Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-20, 09:05 AM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *October* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the October 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 12:02 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Tuesday we did a dog walk and yesterday I did a short walk. I hauled a bunch of test boxes around at work, so thatvwas my workout. I'm on the way to the airport to go see the grandgirlies .
Thanks for the new thread, Sissy!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 02:17 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

FWIW, the Fitbit Inspire doesn't record sleep at night if it is only clipped to your PJs. I didn't think it would and experimented Wednesday night. Normally I switch the Inspire to the wristband at night and put it in my bra clip in the morning.

This morning I walked with my walking group. Now I'm off to the shower and will try to lift a few weights (something every day is my October goal).

My other October goal (beyond generally getting my life together, lol) is to walk 10,000 steps at least 5 days a week! I'm over 10,000 steps today already.

Have fun, Chrys!
Old 10-04-20, 10:02 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

ok, I've done pretty well hitting my goals the past few days. Ate in moderation. Steps were 13,515, 8,597, and 12,869. My weight is unchanged. 😐

Workouts (besides walking): Firm Tough Aerobic Mix (high impact parts on rebounder).

I got in bed a little earlier too!

I have so much organizing to do. We are taking our little tent camper out for a few days later this week and will be gone for a few nights to visit Jack's family and some friends. We haven't used the tent camper in a few years. I have a whole tub of travel supplies I need to sort through and organize. We won't be traveling abroad for a few years I'm sure---no need for packets of electrolyte powders, extra antibiotics and OTC meds, etc---I'll print out my lists and check my inventory for expiration dates. We do little cooking when camping, which makes it easier. Cereal, sandwiches and one meal out a day.
Old 10-04-20, 01:13 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	project_20201004_1312290-01.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	4708  
Old 10-04-20, 01:42 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

deleted
Old 10-04-20, 03:09 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I'm just experimenting with different ways of getting check-in information off my excel spreadsheet.

Steps this past week:

Workouts:

Firm Tough Aerobic Mix 1st half

Firm Tough Aerobic Mix 2nd half

Fitbit Inspire HR sleep times and scores:

7:09 73
4:54 66
7:11 82
5:16
5:59 75
8:27 87
6:40 81

I'm just experimenting with different ways of getting check-in information off my excel spreadsheet.
Old 10-05-20, 10:10 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm at the Chicago Airport, on my way home. I'm doing my airport laps today.
Leslie, I'm going to start looking at the inspire. I don't track my sleep, because I figure I know if I don't sleep lol
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 05:48 PM  
dbclark44

Hi ladies. No workout of any sort for me yet this month. On a positive note, I did have 20 workout days last month. I better get moving if I want to match or beat it.

Leslie, I would love to meet you at the dam some day. Looks like this week is out, you're going to see Jack the end of the week. Hit me up when you get back. Do you still have my cell #?

I also like your goals. I need to do something to get me moving this month.

Sissy, thanks for starting us off month after month. I appreciate you.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 06:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

does anyone average less than 7 hours a night?

i sleep 6 hours a night. i feel OK.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers