Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-10-21, 02:39 AM  
Helen

ASAS
We do it at the same time, over a FaceTime call, "Ready-Set-PLAY!"
We don't synch precisely so mute the phone sound. Usually only a few seconds out either way. Then set the phone under the TV so we can see each other & debrief afterwards. We started together at my house, but Covid/lockdown happened & she loves not having to leave the house. Been that way ever since. Started mid 2019. It's been very positive for both of us.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 02:24 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Helen, that's awesome! And it sounds like a lot of fun, and a great way to keep the motivation up for both of you.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 07:41 PM  
T2B

ASAS - sorry for your loss. Condolences to your DP & family. Great workouts, you have a way of finding gems. Those KS Super Slimdown workouts sound really good.

Elsie - What is the Sofa to Daytona program?

AMD - those balls used in the clips look like the play ball I bought from Wal-Mart for $1.99. I bought it to use with a barre program. Ha. Anyway the workout looked like fun, and more cardio, than anything. I wish your parents continued clarity and good health. I sympathize with your mom and I’m sure the in-home providers are used to those type of directions from their clients.

Helen - so does your buddy have her own set of workouts? I’m always a mess after my workout so props to you for working out while FaceTiming. It’s awesome that you have a buddy that enjoys working out, too!

Jane - are you done with Midnight Mass?

I just ordered new workout shoes. Ryka has a 25% off coupon + free shipping.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 06:04 AM  
Dontmindthemess

ASAS I’m sorry for your loss I’m glad to see you back and was hoping everything was okay with you. Hype & Tone is a streaming service by Nikki Carlson. It’s live classes that are filmed in a pretty studio and the music is good. It reminds me a little of the Dream body workouts but not at all frantic. The first half is cardio (kickbox inspired), arms, standing lower body. Nikki usually does a HiiT sequence in the middle of the workout before slowing it down. Sometimes the second half is all mat work but the latest workouts use a short step and she works off of that. Nikki uses a lot of props, every workout uses light hand weights like 2s and 5s and ankle weights. She also may use resistance bands, sliders, Pilates ball, hip band or fire walker band, and a 10lb bala ring. They’re sweaty and a little different. There’s some creative moves that don’t feel like you have to be an acrobat. There’s a 7 day free trial too if you want to try it out.

Elsie I’m wondering what couch to Daytona is too! Are you using Cathe’s workout blender?

Helen Sorry you’re struggling with work! Last winter I really struggled with a new job and overnight hours. I had to give myself a lot of grace and just do what I could. At least I was getting in >12k steps at work. My hours are pretty normal now but this job is definitely more demanding and stressful than my last one and I just don’t feel like working out at the same intensity that I used to. I think as long as you get something in most days you’ll be okay.

AnMrsDe The live boss bands and loops sounds a lot better than the dvd version. I’m sure I’ll resubscribe at some point and try it out. I really enjoy Cathe’s live kickboxing workouts. I’m sure your mom is struggling seeing someone in her house even when she knows she needs help. It’s a pretty natural feeling. I can only imagine how you would cope with that situation!! It has to be hard letting go and letting other help after being so independent and being the caregiver. Even if she feels relieved in some ways it just goes against the grain.

TB2 I finished Midnight Mass and really enjoyed it. I especially thought that the priest and Beth were really great in it. Have you watched the director’s other miniseries? The haunting of hill house and bly manor should both be on Netflix. They are both a little hokey like midnight mass but fun to watch. My next recommendation is Promising Young Woman on HBO max. Best movie I’ve seen in a while. I think Carey Mulligan should have won the Oscar last year. She was something else in this. I loved Nomadland and Frances McDormand but Carey was really fantastic. Also I feel like almost every pose in Yin is called a different name. I did sleeping swan last night which sounds really nice but it’s only pigeon

Chrys Hang in there!! I’m sorry you’re struggling. It’s really tough being an educator. It’s a hard job to begin with and now with the pandemic it’s just crazy.

Waves to all!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 07:28 AM  
AnMrsDe

ASAS, So sorry for your DP's loss. Glad to see you posting again.

Helen, thanks so much for the support!

Jane, exactly! You summed it up perfectly about my mom!

Elsie & ASAS, Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadians! Hope it is great!

I must've tweaked my back somehow doing yard work Saturday...I can hardly walk. :/ I started feeling it last night sitting on the couch, b/c I was fine for church yesterday morning. I think it happened when I was reaching down and over a fence trying to cut back a plant. Ugh. I knew at the time it wasn't a good idea...why didn't I listen? This week is not a good week to be lazy and restful either! My workouts may be sporadic...
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 07:52 AM  
Elsie

ASAS, I am so very sorry to hear of your/family's recent loss.
A rebounder is something I have considered so many times, but the prices have kept me from going through with it. Looked all over craigslist etc but not so easy to come by. I have tried the springy more affordable ones briefly and it hurt my back. Perhaps some day. I know there are so many benefits to it! Also looks so much fun.
CabC, Happy belated Anniversary wishes to you!
AMDe, very glad to hear that something has been improving with your Mom. All the best. I just Love Yin Deer pose holds. Just feels wonderful and good for releasing mental tension as well, I find. ETA: hoping your back gets better before long.
Looking as if many of us here are on a Yoga time now. I must include more!!
T2B, what is Tap less, Step more? Congrats on all your progress!!
Helen, I think you are managing your work-workout balance better than most especially considering all those extra hours. You definitely have the right attitude. .. Do not allow it to dominate you! I always struggle with prioritizing.
Chrys, very sorry for all this stress, especially with your parents and all. Jane is so right about our educators. We definitely need to appreciate you SO much more now. In fact, with all necessary workers. I just get so mad when $media$ types are grumbling about "no one wanting to work", with all the absolute unappreciative cr@p they have had to deal with this past going on 2 years soon. Sorry to go a bit off-topic, just such a frustrating when everybody has been trying.
Jane + T2B, Sofa to Daytona is a workout blender group of four workouts/sort of a program I just put together for myself to try to move to more intermediate. It will very, very likely be too easy with too many breaks for you guys. I'm trying to complete it every three weeks. This is my first time having the blender in about 5 years and I'm having some fun with it and with the obvious campy titles. Lol. Feels great to have worked up to Cathe again.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Waving to everyone! Hope your weekend was nice. A long weekend here for Thanksgiving/Harvest.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 01:29 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm still doing lots of walking. I was at the airport yesterday and my flight was delayed, making me miss my connection. I stayed an extra night and am flying back now. It was fun seeing the girlies and being in 80 degree weather. It's snowing at home. Our son gets home this weekend.
Elsie, happy Thanksgiving to you. Educators are feeling under appreciated right now, truly.
AnMrsDe, so sorry about your back. Pain there is terrible.
Jane, working overnight hours would be very difficult
T2B, hooray for new workout shoes!.
ASAS, so sorry for your loss.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 04:46 PM  
T2B

Elsie - Happy Thanksgiving! Your Sofa to Daytona sounds like a great way to increase intensity slowly. Sounds like fun and I’m a fan of whatever it takes to keep you moving and active! Tap-Less Step More is a Deidre Morris step workout, CIA2803. Mary has a clip at Total Fitness.

Chrys - glad your son will be home soon and that you had a great visit with the grandbabies. Snow already? Oh no!

AMD - sorry about the back injury. Healing vibes!

Jane - I watched Nomadland last week for the first time. Beautiful scenery, beautifully acted by FM but I didn’t get the Oscar love. I rarely agree with Oscar picks so no surprise there. I recently added Promising Young Woman to my watchlist but haven’t had time to watch it yet; good to know it’s good. I love shows that don’t have tidy endings and leave you thinking about it for days afterwards!

Work holiday for me today. I wanted to do something later today but my upper body is so sore that I can barely move/lift my arms. It will be interesting to see if I have any lower body soreness tomorrow!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 07:19 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thank you everyone for the condolences

T2B, enjoy your new shoes! I love the Ryka pair I have, the model you have look pretty. I loved both workouts from the Super Slimdown Circuit DVD, and zero whooping, my only criticism is that for the adductor muscles they showed the bikini area way to close to the screen, I could see all of her razor bumps, it wasn't necessary . I also love LWTLW but she does whoop a lot on that one, I barely noticed while doing it though. You could check them both on YouTube.

Jane, DreamBody like without the frantic pace sounds like music to my ears! I will have to check it out, thanks for all the great info!

AMD, thank you! // Sending healing vibes your way for your back, I hope you get back to your normal self soon.

Elsie, I have a 'cheapo' rebounder, it is almost 10 years old. It has been very sturdy, and nice quality, I haven't have any discomfort while using it, I love it, maybe one day I will get a more fancy one, but to be honest I don't use it often enough to justify the big price. And, I have the feeling that if buy the one with bungee cords, I will have to replace them every "x" time, which sound like a long term commitment to me.

Chrys, glad you had a great family time! And glad your son is coming back home soon! Yay!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 02:42 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
OCTOBER 2021

12 - Lively Ladies all standing Abs; Cathe XT AOLIH Floor cardio only (unlikely to do this again. ...everything's some sort of lunge & the camera-person's preoccupation with Amanda's chest during a cardio session was getting creepy AF)
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
Ugh, I so know what you mean!!! XT is the worst for that!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cow face pose, just the workouts, travis eliot