Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-21, 04:58 PM  
dbclark44

TM 32 min/1.51 miles; Cathe Perfect30 Mobility Basics

I have really enjoyed exploring Cathe's Perfect 30 series this month in her rotation. Mobility Basics is super ideal for us as we age. It's more like a functional movement class. It stretches you out and challenges you real good. Cathe says to try and do some sort of mobility movements a minimum of once a week. I found this series to be quite enjoyable.

Yesterday it was raining cats and dogs when I got up, so I decided not to go out in it to bowl. I post bowled today. Had my friend Brenda come out for some practice and bowl with me. I detest driving in the rain. I want the perfect driving weather when I venture out - dry roads and daylight. So nice to be retired and not have to go out in inclement weather if I don't want to.

Today is taco Tuesday for us. So let me sign off and get to cooking.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 06:02 PM  
Sissy B

Today is DD's birthday so I'm up at the condo with her. I came up with the dogs on Friday and we'll go home in the morning.

I have taken the tree at home down and boxed up the ornaments but I want to go through them and organize them a little better before we put them back up in the attic. I'm hoping to get that done next week.

I also want to make an effort to start working out again. My steps are pathetic. Since I'm really not making any effort to get my steps in, I normally range somewhere between 4000-6000 right now. Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on what I'm doing that day. Being at the condo it has been a lot less the last couple of days.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 06:26 PM  
dbclark44

Treadmill 66 min/3.08 miles

I haven't done anything else yet today and it's getting late now. I have a Zoom meeting at 6:30 so don't have much time.

Sissy, my steps are pathetic too since I no longer aim for 10K a day. So you are not alone.

I didn't know DD was a January baby. My son is Jn 3rd, DIL Jan 4th, Mine is Jan 13th. Lot of Jan babies.

I discovered MadFit on youtube today. Actually GMA3 did a special on the demise of gyms due to the virus and they covered a couple of free youtube subscriptions. She has some 20 minute ones that'd work great. Toning and cardio. There is so much free stuff out there on youtube.

Old 01-31-21, 05:14 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Hello ladies, I need to get in the habit of checking in daily. The problem is that when I come to VF I feel compelled to click on "new posts" and read thru the new posts since my last visit. I have a FOMO if I don't do that. And then if I don't come here daily, the backlog of unread posts accumulates, so I don't check in, thus compounding the issue! Of course, it is all in my own head!

Anyway, I've been walking some.........many days on the treadmill (like right now) since our weather has been freezing. I've also been doing workouts from YouTube, Cathe Live and Get Healthy U.

My husband may get his vaccine this week. In Illinois, 65 and over are in class 1B (among school teachers, front line workers, etc). Jack is 70. He called and confirmed he is on the health department's list and they are holding a vaccination clinic in our town this week. I'm in class 1C for vaccinations. I'm sure it will be another month or two for me.
Old 02-01-21, 03:19 PM  
dbclark44

That's good Leslie, Hubby will be getting vaccinated soon. We don't have a clinic in the area yet. I'm sure it'll get here. County next to ours started a mass site this morning.

Well, yesterday, I did my Grow Young Fitness morning and night bed stretches. I did them in the morning back to back. I wanted to see how different the night time one is from the morning. Similar moves, some not. Overall, I can get in a great 30+ minute stretch doing them back to back.

Started to do them this morning but my internet was acting up causing the video stream to freeze. After 3X of restarting it, I gave it up. I need to memorize the moves so I can do them on my own.

Haven't done anything yet today, this first day of Feb. Bowled this morning. We did well and are maintaining our first place position. Have a great afternoon Ladies.

Old 02-01-21, 10:48 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a treadmill walk tonight. Hooray! Last week was both physically and emotionally draining. Our kids are still having a tough time at school after the loss of their friend.
I was able to get my first vaccine on Saturday.
Deb, good job with the workouts and bowling.
Leslie, good job with your walking and workouts! I hope your DH can get the vaccine.
Hi, Sissy!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 01:38 PM  
Sissy B

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Just popping in to say “Hi!” My steps are still pathetic and other than doing a few kettlebell swings here and there and taking a minute to practice drills on my rower, I’m still not working out either.

DH & I were supposed to go up to the condo this weekend so he could do a minor repair but postponed our trip due to weather. DD’s classes tomorrow have already been canceled. It’s not going to get as cold here and we are south of the part of the state that’s under a Winter Storm Warning. We’ve had a fire going here in the fireplace this weekend and he’s going to grill steaks for lunch in a little while.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 12:11 PM  
dbclark44

Hello Ladies.

I haven't worked out in over a week. I have a couple of ailments nagging me. Finally made an appointment with my PC today for some itchy areas popping up on my torso and back.

My left leg and hand are having numbness and tingling so he put in a referral for me to see a neurologist. I think this is an issue that's been dormant for a while, but with my lack of exercise and overall movement it's coming back. Haven't seen the neurologist in years though. Been handling it on my own and will continue to do so if he even mentions injections. I have no interest in getting spinal injections again.

It's very pretty and sunny today albeit cold at 18 degrees. I'm gonna do a couple of chair workouts upstairs while admiring the outside view. Have a great day ladies.

Old 02-19-21, 04:50 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Steps week of Jan. 31-Feb 6: 38,632
Feb 7-Feb 13:47,984

This week I'm averaging about 5,000 steps a day, mostly on the treadmill because we have been snowed in (11") and the temps have been terrible. It is supposed to get above freezing this weekend!

I've also been doing Get Healthy U 10 minute strength workouts.

We haven't gone anywhere in a week and are eating out of the pantry and freezer. Michael dug out our long drive so he can go get Mexican food. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and 2 grocery pickups scheduled--1 at Kroger (out of town where the doctor is located) and 1 at Walmart (local). Kroger has vegan supplies that Walmart does not.
Old 02-19-21, 06:12 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Deb, I had to break out my seborrheic dermatitis creams recently. My face was itching and stinging. I hope you get relief soon. Yikes! numbness! Good thing you are getting it checked out.

Leslie

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers