Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-18, 06:14 AM  
rheash92

Fitness and Casual leggings

I have tried so many leggings recently and just don’t like the material it is so thin. Where are you guys getting fitness and casual leggings from? Has anyone tried the gym shark brand? I keep seeing it mentioned in several YouTube videos. Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 07:22 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Most of mine are Tek Gear or Fila from Kohls.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 07:26 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I've been bummed that Lucy closed. I preferred those. I like to shop Athleta clearance or Gapfit (since it is owned by Athleta). I need short leggings since I'm only 5'2".

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I like Old Navy leggings and 90 Degrees brand.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 08:55 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I've been bummed that Lucy closed. I preferred those. I like to shop Athleta clearance or Gapfit (since it is owned by Athleta). I need short leggings since I'm only 5'2".
I believe there was some deal made with Lucy and the North Face if I'm remembering right. So, I think you can still get Lucy there.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 09:30 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Felina leggings from Costco are so soft and nice, and very cheap. You can also get them on Amazon.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 10:11 AM  
noodles

If you don't mind online fabletics are great and you don't have to purchase every month. They have regular sales too. The compression fabric is very functional for supporting circulation and joints during workouts I find and quality even better than lululemon in my opinion.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 10:21 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Old Navy compression leggings are very durable and constantly on sale. I've gotten nice leggings on sale at JCPenney as well.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 11:00 AM  
Taiga

Alo Yoga has substantial, well made leggings and you can often catch sales. I love the Idol leggings. The Goddess leggings are also fun. These have been my longest lasting/best fitting leggings and I have paid $25-$40 per pair on average. The website has good sales post holiday and Black Friday. They tend to run slightly large/roomy so I order down a size if I want a higher compression fit.

I've tried Teeki, Noli, Lucy, Onzie, Lululemon, Old Navy/Target etc and for my body, the Alo leggings stay in place best while exercising. I despise tugging at my leggings while I'm trying to concentrate on form. They feel great and keep my muscles warm, esp in winter or in cooler rooms. As they do tend to be made from thicker material, I go with mesh versions on really hot days or go with Teeki. The Teeki fit like a second skin but tend to shift until I build up enough sweat. I recently tried Manduka leggings (found this pair for $20). The fit is nice but haven't had them long enough to know if they last.

I found a great Noli legging sale thanks to a fellow Vfer. I paid less than $20 a pair with an online coupon/clearance sales. I loved the prints and am glad I purchased but these have had the most problems with weak stitching/fading even with the gentlest of care. I would have been irritated if I had paid their "regular" prices. I did read Amazon reviews for Alo Moto leggings and several reviewers mentioned poor fabric for that particular style---most of those folks paid >$100 but Amazon is great about returns. High end leggings are such a risk. I wore thrift store workout clothes for years and they were low stress purchases But it has been nice buying new because I have been able to find better sizing.

FYI, I am often shocked at the fluctuating prices for leggings. Most of the Alo stuff I have purchased was initially listed at ridiculous prices ($80-120 for single pair of leggings!!). I was still embarrassed to pay $40 for the Idol leggings at the post holiday sale but they have worn very well and feel great so turned out to be worth it.
Old 04-13-18, 11:20 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
Felina leggings from Costco are so soft and nice, and very cheap. You can also get them on Amazon.
Are the Costco ones very low-waisted? I hate leggings that are too low!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leggings