Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-26-15, 01:29 PM  
TinaT

21 Day Fix Questions..

For those of you who have done this program straight through, what have your results been? Have the containers really helped? Do the workouts offer enough variety to keep the boredom factor at bay?

I'm dealing with menopause in the worst way ever!! Let me just say, hot flashes are my constant companion. That being said, I can't keep a thought straight, let along weigh and measure food and constantly journal. I feel like the containers would eliminate all that. 30 minutes is about all I can do no matter what the routine looks like. Even CS! I am sleep deprived, and have been for weeks.

I don't want to give up on fighting this fitness battle, so I'm looking for options that will help the planning of each day.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 01:42 PM  
momofcha

You had me at "menopause"....

In all seriousness, I could have written your post. I have been struggling with just simply gaining weight - well because. I'm also dealing with thyroid issues, but I think I have things under control.

I recently started 21DF - the containers - I am in week 2 and for the first time in MONTHS - I LOST WEIGHT! I am beside myself with ecstasy I'm loosely following the 21DF/21DFX workouts - but combining them with Body Beast for upper body lifting. I am really loving it. I won't go into much detail with food - but I am diligently planning my meals out the night before so I know exactly what and how much I can eat. Can I keep this up long term? We'll see, but it is eye opening on while I eat well, I eat too much of a good thing.

So far so good....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 02:05 PM  
TinaT

Sue ~ I was able to weigh/measure for years, along with keep it all logged down. It's just not in me at this point to consume so much time each day doing this. Did I loose weight with this method? YES! 50 lbs worth. But my energy is crazy low and I need it for other things.

I can muster up a 30 minute workout, but my intake is another matter. I know we need to be careful about that topic here, but it is a part of the 21 Day Fix program.

What could you compare her style of exercise to?
Old 08-26-15, 02:13 PM  
cmarsh4

I did the 21 Fix Extreme in March and still follow it loosely. I did not click with the exercise DVD's but I know some that love them. I think the containers taught me a lot about portion control. I also thought I was eating very clean but realized that I was eating too much even if it was a vegetable, fruit ect. I have lost 46 pounds but noticed I have quit loosing so I am thinking I am going to go back to the plan as written(with Jillian's Bodyshred) and see if that jump starts my weight loss again.

Good luck

Chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 02:27 PM  
TinaT

Thanks Chris for your input. It's encouraging to read about your results.
Old 08-26-15, 02:31 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Tina, 21 Day Fix is my go-to program for getting stronger and losing weight. I'm doing it now. If you decide to try it, there's a check-in going now, 21 Day Fix (I'm not clever with titles, but it's easy to find).
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 02:45 PM  
TinaT

The price is actually quite reasonable compared to other BB programs. The investment is doable and seems to be tradeable if someone doesn't click with it.
Old 08-26-15, 02:52 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
[B]
What could you compare her style of exercise to?
Hmm, these kind of remind me of Firm style workouts. I despise cardio, but I can manage these. They're more of a circuit style cardio. The weight work is great and the tempo is good that you can lift as heavy as you can. I'm really enjoying them a lot more than I originally thought.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 03:13 PM  
TinaT

FIRM! I've been a FIRM girl since the beginning. I just might have to check this out.
Old 08-26-15, 03:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Tina, you might want to look at Pam61's breakdowns of the 21DF workouts.
http://www.forum.videofitness.com/sh...d.php?t=200893
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, 21df