Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-22, 09:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got a 2 mile Leslie walk in for some extra activity - it was from the Walk 15 series - I did the 2 mile walk - Leslie did a "walk concert" w/ popular music for mile # 1 and Rocky lead mile # 2. It was good to get moving after sitting for so long - and the dreary weather!

Today, so far, was:

Ellen - Gentle Barre - this is a favorite of mine. Low key.

Not sure about extras today - I have an errand to run at lunch and then this evening I'm meeting friends for dinner.

Pam - I'm sorry about your cat. W/ Bailey I had to put baby gates up to keep her out of certain areas b/c she was having so many accidents.

Sherry - I agree, exercise helps relieve stress.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 08:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I realized I forgot to post, after my hike today. Afterwards, I spent some time outside in the beds doing much needed weeding. I should have mulched this Spring, so now everything is outta control.

We also had some drama with our home in MN., which has involved us seeking legal council from a real estate attorney. Basically, the people who made an offer on our home backed out and we were unable to close on our home recently, after going back and forth with these people. The husband was a real psycho and after all papers were signed, they changed their mind. So, we will probably end up with the earnest money, which hasn't been worth all the hassles really. It's a bad time to be buying and selling a home with the economy tanking right now.

Yes, also agree about exercising helping to relieve stress. At least we can try to focus our minds on something other than what is worrying us, etc.

Yep, we used a baby gate to section off certain areas of the home and it's currently blocking off the first floor from the 2nd floor stairs, trying to keep both cats to their separate floors.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 09:55 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe Body Weight & Bands; David-Dorian Tai Chi Fit for Cancer

Hi Ladies,

I was up early today, so got my workout in before 10am..a rarity!

Loved this Cathe workout in the LITE series! Remembered liking it right away when I got the set, but too many workouts to do them all with any regularity.

David-Dorian's Tai Chi workout for Cancer prevention and healing had a nice set of exercises. I'd never done some of the animal poses in this sequence, like bear rubbing his tummy or tiger clawing/pouncing and then relaxing/stretching spine. He also does deer with antlers that stretches spine, too! And, dragon twisting his body to look behind him while wrapping arms around you.

Have a good day everyone!

April Focus:
Old 10-07-22, 11:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did:

Essentrics Live from 10/3 w/ Ellyn. My body was telling me it needed to do Essentrics today, so I listened.

DH and I are going away for the weekend, so probably no workouts for Sat/Sun, but hopefully some walking.

It will be nice to get away and sort of re-set from this week.

Pam - that is terrible about the headaches of your MN home sale going wrong.

Waves, Sherry and wishiwasinhawaii....and anyone else stopping by!

Donna
Old 10-07-22, 05:42 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did Improved Health’s Six Minute Arm workout. I think today is a rest day.

Next week is fall break. I don’t go back in until Tuesday the 18th. I don’t know what I will do with myself!
Old 10-08-22, 07:45 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm on day 13 of S&C, which is an optional movement day. I haven't decided what I'll do today, but the weather is cooler so I may go for a long walk or bike ride. I also have some errands to run. I'm getting the new COVID booster tomorrow so I'm not going to do any workouts tomorrow and probably not Monday either. Tomorrow is a rest day anyway.

Donna, Enjoy your time away!

Pam, Sorry to hear about the real estate issues. I'm planning to sell my house next year and I'm really dreading the whole process.

Sherry, It's interesting schools have a fall break there. We don't have that here, but I think school starts later (right after Labor Day) so maybe that's why.
Old 10-08-22, 01:12 PM  
Leonana

Today was housework. I dusted, vacuumed and mopped. Also helped dh reorganize his game room, which is in the Arizona room. I told dh we rearrange things frequently! But I guess your needs change over time. I hope to do a workout tomorrow morning before church.

wishiwasinhawaii, our schools here are labeled year round. The Phoenix school I work for started on August 8, and is out on May 25th. They get one week of fall break, two weeks at Christmas and one week at Spring break. Along with some of the federal holidays, and of course some teacher training days. The schools where I live east of Phoenix have an even shorter summer, and go back at the end of July. Some of them have two weeks for fall and spring break.
Old 10-09-22, 10:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe Perfect Pump (Upper Body); David-Dorian Tai Chi Fit to Go!

Hi Ladies,

Wasn't feeling so great today but did manage to get a couple workouts in. Perfect Pump is from the Perfect 30 series of workouts. It's a heavier lifting workout with only 10-12 reps, in most cases but I never lift heavy if the pace is too quick. Just wanted another workout that was different from the LITE (low impact training extreme) series.

Took a rest day on Saturday, since we were out and about!

Night all!

April Focus:
Old 10-10-22, 12:58 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe Body Weight & Bands (LITE series)

Hi Ladies,

Since I just did UB yesterday, I figured I could do the band work today for total body. This is such a fun workout, though the main workout is 50+ minutes long with nice stretch afterwards. Great yoga stretching today with Cathe! No need to add more.

April Focus:
Old 10-10-22, 05:04 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We were away for the weekend, so I didn't get any formal workouts in - mainly just leisurely walking, today I made up for it. I took the day off from work so I had time....

This morning:

Ellen - Power & Balance
Blessful Body - Pilates Challenge Day # 1 - Core Connection (I think I am done trying this - the instructor, Ky, is very nice but I just can't get into these workouts!!)

This afternoon:

Dog Walk
Jessica Valent - Balance Exercises
Jessica Valent - Juicy Spine

The Juicy Spine is a new one on her site - it was a nice mobility routine - very good for post travel/sitting.

Back to work, tomorrow.....

wishiwasinhawaii - I hope the booster went well, now I have to get that scheduled......

Pam -- nice job w/ Cathe.

Sherry - the schools here don't get fall break, but they do get a lot of random days off here and there - as well as some longer breaks. I'm a bit out of the loop now since my daughter is in college - I think they went back to school here on August 18th, which seems too early in my mind....they got out some time in June...but I think the plan is for them to get out earlier in June and go back mid-August. It all seems wrong to me b/c when I grew up we went to school till the middle/end of June and then went back after Labor Day.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Donna

Tags
tablet