Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-06-21, 11:42 AM  
DCW

I am sorry for your loss. It's so hard and some days are better and others not.

While some folks are unaware and/or uncaring, know that we care.

May He continue to hold you in the palm of his Hand.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 12:40 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Oh Sherry, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. What a profound loss. And then to have all these people let you down. It's awful. It is truly amazing how tone deaf and self-absorbed people can be. Big hugs to you... you're in my prayers.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 01:08 PM  
katalina

Sherry, I'm so sorry for your loss - and your disappointment. {{hugs}}
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 03:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry,

I'm so sorry that your HS friend and Frank's cousin have let you down. It's very understandable that you would be disappointed right now, but it's also possible they would still come through. It's wise of you not to speak about how you really feel when you're hurt, angry and emotional by their response. I'm sure you want to let them have a piece of your mind.

Many people are selfish and involved in their own lives and it's a shame. And, people are strange and often don't know how to react when someone they know passes away. It's sad they can't be more sympathetic and empathize with your situation. And, to not be there for you (when you expected that they would) is terrible.

It's unfortunate that some just can't be relied upon in these circumstances, even friends and family members. I have had it happen by people who should care about your welfare the most and sometime they can be the worst.

Just know that we are supporting you here at VF and are in your corner, even if we can't be there physically for you! No matter what happens I'm praying that Frank is honored in whatever way you choose, and you can move past those that have rejected you with their uncaring attitudes and selfish acts.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 08:43 PM  
shoegoddess

I'm so sorry. People are so wrapped up in their own lives they fail to think of other people and what they may be going thru. The selfishness of people today is so sad.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 11:44 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Wow, I'm sorry that people are letting you down and being selfish when you least expect them to.

My mom died suddenly 2 years ago. When I posted about it on social media, there was silence. Not one of my "friends" could be bothered to take 10 seconds to type "sorry for your loss." So I posted an old snapshot she took on a nostalgia group, and over a hundred total strangers expressed their condolences.

I try to focus on the people who went out of their way for us. My Japanese cousin happened to be on a business trip to NYC the week after mom died. When he heard about it, he took a couple days off and took a flight just to visit Dad and me. A relative of my husband's who I don't know very well, sent us a card after hearing about it. Little gestures like that help make up for the disappointments.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 01:51 PM  
Scorpio6

My grandmother treated family like friends or distant acquaintances and treated her friends like family. Behavior from ppl like this is probably why. I believe she had the right idea after all.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 01:52 PM  
Leonana

Scorpio, your grandmother was a wise person.
Old 08-08-21, 02:07 PM  
sugar rose

Sherry, I'm so sorry for your loss and for this additional disappointment. It is very upsetting when people let you down, people you were relying on to be there for you. Sending healing good wishes and prayers.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 05:20 PM  
wendug

Sherry- I hate that people you thought were close are disappointing you about Frank's memorial. We never know how other's are going to act and as many others have posted in this thread, this past year has made me realize how selfish people really are! Move forward with Frank's celebration of life event and I think you'll be surprised to find some people will step up way more than you expect. I like to think there are still good people in this world.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, grief