Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-21-20, 02:17 PM  
Sissy B

I've tried to sync my Fitbit several times today, but it keeps saying "No Device Found". It synced fine yesterday morning. I guess I'm going to let the battery die on this One and remove it from my account, charge up one of the replacements and then try to add it my account and see if that will work.

Other than that today I have loaded the dishwasher, decorated the fireplace mantel & hearth for Halloween, and bathed the dogs. I'm also going to wash their dog bed covers and change the sheets on my bed.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 10:33 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Last night I walked 2 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights while I listened to the debate. Tonight I did a 3 mile dance walk while I nervously watched the scores from our fb game against one of our cross town rivals. After yet another stress filled week at work, I'm hoping to get out and plant bulbs tomorrow. Sunday's high is supposed to be 31 and we will have single digit temps Sunday night! Ick!
Sissy, my fb does that sometimes, and usually re-starting my phone fixes it.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 10:35 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. No bulb planting because it's COLD and rainy today. It's supposed to be warmer next Saturday. I've gotten lots of steps in by doing laundry, house cleaning, and chasing Jethro around. Tonight I'm going to do a Firm Zip Trainer workout. I've got cysts again (had an extra mammo/ultrasound appt. a couple of weeks ago) and they hurt! That hasn't happened before. I remember my mom sitting with a heating pad on her chest, and now I know why. I got the Cathe Perfect 30s on VF Roost, for less than Cathe's price. Hooray!
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 10:59 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 10/20 - 704 steps/0.3 miles - synced after I took the dogs out in the morning, after that the rest of my steps for the day weren't recorded
Wednesday, 10/21 - no steps recorded, app kept saying "No Device Found"
Thursday, 10/22 - 4805 steps/2.03 miles
Friday, 10/23 - 8691 steps/3.68 miles
Saturday, 10/24 - 7199 steps/3.05 miles
Sunday, 10/25 - 4231 steps/1.79 miles

After I kept getting the "No Device Found" notification, I removed the Fitbit app from my phone and reinstalled it but that didn’t work. I removed this One and tried once again to add another new One. Just like before, it went through all the steps to add it to the account, but then it would not work at all. This is the 2nd time I have tried to do this. I ended up putting my original One back on my account and it did sync, but I lost all the steps for the 2 days since it was last synced on Tuesday morning. Honestly, I’m about ready to break up with Fitbit. I just want a simple clip-on tracker to keep up my steps and mileage. I would like to be able to sync it and keep all my data in one place, but I don’t want all the extras they keep adding to their trackers and I know I’m not their only customer that feels this way. I think that when this tracker dies for good I’m done with Fitbit.

Chrys - They've already discontinued the basic Inspire and I don't want all the bells and whistles of the Inspire 2. Sorry about the painful cysts. I hope you can get some relief.

DD came home Thursday afternoon and we all went out for pizza once DH got home. Friday she and I did some shopping - Target, Kohl's, Ulta - and had lunch at Carrabba's before picking up some hamburgers for DH to grill for supper. Saturday morning we watched the Auburn game and then went to the Trail of Terror Saturday night. Sunday morning we watched Scooby Doo and the Goblin King before she left to go back to school.

We're watching another tropical storm/hurricane that's going to be in the gulf tomorrow morning - it's currently in the Caribbean, off the Yucatan. I am SO over this!

Other than that I'm trying to get some things done around the house. I need to go to the grocery store, but I have no idea what I want to cook.
Old 10-27-20, 02:39 PM  
dbclark44

Hi Ladies! Oh my, it has been a minute since I've checked in and my workouts are the worse for it this month. For some reason even with COVID I've gotten a little busy. I bowl Mon and Fri mornings, bible study Thur morning, and a Zoom bible study Tue nights. And I've been trying to make it to the pool at the Y 2-3 times a week. That's been a challenge. And all this in the midst of another shutdown in our region. I had a VA appt scheduled tomorrow that is now being done virtual. DH and I haven't been eating out so the restaurant restrictions won't bother us. I do however feel bad for the business owners and will get some take out to help out as much as I can. Too chilly to eat outside.

Cathe just released her new series Perfect30 to OnDemand and I've been trying them out the past couple days. Yesterday I did Perfect30 Mobility Basics and today I did Perfect30 Upper Body; Perfect30 9 Min Core Bonus; TM 45 min/2.10 miles; Slim & Limber. The upper body one is challenging! And its nice the basic workouts are all 32 min or less hence the title Perfect30. Seems she took a chapter from that 30MTF lady who's name I can't recall at the moment.

Leslie, that's nice to have some family around for a while and you are definitely helping them out. So kudos to you and hubby for that. I don't know when we'll get together. I have a toe that hurts me and feels like a protruding bone on the toe next to the big toe. I walked on the tm and it didn't bother me but sometimes it does and it may just be my shoes because I wear different ones on the tm at home.

Sissy, I'm sorry you're having issues with your tracker. I gave up on them after the Zips phased out and you can still find them but its getting harder to do so. The only thing I use now is a clip on that tracks my steps and miles up to the past 30 days. No syning required as it doesn't work electronically with anything. And that's all I wanted. I got tired of the Zip dropping off toward the end there. Praying for your family's safety during this latest storm. It has been a heck of a hurricane season this year. As though we don't have enough to deal with already this year.

Chrys, sorry to hear about the cysts. I pray you get relief from the discomfort soon.

I finally had to kick on the heat here in southern IL. It got down to 67 and I normally keep winter temps between 68-70. So it;s set at 68 right now and I'm about to take a nice hot shower and get ready for my Zoom class later.

No offense on my lack of contact ladies. Just been taking time out of social media/forums this month. I am not gonna best last month's total days worked out. I'm only at 12 days right now. Better than no days as they have been some pretty decent and challenging workouts.

Have a great evening ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 04:21 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did some free style weights. Today was a YouTube workout--Naomi Joy 20 minute Full Body Resistance Band, plus time on the treadmill.

This morning I paid bills and threw out my old sourdough starter. I'm making another starter.

My best friend's 80 yo mother has Covid! She elderly-sits for a 96 and 98 yo married couple (wife has Alheimers, husband is good for 98). My friend's mom has been very careful, but one of the other caregivers or a family member have exposed them all to Covid and they all have it! She's doing ok-ish. Not feeling good at all, but no temp. It's everywhere!

So much decluttering still to do. Michael and Haley are all moved in.

It's cold and grey here. It's been raining off and on all day.

Steps for past week or so:

Workouts:

Naomi Joy Rebounder Workout with Weights
Firm BodySculpt Blaster
Free style weights
Naomi Joy 20 minute full body resistance band
Old 10-28-20, 10:34 AM  
Sissy B

Thank you, Deb. I am so over this year and I am definitely over hurricane season. Unfortunately, hurricane season is not over for another few weeks.

DH & I have spent the morning putting up our patio furniture, etc., and getting ready for Hurricane Zeta. Now we just wait for the storm to come through. It's supposed to hit New Orleans, but we are still under a Hurricane Warning and will probably get tropical storm force winds here.

I'm going to have more steps today than my Fitbit shows because I forgot it was on the charger when got dressed this morning and made a couple of trips out to the shed before I realized that and went back in the house and put it on.

Our house is very well insulated so I don't turn the heat on until it really gets cold, usually when the temperatures get close to freezing. We've been in the 80s but are temperatures are supposed to go into highs in the 60s/70s for the next few days once this storm goes through.
Old 10-28-20, 01:55 PM  
dbclark44

Leslie, so sorry about your friend's mother. I'm praying she's gonna be okay.

I went to the Y and got into the pool at 7 this morning. Had a great 45 min workout. From there I swung by my old job to drop off some donuts and say hi. Most of them work from home so there were only 3 people there. Went to Sam's Club from there and got some essentials I was running low on. I am planning to go down and do some more Perfect30 with Cathe today. She has a low impact HiiT I want to try.

Sissy, stay safe.

Happy Wednesday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 08:15 PM  
Sissy B

We’re okay. We lost power about 8:20 last night. We're on a well so unfortunately when we lose power we lose water too. It was eerie as the winds were gusting outside. Besides the noise of the wind, it sounded like the house was going snap, crackle, pop at times. Somewhere around 2 a.m. our house alarm started beeping due to a low battery. I already wasn't sleeping well last night - aside from the noise of the storm, it was too hot and too dark since we have hurricane shutters, and too quiet after the storm had passed through - but that definitely didn't help and I had trouble going back to sleep.

We do have a generator so DH hooked that up to run the refrigerator and freezer this morning. We did have minor roof damage in a couple of places - DH made emergency repairs this morning and we’ve already contacted a roofer. We also picked up pieces of shingles and small tree limbs from the yard. Several houses in the neighborhood have roof damage in varying degrees and several trees and fences are down around the neighborhood. The power came back on this afternoon.

The weather is really nice now after the storm, it's finally cooling off and it wasn't humid today, so DH & I walked around the neighborhood this afternoon to see the extent of the damage around here.

It has been a long couple of days though and I am exhausted.
Old 10-29-20, 08:40 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 10/26 - 7391 steps/3.13 miles
Tuesday, 10/27 - 4916 steps/2.08 miles
Wednesday, 10/28 - 5814 steps/2.46 miles - This should actually be higher, but I forget to put my Fitbit on yesterday morning

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers