Cathe Lives: #385 Slammin' Cardio Express and #407 Build It, Burn It Bootcamp.

#385 Quick and doable drill-based cardio similar Cardio Slam but easier and with lots of water breaks. I upped my dumbbells to 5 pounds and my heart rate got up during those segments. Next time I will probably increase my step height to 6” as well.

#407 Nice, no-dread total body workout! Thanks for the rec, Kate. Cathe does some lunges and step-ups on the step, but mostly it is used as a weight bench. I grabbed my stability ball for the side shoulder raises and concentration curls. There are only 3 quick core exercises at the end. The rest of the upper body gets worked hard. Light on the leg work.
Old 08-22-22, 01:48 PM  
Jules

Well my legs are certainly feeling fried today! I went for a short walk and then did Insanity: Pure Cardio. I have not done this one in years. The warm-up is still tougher than most workouts, LOL. Only had to take one break right before the "level two" exercises. I just could not face push-ups without a little rest.

I followed Insanity up with Cathe Live #268 Fit Tower Bootcamp. Awesome all-around workout! I can't remember how closely this resembles the DVD, but I really enjoyed it. There were several plyo moves and my quads were on fire.
Old 08-23-22, 02:12 PM  
Jules

Today I revisited two Cathe Lives that I liked in the past: #19 Total Body Sculpt and #21 Cardio Strength Blast.

#19 is a higher rep total body workout that is similar to BodyPump. Cathe does a long, active warmup followed by legs. I used a 40 lb barbell for squats and deadlifts, and dropped to 25 for lunges. Next Cathe does upper body in this order: shoulders, back, chest, triceps, biceps, core. I was happy that the core work is pretty thorough as it often gets shorted in the Live workouts. Al from STS is in this workout!

#21 is an outstanding metabolic workout! I will definitely buy the download. Cathe is wearing her cute blue and purple striped leggings from RWH and the music is fun. The first 30 minutes are similar to Afterburn where Cathe does a cardio move followed by a weighted one and repeats them before moving on to the next 2 exercises. Unlike Afterburn, the cardio is high impact and sometimes she uses a green Firewalker loop. Then she does some weighted compound moves and finishes with planks and pushups. 336 Calories. Avg HR 147. Fun Factor 10/10!
Old 08-23-22, 04:35 PM  
Malinda

Hi Jules and Kate!

Oh, I love those purple and blue leggings from RWH! I liked all of the outfits in that series. IIRC, they had super-cute shoes to match their outfits.

Speaking of shoes, I got some new trainers. I've always loved Nikes, but the last time I went to Academy, they didn't have any Nike trainers, and I wanted new shoes THAT DAY (silly). So I bought some ASICs. I liked them fine, but they started getting holes in the sides where my little toes are in just a few months. Then they started to STINK. I would spray them with Lysol after every workout, I even sat them out in the sun to air out. Nothing helped. So I finally ordered some new Nikes online and I love them! Got 'em on sale, too!

DH and I do Pure Cardio every once in awhile. It's a killer, for sure, but at least it's over pretty fast once you get through the warm-up and stretch.

I plan to do the full 8 week rotation of LIIFT4, although of course it takes me longer than that! DH and I did Breathless Body together today for the 177th time! Yes, we're number nerds. I told him we're going to have to figure out how to contact Amy Dixon when we do number 200! That should be next Fall, if we maintain it twice a month. Whew!

Kate, I hope your back and hip are feeling better.

Jules, I hope your mom is better, and that they will be able to visit soon!

Y'all take care!
Old 08-26-22, 08:56 PM  
Jules

Hi Malinda. New shoes are the best! Feels like walking on a cloud. That is absolutely amazing you and your husband have done Breathless Body together 177 times! I can't even get my husband to walk with me, LOL. Thankfully the dog likes to go.

Wed: Les Mills The Trip #10 & #13 plus 2 walks with the dog
Thur: Cathe's BodyMax 2 plus 2 walks
Fri: Cathe Live #409 Stepping Into Bootcamp, Travis Short & Sweet #1, and 2 walks

#409 was pretty low-key and intermediate, but I was fine with it today because somehow I caught a little cold. My son has it too - we are always sick together. Hopefully it will be short-lived.

Kate - Hope you are feeling better!

TGIF Everyone!
Old 08-31-22, 02:18 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Fit Chicks! I'm SO glad you guys are still checking in.

BUSY days. Working 2 jobs, appointments and life in general have pushed me away from VF - not by choice.

So....lots of Chalene workouts lately, some Cathe Lives and this week some Men's Health BJ Gaddour workouts. I forgot how challenging they can be. Been working through 10 Minute Torchers and Bodyweight Cardio Burners. Whew!!

I'll be back. Gotta catch up on my reading.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-22, 05:57 PM  
Jules

Kate! You are always mixing it up with your workouts. Sounds fun! Are you back to full time then with the two jobs? Do you still work from home?

I went back to work this week and my throat is killing me from all the extra talking. Today was the first day back for students and it went well. I like my new schedule so far - I am with 4th and 8th graders. The hardest part today was my lunch duty. I have to check in all the students in our school for hot lunch, so I have to know all their names. Pizza day is nuts!

I am dropping down to just one evening walk with the dog on school days now since I don't want to walk her early in the morning - too many predators (mountain lions and bears) out at that hour. My plan is to do my big workout after work each day, drive back to pick up my son when he is finished and then maybe do a little yoga and walk the dog after that when I can.

Sat: Cathe's Power Max + Travis Short & Sweet #3 + walk
Sun: C.L #168 Total Body Blast w/Step + #215 Total Body Blast w/Step & Ball + 2 walks
Mon: BodyCombat 68/86 (100 min) + walk
Tues: Studio Sweat SpinCore (66 min) + walk
Today: Cathe's Drill Max (still plan to walk and do some yoga)

I loved both of the Total Body Blast workouts from Cathe Live, by the way. They rocked!
Old 09-01-22, 05:22 PM  
Malinda

Hi y'all!

Sounds like you are both super-busy. Good job keeping up with the workouts!

DH and I are in Colorado for a week. We scattered his mom's ashes yesterday. She died in 2019 and wanted to be scattered in Colorado Springs where she grew up and this is really the first time we've been able to get up here to do it. DH's sister & her husband and MIL'S brother & his wife were here with us for a couple of days. We had a lovely little ceremony & some very fun times with them, reminiscing. Really good family time. We head to the Western slope tomorrow for a wedding.

Working out at altitude is kicking my butt! I did Core de Force MMA Shred yesterday and I was huffing & puffing! Went for a 5 mile walk/trot this morning with beautiful views of Pike's Peak. The weather is amazing!

I'm considering a P90X rotation. Have either of you done it?