Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-20, 08:06 AM  
Cher

New Fitbit - Question

I got a Fitbit Inspire 2 for Christmas. I’ve never had a wrist Fitbit before. My current Fitbit that I’ve had for years is a Fitbit One that I clip on the waist of my pants. After wearing both for half the day yesterday, the new Fitbit Inspire 2 counted a lot less steps than my Fitbit One....like around 800 and that was only for half the day that I wore them both. I always thought these wrist ones tracked more (which I don’t want it to do either). Anyone ever have this problem with your Fitbit? Any suggestions to get it more accurate.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 09:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, my Charge 2 was quite often around 1000 lower than my pedometer. I never figured out a way to make it more accurate. My Charge 4 is generally either close to my pedometer or higher, but it's very dependent on what I do during the day. I usually take it off and put my Flex in my pockets when I shop pushing a cart, when I am rolling out a bunch of cookies or lefse and sometimes if I'm folding a lot of laundry or cleaning. I can't give up my pedometer bc I know it's the most accurate step count, but at the same time my dad points out that upper body stuff is still activity even if it isn't steps. I try to focus on that since the variances drive me crazy if I let them (you know me )!

Anyway, my advice is give it a couple days of normal activity and see if it doesn't get better. There are times mine may have a fair difference during the morning and by day's end they are closer.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 01:21 PM  
Cher

Thanks Vannie. I値l give it a few days a see how it goes. I知 like you with the difference will drive me crazy. I like your dad痴 thinking.
Old 12-27-20, 01:58 PM  
LAC

I have the Inspire HR and when I first got it, it over counted my steps, so I changed some of the settings in my Dashboard. Below are a couple of things you might want to check (click on the little "cog" icon for settings to get to the screen where you can make adjustments):

Main Goal can be set at steps, distance, calories burned or active minutes. Make sure it is on steps.

Wrist, choose dominant or non-dominant - I had to change mine to non-dominant to make it stop over counting; you might want to put it on dominant if it is undercounting.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 03:29 PM  
antbuko

I have an Inspire and I bought a clip for it to wear on my wasteband, so that's an option for you. You can get them cheap on Amazon.
Old 12-27-20, 06:23 PM  
rhbrand

If I know I'm doing something that will keep my arm still, like pushing my granddaughter in the stroller, I put mine in an ankle band.
Old 12-27-20, 08:41 PM  
Cher

Thanks - all good ideas. I will look into them.
Old 01-04-21, 07:27 PM  
acey

Hi Cher - glad I searched this forum before starting a new post which is pretty much identical to yours. I got a Fitbit Sense watch for Christmas. It seems like no matter what cardio workout I do, it always clocks in at about 2.5 miles. I just did Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio. 2.5 miles. The other day I did 4 miles of Leslie - about 2.75 miles according to the Fitbit. Huh?

And yet, I saw on my butt all day working, and it said I had done a half mile.

I wonder, does it count actual steps, but not so much of other moves like knee raises, kicks and punches, etc.?
Old 01-05-21, 07:50 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Hi Cher - glad I searched this forum before starting a new post which is pretty much identical to yours. I got a Fitbit Sense watch for Christmas. It seems like no matter what cardio workout I do, it always clocks in at about 2.5 miles. I just did Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio. 2.5 miles. The other day I did 4 miles of Leslie - about 2.75 miles according to the Fitbit. Huh?

And yet, I saw on my butt all day working, and it said I had done a half mile.

I wonder, does it count actual steps, but not so much of other moves like knee raises, kicks and punches, etc.?
I知 not really sure about mine yet. It seems to have gotten a little better matching my steps (I知 still wear my old Fitbit One clipped on my pants and the my new Inspire 2 on my wrist). My workouts lose a lot steps on the wrist one though. Ugh, some features I like but I知 not totally happy with it at all.
Old 01-05-21, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I recommend reaching out for a customer service chat and/or checking the forums at fitbit.com for some responses about that.

I have a friend whose new Inspire logged that she burned 700 calories on a day she did not wear it!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit bit, fitbit, fitbit inspire, step count