Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-18, 11:54 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Are the Costco ones very low-waisted? I hate leggings that are too low!
No not at all. Quite high waisted actually.

They are not very forgiving though, as they are more cottony then they are compression type. I really only wear them around the house and with a longer top. But they are super comfy.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 12:13 PM  
marki64

Like Joni & Summer Breeze, Tek Gear, Fila, 90 Degrees. I recently went to TJ Maxx and got a brand called Yogalicious. Never heard of it, but they are wonderful. So soft and comfy and higher waisted (which I like too). I went back to get another pair and they were cleaned out. I must have gone right after they received their shipment.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 12:14 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm loving my OriActive leggings (that's Mary-of-TotalfitnessDVDs). They're thick and very stretchy, and some have mesh inserts so they're not hot. You can use the 10off code at OriActive too.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 02:51 PM  
Jeanne Marie

My favorite brand(s) are 90 Degree by Reflex and Balance (Marika).

The 90 Degree brand has lots of really cute, well made leggings and capris. I find all of mine at Marshall's or TJMaxx, but you can also find them at SierraTradingPost.com. I have never paid more than $19.99 for a pair at Marshall's or TJMaxx.

Also, the 90 Degree leggings are high waisted. I can't stand lower waist lines because I spend my entire workout hiking up my pants because they are falling off my hips!
Old 04-13-18, 03:07 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

There's a company here in AZ that has some good stuff at decent prices. I have a couple of pairs of capris. The nylon/spandex are more cottony and polyester/spandex are more silky smooth.

The brand is Senita Athletics. They have a lot of higher-waisted bottoms.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 06:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Seems like the style has shifted back to higher waists again --- thank goodness!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-18, 10:19 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
No not at all. Quite high waisted actually.

They are not very forgiving though, as they are more cottony then they are compression type. I really only wear them around the house and with a longer top. But they are super comfy.
Thanks very much for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Seems like the style has shifted back to higher waists again --- thank goodness!!
Yes!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-18, 11:07 AM  
Orlita

I have an embarrassing number of leggings, considering that I don't wear them daily (but I do work out in them a few times a week).

The brands I wear the most are Werkshop (made in US), Yoga Democracy (made in US), Lululemon, Niyama Sport, Niyama Sol and Beyond Yoga. I also have some Teeki, Onzie, Athleta, 90 Degree, Kyodan, Lucy, Splits59, Alo, Zobha. 90 Degree and Kyodan are the least expensive and you can find them at TJ Maxx or Marshall's (which also sometimes have Teeki, Athleta and other brands).

The Niyama Sol and Teeki, as well as the Lululemon prints in the "nulux" fabric, I can only wear to hot yoga, since otherwise they slide down and I am forever pulling them up. In sweaty hot yoga, they stick and stay up.

Werkshop are the most compressive (and the original art prints are gorgeous). But they are not as high waist as the high waist options offered by other brands (though they do have a new athleisure line that are high waisted). I prefer regular waist myself, so these are perfect for me.

Yoga Democracy are high waisted -- even a bit too high for my short-waisted body. And Niyama Sol are high waisted. Niyama Sport has a grippy liner in the waist so they don't fall down.

I could go on and on about all my favorites, and I'm happy to answer questions about my experience with the brands above. But if you want to get feedback on particular brands, or recommendations, and you're on Facebook, check out the group Locoforleggings, which is focused on fitness leggings. I hope it's OK to mention the group here.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-18, 01:42 PM  
laurajhawk

Teeki leggings are my second favorite after OriActive. I haven't had any problem with them slipping, and they're good for any temperature (for me).

I am quite short-waisted and can't really wear high-waisted leggings. I have two pair of Lularoe leggings (for daily wear, not fitness) which I would like except for the high waist.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-18, 06:06 PM  
cherimac

90 Degree by Reflex.

Tags
leggings