Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-05-20, 06:40 PM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 10/1 - 10,034 steps/4.25 miles
Friday, 10/2 - 7852 steps/3.32 miles
Saturday, 10/3 - 3527 steps/1.49 miles
Sunday, 10/4 - 1706 steps/0.72 miles

I'm not sure if my Fitbit is calculating/recording my steps accurately right now, it may be time to pull out one of my back ups and sync a new One to my account. I think it has recorded steps while I have been driving - I went up to the condo on the 1st and drove back today - when there's no way I could have been walking, and it definitely under recorded my steps yesterday. We didn't just sit around the condo, we went to lunch and ran a few errands. It is several years old at this point but up until now I hadn't noticed any problems with it.

There's another storm headed to the Gulf Coast so I may be going back up to the condo in a couple of days with the dogs. I am over hurricane season.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 02:43 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 10/5 - 6762 steps/2.86 miles

For the most part, I had a great time at the condo with DD this weekend. We went to the UnWine Downtown shopping event on Friday, which was a lot of fun. Before that she got her earlobes pierced a 2nd time and got a Helix piercing Friday afternoon. Since I already have each ear pierced 3 times, I just got the Helix piercing. She and her friend/former roommate went to the game Saturday night. I ended up having to go pick them up, DD's car wouldn't start. One of our neighbors and her husband went and jumped the battery and brought it back to the condo Sunday morning. We left it running while we finished the virtual HOA meeting and then went and got a new battery. I drove home yesterday after DD and I had lunch.

Since she is majoring in Agricultural Science DD has been asked to head up a Beautification/Landscaping subcommittee by the president of the HOA.

I've been to Target today to get a few things we needed, including a set of 8# dumbbells to take up to the condo, and now I'm washing clothes and getting a few things done around the house. It looks like I'll probably be going back to condo with the dogs in a day or 2 since we have another major hurricane coming into the gulf. DH has said that he may even come up depending on what happens with work.
Old 10-11-20, 03:05 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Not much done workout wise this week. We did a dog walk this morning. The wildfire smoke came back, so I spent most of the week with a terrible headache. Work is still stressful - we have to give all the seniors the SAT test (they need it for graduation) on the same day that we give the PSAT to juniors/sophomores. Planning all of that is a nightmare!
Sissy, I'm glad you were there to help with the car.
I'm using my last backup fitbit, so I need to get a new one.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 10:33 AM  
Sissy B

I did not end up having to evacuate after all, the storm ended up making landfall far enough to the west of us that all we got was rain and some wind gusts.

Still not sure my Fitbit is accurately recording my steps. I took it off my account Sunday and tried to link one of my backup Ones but when I put it on it wouldn't work at all. Totally black screen. I ended up taking that one off my account and going back to one I had been using. I don't know what I'm going to do when I don't have access to a Zip or a One. I am not interested in the trackers they have available now. I don't need all the bells and whistles, I just want a simple clip-on tracker that counts my steps and mileage and syncs this information to my computer/phone.

I had a horrible headache yesterday. I ended up watching A Most Beautiful Thing on Peacock. It's a documentary about the first all black rowing team in Chicago. I read the book this summer. They were both really good.

I still can't seem to get motivated to work out right now.

Jeannine - I don't track my sleep, but I've never slept well. Even when I take Melatonin I only get about 3-4 hours of good sleep at the most. When I don't take it, I toss and turn most of the night.

Chrys - Why were they both scheduled on the same day? That is a nightmare.

Hi, Deb & Leslie!
Old 10-13-20, 10:37 AM  
DCW

I have a Fitbit Blaze does it track calories burned well or is it more if a guesstimate?

Thanks!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 06:04 PM  
Sissy B

DCW - I'm not familiar with the Blaze but since Fitbit estimates calories based on height, weight, age and recorded steps/activity it might be pretty accurate but I don't know that for sure.
Old 10-15-20, 10:08 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a treadmill walk tonight. Testing yesterday was doubly exhausting, because there were 2 tests. It's the only time this has ever happened - the SAT was cancelled in the Spring, and the (now) Seniors need it for graduation. I hope we never have to do PSAT and SAT on the same day again - it's too much!
Sissy, I'm going to try the Inspire and buy a clip for it on Amazon. Hopefully it's kind of like having a One that way.
Chrys Dayley
Old 10-18-20, 05:51 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

My steps for the past 8 days. Workouts were:

JS Thin in 10 Total Body Band

Naomi Joy Rebounder Workout with Weights

I haven't check in at VF in forever.

I have the Fitbit Inspire HR. I put it in the clip during the day and in the wristband at night to record sleep. My average sleep is around 6.5 hours a night (according to the weekly average Fitbit provides me), but I rarely hit that number on the nose. For example, last week I ranged between 4hrs 57 minutes and 7hrs 50 minutes.

Deb, I checked and I do have your number. This week I may be tied up in organizing a few bedrooms so my youngest and his fiance (they got formally engaged a few weeks ago) can move in. They are subletting their apartment in Urbana and moving back home with family since everything is shut down at the University of Illinois and she graduates in December. Her classes are all online, as is his work. Let's keep our eye on the weather and maybe we can work out something week after this. I have cold weather gear, so temps won't bother me if it gets cold.

We're starting to look for a small camper van--one that will fit in a regular parking spot. Our tent camper isn't much work, but we aren't getting any younger. When my van dies (it has 25X,XXX miles), we have to invest a certain amount in a vehicle that can pull the camper, so why not invest in a small camper van?
Old 10-19-20, 09:57 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've walked 3 miles the last 3 days - twice at my parent's house and once at home on the treadmill. It was nice to see them after several months.

Leslie, I hope you and Deb can get together. It's awesome that you live close enough to do that.

Chrys Dayley
Old 10-20-20, 11:35 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 10/6 - 10,472 steps/4.43 miles
Wednesday, 10/7 - 4703 steps/1.99 miles
Thursday, 10/8 - 4289 steps/1.81 miles
Friday, 10/9 - 3909 steps/1.65 miles
Saturday, 10/10 - 10,334 steps/4.37 miles
Sunday, 10/11 - 2751 steps/1.16 miles
Monday, 10/12 - 4831 steps/2.04 miles
Tuesday, 10/13 - 4546 steps/1.92 miles
Wednesday, 10/14 - 3895 steps/1.65 miles
Thursday, 10/15 - 8916 steps/3.77 miles
Friday, 10/16 - 5881 steps/2.49 miles
Saturday, 10/17 - 5929 steps/2.51 miles
Sunday, 10/18 - 3852 steps/1.63 miles
Monday, 10/19 - 3888 steps/1.65 miles

Leslie
- As you can see, I haven't really checked in in a while either. I hope you and Deb can get together soon.

Chrys - I'm glad you got a chance to go and see your parents. It's been over a year since I have seen my dad and stepmom. We would normally get together for Thanksgiving, but I don't think that's going to happen this year thanks to Covid-19.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers