Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-11-22, 06:33 PM  
Leonana

My rash has almost cleared up. I got the vaccines around 3:30 on Thursday, and was sick on Friday morning. It seemed to end about 30 hours afterwards, late in the evening. Low fever, but still felt cold and achey, a headache and overall felt sick. It was like having the flu for a day. I feel much better today, thankfully.

I didn’t have any reactions to the Pfizer or flu shots last year. Either Moderna is much stronger, or it was the combined vaccines, or my immune system is stronger now. In the future, I’m not combining shots and I think I’ll stick with Pfizer.
Old 11-12-22, 01:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe Lean Legs + Abs!

Hi Ladies,

Wow, it's in the low 70's here today! It's a shame to waste such a beautiful day, but we're probably just staying home and maybe playing a board game.

Good Cathe workout today with minimal equipment. Only used 5lb-8lb dumbbells and a mat, plus loop band for firewalkers and floor work. I could do this one in my LR, while cats were on the couch!

Quite the storm we had last night! We lost power at 5:30AM.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 11:43 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe CTX (Upper Body); Cathe Stretch Max (no equipment and latex band)

Hi again everyone!

Back again to post today's workouts. Up early and got an oldie (but goodie) Cathe Cross Train Express workout in! Love this one, but there is no warmup at the start of the weight workout. I had forgotten this, so just did the workout as is. To make up for it, added more stretching at the end.

I'm really enjoying re-visiting Cathe's workouts again. It's been so long since I've used most of her DVDs and they're so great! I'm glad to still have them on my shelf, when I feel the need.

We might go to a local artisan holiday craft event, but it's raining like cats and dogs. Glad this is indoors.

Current Rotation:
Old 11-13-22, 05:38 PM  
Leonana

No workout today, I decided to rest up. I'm feeling fine today, thankfully. Unfortunately, my dd is under the weather, and we won't see her this evening. We usually have Sunday dinner together, then watch The Great British Baking Show.

Pam, great job on the Cathe's!
Old 11-13-22, 06:30 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone.

Where did the weekend go? I had Friday off, too and it still went by too fast.

To catch up:

Saturday:

Ellen - Power Fusion
Short dog walk - it was quite hot and humid! But that changed rapidly.

Sunday:

Lively Ladies - 25 Min Low Impact Calorie Burning Cardio (from 11/11)
Yogi Beth C - 8 is enough (this was nice - just 8 poses, non-fussy yoga, just what I needed)
Short dog walk - it was quite chilly today - particularly when the wind kicked in.

Sherry - good idea to rest....

Pam - it sounds like you are doing great w/ Cathe's workouts.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was...

Ellen - Full Body Blast - this is one of her more recent workouts - she does 15 min cardio, 15 min weights, 15 min stretch.

Planning to get a dog walk in during the chilly afternoon and then something tonight after work -maybe Jessica Valent....

Hope everyone has a good start to the week,

Donna
Old 11-14-22, 01:04 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Nothing other than Leaf Max today. Whole lotta leaves going on here.

Have a good one!

Current Rotation:
Old 11-14-22, 11:38 PM  
Leonana

Back to work today, so did my usual walking. Then another half hour walking around Costco. This evening I did Yoga with Kassandra 15 Minute Gentle Bedtime Yoga for Beginners. I’m feeling very relaxed and stretched.
Old 11-15-22, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did walk my dog at lunch - it is a slow walk b/c she likes to stop and sniff a lot. But it is fun for her and for me, it is at least a chance to stand up and be in the sunshine.

After work I did Jessica Valent's 15 min beginner lower body workout - it is very basic, but a good one - just two sets of squat, lunge, calf raises, deadlift and step ups.

Today, I pulled out a random DVD -

Debra Mazda - Shapely Girl - Walking fit and Fabulous - it was a nice walking routine - I did, I guess the main workout on the DVD - there are a number of premixes. I did the walk and the cool down, I skipped the standing abs and bonus walk

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Upper Body Strength and Flexibility - I have been really stiff in my upper back/shoulders lately so this was a good one.

Sherry - nice job w/ your yoga!

Pam - yes, leaves....my DD and her BF did ours.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 11-15-22, 07:34 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi! I haven't been posting because my knee issue returned and I decided to see an orthopedic surgeon. He thinks I have something called chondromalacia so I'm going to go back to PT for 4-6 weeks. If that doesn't help, then I'll have to get an MRI and take it from there. In the meantime, I can still exercise, but have to stay away from certain moves. I went to PT earlier this year and it didn't help much so I don't have a lot of faith that it will this time, but I have to go again in order for the insurance to pay for the MRI anyway, so I don't have a choice.

Today I did one of Jessica's newer cardio walks on youtube (Wake Up and Walk 2 miles). I liked it a lot and it was just what I needed, low impact and steady state.

Sherry, I found the yoga workout you mentioned on youtube and am going to give it a try before I go to bed.

Pam, I have a lot of leaves too, but with my knee issue I decided to have a landscaper do them this year. I've always done them myself so it feels strange leaving that to someone else!

Donna, It's good you have the dog to get you outside and away from your desk. I need to do more of that, but now that it's getting cold and gloomy, I just want to hibernate!

Tags
tablet