Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-05-21, 12:35 PM  
CabCalloway

Did a 5 miles "anniversary" bike ride with my spouse yesterday. Ended at our neighborhood dock where we peacefully watched some herons checking out whatever fish they could find.

24 years and counting; where did the time go?
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 09:24 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did several walks last week and I'm getting ready to do one now. I had a headache after coming home from my parent's house, and it lasted all of yesterday. I think it's the stress of seeing them age. It's so hard, as you guys know
Cab, Happy Anniversary!
MathTeacher, I bet it was a great concert!
Elsie, I agree - lots of successful rotations last month!
Helen, are you teaching online? That was so hard for the teachers at my school last year. Stress everywhere

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 12:06 AM  
Helen

Chrys -
So sorry that visiting your parents is tough, but suck up every moment you can.
Yes, online for at least a month. Most kids won't return in person until the 8th of November, but that could change- things change on a weekly basis, so we never know for sure.

Cab -
How lovely to go for a bike ride together for your anniversary.

MathTeacher (so am I!) -
A KISS concert is not my thing, but feeling they were as good as your first time? Amazing!

So....
First day back "at work" yesterday, and just made over 3k steps, due to almost 10hrs of work.
All I did was take Alice out for a walk (dog).

ETA
Can-NOT let work take over!!
With buddy, we made our own mix from Cathe's Greatest Hits using chapters. W/u + Drill Max Cardio 4 + Imax2 Intervals 7-10 + Stretch
With Alice, went for a double C25k run, week 1. Never seem to get past it, but this felt particularly easy, so MAYBE I'm ready to move onto week 2.

ETA Thursday morning
NO, didn't do that Pyramid Bonus couldn't fit it in with buddy jumping on a day she doens't usually & walking Alice - but buddy is definitely out today, shell get it in before needing to do Imax Extreme on the 9th
Weight - halted progress - will have to be a 'tough' day today.
Sigh - back to work and my goals are shot - THIS MUST STOP.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 05:12 PM  
T2B

AnMrsDe - thanks for sharing the Cathe Live info. I looked at the clip last week and noticed that most everyone was smiling during the workout. Glad you enjoyed it and I’m adding it to my “buy” list. I’m hoping Cathe will have a CL sale soon. Also never heard of Cow Face Pose and I have to say every time I think about it, I think of you settling into your pose and then going Moooooooo…. I know, I’m silly!

ASAS - Hope all is well and that your eye infection has cleared.

Cab - nice that you celebrated your anniversary in a fun, active way!

Helen - that’s right, don’t let work take over. Easy to do when you’re super busy at work but way to go in still getting those workouts in!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 07:03 AM  
AnMrsDe

Cab, Sounds like you've been enjoying your anniversary week!

Chrys, oh, don't get me started on the parents topic!

Helen, what T2B said! Hang in there and great job on the workouts!

T2B, You're welcome! I got such a kick out of your "Cow Face Pose" image!! Taken from the internet: "The yoga pose gets its name because the thighs and calves of the person performing it resemble a cow’s face, wide at one end and tapering towards the other." It also stated that it's a good knee/shoulder strengthener. Travis didn't do the same arms as in regular CFP but did side twists instead since it was a twist yoga class. I do like Lying Cow Face Pose the best though. //Rock It Out is my favorite of the Rockin' Body set! I think that's what it's called? It's the one that uses weights. But, cheesy??? Oh my!

Where is ASAS? Hope she's feeling ok.

TGIF!!!!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 08:55 AM  
T2B

AMD - did you check out the most recent Cathe Live clip? Interesting. Thanks for the description of CFP. I can picture it but I probably should google it to be sure. I think I’ve done that pose, badly, I might add. So not flexible. Lol at your comment about Rock It Out. The thing about Rockin’ Body is that it was released after Insanity but they somehow made the workouts look VHS workouts. Maybe they were originally VHS workouts and then re-released on DVD? Glad I waited and got these DVDs for very little money.

I hope your parents are doing good and that the in-home assistance is still working out.

TGIF!!!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 10:45 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
AMD - did you check out the most recent Cathe Live clip? Interesting. Thanks for the description of CFP. I can picture it but I probably should google it to be sure. I think I’ve done that pose, badly, I might add. So not flexible. Lol at your comment about Rock It Out. The thing about Rockin’ Body is that it was released after Insanity but they somehow made the workouts look VHS workouts. Maybe they were originally VHS workouts and then re-released on DVD? Glad I waited and got these DVDs for very little money.

I hope your parents are doing good and that the in-home assistance is still working out.

TGIF!!!
Yes, I did check out Cathe's latest Live - lots of magic exercises rolling that ball up and down your arms and all around! Looks fun - I have only a 4# ball that size -looks like I would need a lighter one?//My parents are doing well with the in-home care but it actually caused a little anxiety for my mom....seeing someone in her kitchen and telling them how to do everything exactly the "right" way. Set in her ways, much?? Her new meds are now helping with that and her mood swings. It does seem now, though, that I'm even busier with them than before. Yes, it does help us in the mornings when they are there, but I've been having to go over more in the afternoons....sigh. Eventually, they will need to go to an assisted living facility, I'm afraid. Thanks for asking!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 04:49 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been able to post these past days. My eye infection is long gone, I finished the antibiotic on Sept. 25th, but before ending the treatment it was already gone, I still did it until the end, to make sure it wouldn't come back. The itchiness is greatly reduced, it is only sporadic now, so I keep using the drops for allergy. Thank you all for asking \\ On a side note, my DP's dad passed away recently, not covid related. We were all surprised since he was doing ok prior to going to the hospital for a broken hip.

Elsie, replying to your last month comment, about Rebound Fitness, some are more challenging than others, yet still doable. I found out they have a YouTube channel, some of the workouts from the DVDs are there, not all, as well as some that are not on DVD so I bookmarked them to give them a try later.

Jane, I got the Rebound Fitness DVDs from Amazon, the first one was only $6, so I got it the get free shipping, and I liked it so much that I got another one $10! They also kindly send me a DVD for free if I'd share my review on Amazon, which I did. You could check their YouTube channel. I am so happy to hear Wesley and his mama are doing great! You are so sweet too cook healthy food for them, God keep blessing you all! What is Hype & Tone?

Chrys, sorry to hear about all the stress you are going through. I hope it is going better by now, also sending a speedy recovery to your mom.

Cab, Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a sweet day together!

T2B, Hi back at you! And you made me lol with your cow face pose comment! Hehehe. Great job with Tap-Less and Step More!

AMD, sending good vibes your way for you and your parents, I hope things get solved for the better.

Waves to all!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 06:22 PM  
Helen

09 Sat
Walk/jog: C25k - Week 1 x2 & just 15min after finishing,....
Buddy: 47min, Cathe - Shock Cardio - Athletic Step
Was supposed to be Imax Extreme (for Chrono Mission), but too much given the above - need to get in today (Sun) LONG BEFORE buddy calls for our evening workout.

ASAS
• Glad your eye infection is done with, and well done for doing the right thing finishing the course of antibiotics - so many stop once the infection is gone.
• Condolences on the passing of your DP's father.

Elsie
I find rebounding workouts really hard! Don't think I have the 'mogul legs' happening properly yet though.

T2B & AMD
Thanks for the support - it's been my mission for several years to work fewer hours, and I'm very close to the number we're actually PAID for.

AMD
So sorry about your parents - can't imagine as DH's & mine all passed suddenly whilst living at home with no care required (for which I'm grateful), but I've seen your situation wear colleagues down. Take all the help you can, whenever offered.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 01:31 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thank you Helen // I hope you'll get to accomplish your mission, working so many hours is tough, and not getting paid for those extra hours is not fun at all. Your buddy workout sounds fun, do you workout together? Or each one do it at their own place and then report back to each other? Just curious!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cow face pose, just the workouts, travis eliot