Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-21, 07:27 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Yes they are warm, although the fabric is lightweight. They work for me as I don’t live in a warm climate…..although that’s not the case right now.
Living in Phoenix, I never wear leggings, lol. I always work out in shorts. Although, some people do wear them here in the winter, but I'm a jeans person. I just can't work out in them.
Old 06-28-21, 09:59 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I teach a lot of classes and love Athleta. The leggings come in petite sizes and a variety of fabrics and patterns. They can be pricey but I belong to some Facebook discount groups or shop clearance.

I did get a couple of really nice pair of cotton blend yoga pants from Land's End similar to the Lucy Vital pant (Lucy went out of business ). The price was right and I wear the pants a lot.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-21, 09:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

My 2021 official summer outfit is crazy-patterned capri leggings and long-sleeved SPF (sun-blocking) tops and hoodies.

I'm all set.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-21, 11:12 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
My 2021 official summer outfit is crazy-patterned capri leggings and long-sleeved SPF (sun-blocking) tops and hoodies.

I'm all set.
I wear capris sometimes in the summer, but loose cotton. It's just too hot for me for tight leggings, although I do see some people wearing them.

But kudos for wearing the sun blocking clothing. I should get some loose cotton tops. But I do slather on the sunscreen!
Old 06-29-21, 10:51 PM  
fatkat555

Ok, I’m probably in minority, but I love the Target brand leggings. I’ve tried Lulu (they all slide off!), Fabletics (not bad if it’s cool, but the fabric makes me feel claustrophobic), and I tried Lucy. I used to love Old Navy until they took the cotton out of the material. I’ve had mixed success with the store brand, BCG, from Academy. My Nikes are ok, but I honestly reach most often for my Target leggings. Oh, I have weird sensory issues when it comes to tight clothes. I wanted to be a ballerina until they put me in tights. I remember the day vividly, just yuck.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 04:30 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I went into Kohl's and the Marika brand was nowhere to be found.

I bought a couple of types of Tek Gear capris that felt comfortable. We'll see how I like them as time goes by.

I also bought some "The Gym People" capris on Amazon. I'm so glad that high-waisted leggings are back in style. The low-waisted ones often to fall down on me.
I always see a lot of "Marika" in TJ Maxx as well as Marshall's.
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Ok, I’m probably in minority, but I love the Target brand leggings. I’ve tried Lulu (they all slide off!), Fabletics (not bad if it’s cool, but the fabric makes me feel claustrophobic), and I tried Lucy. I used to love Old Navy until they took the cotton out of the material. I’ve had mixed success with the store brand, BCG, from Academy. My Nikes are ok, but I honestly reach most often for my Target leggings. Oh, I have weird sensory issues when it comes to tight clothes. I wanted to be a ballerina until they put me in tights. I remember the day vividly, just yuck.
Does the Target brand have a specific name or is it just Target? I also like a little cotton in my leggings.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 07:50 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Does the Target brand have a specific name or is it just Target? I also like a little cotton in my leggings.
I believe it’s called “All in Motion”. Not all in the brand line have the same fabric and some are softer than others. I still don’t think these have cotton blend, but they’re somehow bearable compared to other leggings (I’m in South Louisiana heat kinda hot).

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 08:09 PM  
wendug

I forgot to mention for those of you looking for COTTON leggings/yoga pants, Amazon sells a brand called Baleaf. I have a pair of their yoga pants which are quite nice. And, they offer short/regular/long lengths!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ref_=pd_gw_unk

They sell lots of activewear from leggings/capris/shorts/tanks/etc. Reviews on Amazon said to size up, which I did and they fit great!
Old 07-01-21, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I believe it’s called “All in Motion”. Not all in the brand line have the same fabric and some are softer than others. I still don’t think these have cotton blend, but they’re somehow bearable compared to other leggings (I’m in South Louisiana heat kinda hot).
Thank you. Definitely worth looking into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I forgot to mention for those of you looking for COTTON leggings/yoga pants, Amazon sells a brand called Baleaf. I have a pair of their yoga pants which are quite nice. And, they offer short/regular/long lengths!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ref_=pd_gw_unk

They sell lots of activewear from leggings/capris/shorts/tanks/etc. Reviews on Amazon said to size up, which I did and they fit great!
Thank you! These look great. Will check it out.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capris, leggings, pants, yoga pants