Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-22, 11:44 AM  
suzanne63

Hi The heavy weight workouts are too heavy for me. I don't think I could even push or roll those heavy weights LOL. But I do want these mobility and yoga flow-ish movements workouts. They sound very good to me.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 11:44 AM  
ChelePA

STS 2.0 can be done with light weight as well. It is for all fitness levels however it is geared toward advanced exercises who want to lift with the heavier weights at a slower pace. But that does not mean that somebody who doesn’t want to lift heavy weights cannot do this program. It is a great program for all fitness levels. Simply select lighter weights and add a few extra reps to each set that we do and you will be fine. There are no cardio workouts in STS 2.0, so if you are looking for cardio you can insert that on your own in between your lifting days 🙌🏻
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 11:46 AM  
ChelePA

Question, will you offer a preview window of the next exercise during the rest periods and also have a running clock (or progress meter) - I rather like knowing how much time I have left 😆. Those are the only features I'm missing from 1.0.

It's too soon for me to know the answer to this question. But we’re exploring all those options.
Old 10-04-22, 11:54 AM  
ChelePA

The program will be offered in its entirety. And the Cathe equipment that we use will be offered as well. We have new Cathe barbells and some other equipment that we’ve added to our line so be sure to check those out soon. As far as being able to purchase the workouts individually, this is an unknown until we have finished editing.
Old 10-04-22, 12:00 PM  
ChelePA

Talking about the remaining workouts...
The remaining phase is one body part method… however the pre-mixes will give even more options for splits. This is a very versatile program. There is no cardio included with this program. You can insert cardio on the days you are not lifting or on the days you are doing shorter lifting workouts
Old 10-04-22, 12:03 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
From Facebook Questions:

The way STS 2.0 differs from the original is that the three phases are all in the strength/hypertrophy category vs starting with endurance, then progressing to strength, then progressing to the hypertrophy phase. STS 2.0 provides variety within each phase (total body, splits, and single body parts training) and each phase falls in the hypertrophy/strength category..
I like the sound of this.

I am guessing part of this change is a change in the thinking on what rep range and rest strategy constitutes strength vs hypertrophy. The research shows that it’s a little muddier than used to be popular thinking in the strength world, I read.

With longer rests, there is so much more down time and chatty time, though. (Chatty Cathe? ) That makes a video program tricky. It also only works with shorter workouts, if there are fewer exercises. And harder to do with fewer compound exercises because of the limits of home equipment. I hope they can pull it off.

I wonder if we can expect this for the new year, or more like March?
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 12:05 PM  
ChelePA

This series is packed with variety. Lots of editing still has to be done and tons of premixes to be figured out. While I would love to say by the end of the year, that is probably being too optimistic. But the goal is to get it out as soon as possible
Old 10-04-22, 12:07 PM  
ChelePA

There are pull ups in STS 2.0.  we have our new STS assisted pull up and dip bars which you’ll see featured soon. We also use our fabric band along with these pull up bars to show you how to do assistant dips. That’s all coming down the road as we continue to post pictures.
There is no cardio offered with the STS 2.0 program. I suggest that you do cardio on your off days or on your shorter lifting days
Old 10-04-22, 12:21 PM  
suzanne63

Hi Do you know how much the whole DVD presale package will be?
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 12:25 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
There are pull ups in STS 2.0.  we have our new STS assisted pull up and dip bars which you’ll see featured soon. We also use our fabric band along with these pull up bars to show you how to do assistant dips. That’s all coming down the road as we continue to post pictures.
There is no cardio offered with the STS 2.0 program. I suggest that you do cardio on your off days or on your shorter lifting days
I hope we don't have to purchase new equipment for this.....

I have the other big piece of equipment to use possibly for makeshift pull ups but I am not purchasing more big equipment!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar