Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-22, 08:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went back to Caroline Jordan today and did her "Patreon Exclusive" beginner total body strength. This was actually a compilation of 3 of her You Tube channel workouts - beginner lower body, upper body and abs/core. It was a good workout, though - just the basics, not too much/not too little. You did 45 seconds on/15 seconds rest/set up and you can go heavy or light since you work at your own pace. I did enjoy it - Caroline is very positive and "happy" and sometimes that is what you need.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-22, 03:34 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I took the last two days off from exercise because I wanted to give my body a chance to recover after the COVID booster, but I probably didn't need to do that because I had no reaction whatsoever, other than the expected sore arm.

Today I resumed the S&C rotation and started week 3.

Donna, I got the booster at a local pharmacy. There were quite a few other people there doing the same thing, which surprised me because I keep hearing fewer people are getting this one. Some were also getting the flu shot at the same time, but that seemed like too much for me so I will wait a couple of weeks and then get that one. I usually get it in late October anyway.

Sherry, Schools around here start after Labor Day and have a few days off here and there for various holidays until Thanksgiving and then get a week or so off between Christmas and New Year's. School ends in late June. This is the last year I'll have any involvement in this since my niece is graduating HS in June. I still can't believe it!

Pam, I'm impressed that you got a couple of workouts in even when you weren't feeling that great!
Old 10-11-22, 06:18 PM  
Leonana

Sunday I didn't do a workout, and took a rest day. Yesterday evening, I did WS1 Total Body. It's one of my favorite strength workouts, and was nice to revisit. I used just five pounds this time around.

Today, my friend and I went to three Goodwills, so that was about three hours of walking around. I was looking for capris and jeans to wear for work, now that the weather is getting cooler. I found one pair of jeans and one pair of capris.

I do always stretch every evening, usually my own stretches for about five minutes. It keeps the soreness and aches away.

Yesterday I had my appointment with my TMJ doctor in Tucson. It's about an hour and 45 minutes drive there. It went well, they were happy for me that my mouth pain has been reduced, and I don't need any medication. It varies, sometimes I have no pain, sometimes it's a mild ache. My mouthguards still fit fine. But my doctor is retiring! He didn't ask my permission, lol. I will see a different one in six months, and he has worked with this doctor previously, so I think it should be fine.

I need to get the booster and the flu shot. Another thing on the list. I'm only working 20 hours a week, and it's still hard to fit everything in! I also need a haircut, and an oil change and tire rotation. I guess I'll work on that tomorrow.

Pam, good job on the workouts.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad the booster didn't bother you too much.

Donna, a weekend away sounds nice. I'm planning on visiting my brother up north this coming weekend, before I go back to work.
Old 10-12-22, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I managed Day # 2 w/ Caroline this week. Today was a 50 min Pilates class. It is on You Tube - I think it is called Pilates Exercises for Weight Loss. The workout starts standing, then moves to the floor for more traditional Pilates ab work, and then finishes with leg work (side lying) and some planks.

I modified some of the ab work - well, most of it, as my back does not do well w/ those spinal articulation type roll downs or "C" curve work. I modified to do most of it w/out curling my spine. It worked well enough!

Yesterday I did manage a dog walk at "lunch" and an Essentrics workout after work. I think I'm going to go back and do the Season 14 challenge again - I sort of miss Miranda...

wishiwasinhawaii - glad you didn't have a reaction!

Sherry - it sounds like you are having a good time off from work! I'm glad you are doing better w/ your mouth pain. That is a relief.

Waves, Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 10-12-22, 11:37 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast; Cain Carroll Heal Neck and Shoulder Pain (Mobility)

Hi Ladies,

I took an unplanned rest day yesterday. We had errands to run, like getting meds at the animal hospital for our cat.

Today was a really fun, sweaty Cathe workout. I can't wait to do this one again. But, the shoulder work had some rotator cuff exercises that didn't agree with me, even with light weights. My neck was hurting soon after, so I did some neck and shoulder mobility stretches. Have you guys ever done that scarecrow arms movement with weights? Don't go heavier than 3's...just saying.

Sherry, enjoy your break from school! Mouth guards are so awkward. But, I've been sleeping better with one. My mouth is just so small and the device feels like I can't get my lips around it, haha!

Wishiwasinhawaii, glad the booster didn't effect you in any negative way!

Donna, good job on modifying your pilates workout! I love all the c-curve stuff and will probably incorporate pilates back into my routine in November. In fact, Cathe had a bit of pilates core work in Metabolic Blast towards the end. On the mat, you hold weights while rolling back (with c-curve spine) and then come back up to a seated position.

Today, I have a tele-health appointment with my sleep clinic doctor, to see how the mouth guard is working out and my sleep, etc.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-22, 07:27 PM  
Leonana

Today was yes2next 20 Minute Full Body Standing Strength Workout. I liked this one, April moves slow and it’s also easy on the back with no bent over rows. April is 58 I believe, and her mother is 80. I like their banter, her mother is a character.

I also did some touch up painting around the house. It’s been over two years since I painted the house during the first part of Covid. I remember thinking it would last a few months!

Pam, I’m glad the mouth guard is helping you. I hope your cat is doing better.

Donna, good job on doing 50 Minutes of Pilates. I can’t do C curve either, my back would protest!
Old 10-13-22, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I'm continuing on w/ the October calendar for Caroline, today was a mix of short workouts - these are all on You Tube:

Warm-up Routine: Warm Up Routine Before Workout Quick and Effective (10 Minutes

This would make a great, any time mobility type add on - good for taking a break from sitting.

10 Min Cardio: 10 Min Calorie Burning Interval Workout (NO EQUIPMENT + NO JUMPING!)

6 Min Standing abs: 6 Min Flat Belly Standing Abs Workout (GET AB LINES + RIPPED ABS)

And, finally 10 min stretch:

Daily Stretching Routine. 10 Minute Total Body Flexibility

All in all - pretty good.

And, I'm sore in my abs and glutes so I think her calendar theme for October - health hips - is working!

Yesterday I also added on:

Dog walk
CS 1401 - It was nice to re-visit Season 14. While I enjoy all the new Essentrics instructors, there is just something about a classic w/ Miranda.

Much is happening here w/ COVID - my Dad (age 80 in bad health) has it, my Dad's wife has it, and my DD's Chemistry Professor has it.

I think someone is trying to tell me to get the booster shots...

Sherry - that looks like a nice channel! Paint seems to get chipped and deteriorate easily. We had a good portion of our main living area painted in January and there are chips and nicks already- I think a lot had to do w/ having baby gates up for my Lab. But still....one would think it would last longer.

Pam - nice job w/ Cathe! It is interesting how the "C" curve works for you but not me. It is interesting that we are all different. I'm finally learning to listen to my body and not force things that don't feel good/right or that I know have injured me in the past. Interestingly, my abs are sore w/ the modifications I was doing - which was mainly bracing my abs while lying on the floor and doing the arm and leg movements. It protected my back while apparently still working "something"

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii.

It is dreary here so I think it will be an indoor walk day.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

Donna
Old 10-13-22, 11:42 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

David-Dorian Tai Chi Fit Flow, Lee 7 Minutes of Magic; Jane Gentle Yoga (Morning)

Hi Ladies,

I did a nice long flow tai chi practice today, which felt great on the spine, shoulders, arms, etc. Just the ticket to balance out and stretch the muscles from yesterday's strength workout. I also enjoyed both extended AM & PM practices from Lee's Qi Gong workout. He does this chest opener at the start of the PM workout that felt wonderful! Finished off with Jane's yoga and her morning routine. I expected it to be more active and athletic, but it was so great with such gentle movement while standing. Waking up the body from all angles! She even does footwork, which I appreciated, as did Lee!

Donna, sorry to hear about your dad's health and his contact with Covid, plus his wife, too! It's so scary when parents are older and their health has declined. They're much more susceptible to disease and sickness and take longer to heal. With regard to pilates, I really have to take matwork slow and easy with my muscles relearning all the nuances and techniques again.

Sherry (and everyone) thanks for thinking about my cat. I have to keep a constant watch on her with all of her behavioral issues. I'm wondering if because she's older she's unable to control her bladder when she has to go, and she doesn't get to her litterbox in time. I now only let her out of her confined bathroom prison, if I know she's just eliminated. If she's done so, I can let her out (for a couple hours) and have some freedom, while we're home just watching TV.

wishiwasinhawaii, great job with Strong and Centered! Are you sure you don't want to venture into Cathe's more intermediate workouts? The LITE series or her ICE series are very good! ;-)

April Focus:
Old 10-14-22, 11:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went back to Ellen....

Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion 2 - enjoy this one!

Yesterday for extra activity I did the Improved Health 1970's walk from You Tube (this was fun - good for a break from sitting) and CS 1402.

Pam - good luck w/ your cat - it is very hard to deal with our aging and sick pets. this is the first time in a year and a half that I haven't had baby gates up - it is odd - like I'm expecting them to be there.

I hope everyone is off to a good start for the weekend.

Donna
Old 10-14-22, 11:13 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe LITE PHA2; Jane Gentle Yoga (Standing Flow)

Hi Ladies,

Today's Cathe workout was a sweaty one, but very good. Two circuits through each of the exercises. Pace was decent with heavy-ish weights. Cool down stretch was brief, so needed more and Jane's was good, too! Neck is a little tight so will add-on later today.

Heading out for a follow up dental appliance appt., and then lunch afterwards!

Have a good day, all!

ETA: One of the hardest things about losing a pet is when you expect them to be there, just around the corner or in their favorite spot. You're so used to having them around daily. Donna, at least you have your other dog to keep you occupied, so that's good!

April Focus:

Tags
tablet