Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-30-22, 03:27 PM  
manleym

ChelePA thanks for posting the clip of the Brazil goal. Wasn't that just AMAZING!! Hubby and I just were wide-eyed with our mouths open when we saw it. How did he do that?!?! As hubby said, the defender had to get his head out of the way or it was going to be knocked off! Just WOW!
I’m glad you and your hubby liked Where the Crawdads Sing. Obviously the book went into more detail than the movie, and since I knew the story, I thought the movie was good, but probably not as good as someone who hasn’t read the book. I haven’t heard of Glass Onion, but we don’t get out much, so….don’t think I’ve heard of the Knives Out Series either. So did your hubby write verde or vida?? HA!

Cataddict agree that Louie is in every.single.workout...He is cute. I wonder if Anna is getting older because the few times I've seen her she's been in her bed, or somewhere outside usually laying down. She doesn’t get the screen time that Louie gets. And LOL about Chris not being able to respond to comments and Louie being more interested in his surroundings than having her mug him for the camera. I agree, “GOOD!” I LOVE her workouts, but do wish she would tone down the comments and giggling a bit. Everything else is great about her workouts. I'll have to find that workout.

Bee glad you got a new dvd player. Agree that it was probably just easier and cheaper than dealing with all that other stuff. Plus the headache of trying to figure it all out and make it work. Laughed at your son "helping" you! Sounds like a young guy!

Kim, I know ya’ll will have a GREAT time in Gettysburg! I know you can’t wait for the weekend!

Kittybug ugh on all the snow! And sounds like a comedy of errors chasing that ball around! HA! What a crazy story about your hubby’s “new” car losing its front bumper! You definitely have dibs on, “I was right. You should listen to me.” HA! My FIL is a HUGE car guy and has been working on restoring a Rambler for YEARS. It’s in their garage, along with his other “toys.” Boats, cars, motorcycles…One year he shows up on my MIL’s bday with a new motorcycle for HIM, unbeknownst to my MIL!! It took him awhile to make that one up! HA!

USA beat Iran and will advance in the WC! YAY! If ya’ll want another amazing goal, try to find Christian Pulisic’s gutsy goal. He literally took it for the team. Amazing!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 03:30 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Monday - 5 Parks Shoulder Strength & Flexibility Yoga Class + Pure Barre Flex Series Tone in 10 Vol 2 Thighs & Seat (WOW! BURNER! Felt thighs!) + CL #21 Cardio Strength Blast (GREAT! HR up; more cardio than strength moves; metabolic; uses band) + CDorner 30 Min Butt And Thighs Workout Booty Bands At Home Workout (good add-on; used Cathe’s green band, could use blue or add weight to green)

Tuesday - CDorner 30 Min Toned Arms And Abs Workout At Home Workout With Bands (LOVED! FLEW! Nice variations of moves; uses bands & weights, sometimes combining them in a move which I liked for variety; she's not too chatty or giggly) + Cardio Step And Kickboxing Interval Workout Fat Burning Cardio At Home (LOVED! Great mix of step & KBoxing; great add-on to arms/abs)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 08:12 AM  
Mickey12

Happy December, Watulans!

Last night I did an old CIA, number 2502 with Heather Rider called Step Inspirations. It was fun but once she taught the entire workout, we repeated it A LOT! That was my only complaint. Otherwise, it was moderate intensity, mixed impact, good music like all CIA workouts, and not too complicated choreography.

This morning I did the last two Jenny Ford walking workouts in her 50 state set. The last two I did were Florida and Rhode Island. Both were filmed on the beach, one on a gloomy, grey day and one is full, bright sun. I enjoy the sunny workouts so much more! So now that I'm done with the walking set, I will probably start a quest to finish all the Step Across America workouts. I have done some, but there are a lot left.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-01-22, 09:36 AM  
ChelePA

New month…new rotation. Back to the Peloton calendar with some Cathe mixed in where appropriate.

30 minute 90s cycling class. 20 minute yoga flow focusing on fire log pose. 10 minutes foam rolling glutes area.

Manleym… looks like the US player will be ok for Saturday. And my husband was relieved he wrote the right word on the soccer ball. Haha. Just said it wrong at dinner.

Kim…can’t wait to hear all the details of your Gettysburg trip.

Headed to the vet. Thinking Winston has a yeast infection in his one ear. Driving him nuts.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 11:52 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy..... Thursday, Watulans! Seems like it should be Friday somehow. Darn it. We have a rainy cozy day here -- great day to stay inside and do nothing, but that can't really happen. Hopefully the stay home part will.

The Amy Cardio Pump comments have been funny and fun to watch. Kim, I'm glad you had fun at the show the other night and the Gettysburg Christmas sounds very festive!! Enjoy.

Horusosiris, so nice to see a post from you! Very glad to hear the big extended family was together for Thanksgiving because I know how important that is for you guys. Sorry life is so busy for you these days. I ended up getting a Sony dvd player because well... Sony! It was a lower end model. I hope I don't regret it, but I don't think I need blue ray because all I will use it for is workout videos.

cataddict, your post about dads was so nice -- you always manage to say things in a way I wish I could. Hard to imagine I was once paid to do nothing but write.

kittybug, I loved your car story and saw it play out as if a movie. Good luck with the snow!! Think there's a bunch more today based on a coworker who lives in your neck of the woods.

manleym, so you're liking the barre workouts?

Chele, congrats on finishing your LITE rotation (my Cardio Party twin! Hope you figure out Winston's ear problem. I have to go find your link for that goal.

I didn't workout Tuesday/Wednesday because I went to work early. Some days I get a lot of steps in at work, but yesterday was pathetic! My step count for the entire day was something like 3600 steps. Oh well. Today I did CL #6 -- a total body that was set up like a Les Mills (I forget what they used to call those) where it's one body part/exercise per song -- very endurance based. Not my favorite. It's challenging for both my brain and my body (those lunges! oof!) but I got it done.

Waves to all of our lurking friends, too.....
Old 12-02-22, 10:00 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton workouts : 10 minutes core. 30 minutes legs and glutes. Added on a holiday cycling class since it was rated easy. Mariah Carey made a quick appearance at the end. She’s the next artist series they are releasing.

Winston has a bacterial/yeast infection. Trying a longer acting med. Second dose next week. Eventually need to figure out if his paw and ear issues are related to allergies. We will see what happens in the winter months.

Headed to the local college basketball game this evening.

Have a great day!
Old 12-02-22, 10:06 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Good golly Miss Molly!!! How does time get away from me so much?

So not feeling the love for Dream Body Cardio. I started MILF this week and pulled it out. The speed is just not my thing. I will try again later, but I don't know...so more Cathe Live. LOL

Mon: Live 30 Kickboxing and Compound Weights. This was really fun!! First part is all kickboxing and then finishes with the weight work.

Tues: Live 200 plus 191 Low Impact Conditioning Express. This was great putting two together because they were formatted the same. Rounds of cardio then weight work.

Wed: Nothing..Justin had a Dr appointment.

Thurs: Live 23 Cardio Box & Stability Ball Abs. FUN!!! The boxing/kick drills were fantastic! I repeated the last 10 min of cardio to make it a full hour instead of 45 min. The ball cardio was excellent too!!

Will be doing Live #50 Muscle Max No Step shortly. Just checking in.

Be well, happy weekend!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 11:35 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton Upper Body Day plus Core. One mile treadmill walk since it’s raining again.

Hope to catch up with posts this weekend.
Old 12-03-22, 12:29 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, Watulans!

Workouts: Weds: Callanetics 30-day Countdown level 3; Thurs: Cathe Athletic Training; Fri: Pure Barre Resistance Series #4.

I SO WISH Cathe would put out an Athletic Training 2 and an Afterburn 2. I know she has some similar Lives but still.

Manleym, do you have PB Resistance #4? I'm not sure what I thought. I guess maybe because I didn't know what to expect and I had to finagle my tubing in places to do things right. I felt like it wasn't comprehensive enough or hard enough, maybe? Maybe I just need to do it again?

ChelePA, I love the story of your husband and the ball! Hilarious! How is Winston doing? Those types of allergies are so frustrating, I know!

Horusosiris, your Thanksgiving warmed my heart. I know how much you've missed those gatherings. Glad to see you post!

Kim, I don't know much about those Jenny Ford step workouts...are they very dance-y? Have fun on your trip!

Bee, we lucked out with not getting snow BUT we're supposed to get it starting tonight. UG!! I keep telling myself only a couple more weeks and the days will start getting longer again.

Kate, MILF is the one I left to try for last in the Cardio set, which I'll try next week. I think because it's Darby, I'm reluctant, hah!! I'll have to see how I feel...I also have to get through the other original(?) set. So far the barre was my favorite but that shouldn't be surprising given all the barre I do!

FN2, I'm picturing your sunflower workout ensemble and loving it! I love sunflowers.

Okay, gotta run...stay fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 07:15 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug…how much snow did you get? I like it for Christmas then I’m good. My Peloton calendar has some 10-15 minute barre this month. It really is a burner without all the impact. Impressed with your dedication!

Manleym…disappointing the US lost. Who are you cheering for now?

Bee…let us know how the new DVD player is working out. I have a back up Blu Ray if my Xbox dies.

Kate…I like fun cardio and Cathe never disappoints for me. How’s your son doing?

Kim…hoping you had a great trip! I know it’s one of your favorite spots.

Cataddict…Kat is releasing short power step and weight routines. I think around 15 minutes to get your morning metabolism going. Might be nice add on or warm up video. Newest one is available now. I need to check it out.

My niece quit the basketball team but we’ve been going to other local college games. We know a few players. Today we are headed to a Christmas concert at my daughter’s university. She will be working unfortunately.

Planning a holiday treadmill walk. Plus yoga flow focusing on hips. We’ll see if I have more energy for a cycling class. Snoring husband disrupted my sleep so up way too early. Lucky I love him so much

ETA: I decided to add on an easier Broadway ride. The instructor is German, and it was his first time doing an English class. Lots of fun!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in