Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-19, 01:42 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Thanks, Annie! I actually only have the second round of the book. I'm just about to start it -- we'll see if it's illuminating for me. I like what you said about correcting imbalances. Since I spent a few months in physical therapy this year fixing a few different areas on my body -- it was like peeling an onion -- once one area was fixed, I found a new problem to work on. Theoretically I know what to do now, but I think this could potentially help really cement it for me. Thanks!
It sounds perfect for you!
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 02:26 PM  
Lannette

Congratulations Annie! That’s amazing.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 08:48 PM  
OSusanna

Thank you Annie for opening up this discussion. It’s timely for me at the moment to do essentrics and I should reread miranda’s Books. I’ve learned that form is critical but I haven’t spent nearly as much time on essentrics form as I have T-Tapp.

Thanks also to Izzy for commenting on frequency and Demeris for T-tapp wisdom. It helps me a lot to hear what you’re doing.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 07:41 AM  
Demeris

I want to add a couple of more thoughts that came to me the past few days about the differences/similarities between T-Tapp and Classical Stretch/Essentrics:

I believe both of them activate the lymph system, but I can feel my lymph moving when I do T-Tapp. There's something about each of her moves, done in good form, that forces the lymph to course through my system.

I believe both of them can help build muscle, but there's something about the isometric contractions and the careful, controlled movements in T-Tapp that seems more efficient for muscle building and maintaining muscle.

Both of them rehab my back, but only T-Tapp can rehab my knees.

I'm deeply grateful I knew T-Tapp before I discovered Classical Stretch because T-Tapp has taught me everything I know about good form and good posture, which I apply to CS and to every other workout I do, including housework, gardening or walking my dog.

I feel stronger after I do a T-Tapp workout. I move more freely after I do a CS/Essentrics workout.

I stand taller after I do either workout.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 09:51 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Demeris, thanks for the contrast/comparison of T-Tapp and CS -- I found it interesting and informative.
Old 09-29-19, 03:50 PM  
anetta

NOt to sound like a broken record, but I too didn't "get" CS a few years ago-now I do won every morning or my day does not go right.

Can't imagine not doing a workout everyday.

Using stream, but have PBS episodes on dvr and dvds for backup when streaming is funky.

Anita

Will need to get book from the library.
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 04:08 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I also don't quite understand the whole CS/ES philosophy. I used to like some of the workouts but haven't gotten into them recently. I just reserved the book at the library. Maybe reading the book will get me interested in doing the workouts again. The most recent ones I have are the body sculpting and body toning ones.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 07:06 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Annie, thank you for relating your story with us! Love to hear of people getting such good results with either Classical Stretch/Essentrics or T-Tapp. I'm so grateful for the work of Miranda, Teresa, and also Callan. And for VF!

Tags
aging backwards, classical stretch, classical stretch results, t tapp, t-tapp, t-tapp results, ttapp