Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-15, 02:53 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I see you live in my area. It is hard to walk outdoors right now! I went out at 6:00 a.m. for my dogs, and it was already 90 degrees.
Yes, it sure is HOT but with AC inside refreshing! We live in Scottsdale!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 07:13 PM  
Donna D

It's hot here also in Western New York! Didn't feel that great today so I viewed some more of the workouts. There is 1 mile on each DVD that I will use, so I will keep the set.

Some of the music is OK, some of it is hard to describe. I can put up with it for a mile I guess.

You've got to see the sneakers in all of these DVDS! Everyone has matching sneakers. Leslie mentions how bright they are in the 4 mile DVD. The one walk has orange sneakers, another walk has lime green. Even the 2 guys have on the same colored sneakers.

All of the background people are very fit and they don't miss a beat.

Not sure what I think of the band yet.

Still don't think it is worth the price thought. I wonder if it will end up on QVC at some point- probably $20 cheaper.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 08:58 PM  
lrb04

Donna it seems HOT everywhere! I am glad you found some on each disc & look forward to trying these out but I agree they are over priced but I wanted them so I paid knowing they be cheaper later! Sometimes you just have to give in to your urges & I sure did!
Old 08-16-15, 11:14 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
Yes, it sure is HOT but with AC inside refreshing! We live in Scottsdale!
I'm in Tempe! It's the second half of August, it should be cooling off, lol.
Old 08-16-15, 12:29 PM  
lrb04

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I'm in Tempe! It's the second half of August, it should be cooling off, lol.
Sounds good to me!
Old 08-17-15, 12:31 PM  
TinierTina

Cool It's probably only 83° back down in Miami

Palm Springs people gettin' cool with Leslie ...
Expected to reach 96° (a record-setter) in New York City today.

I am a bit off that literally red-hot-center they take that reading from (in Manhattan). Well, it's going to be 94° (with similar bad air quality, though ... which = bad on my physical condition these days) out my way here.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 01:31 PM  
Diana2468

I got this set in the mail on Friday and I just tried the 2 mile walk. I am pleased to report that I really enjoyed it.

The set definitely has the look of an infomercial set.. the walls are white and the floor is grey and blue. I always prefer something that looks more like the outdoors, but it's brighter than the bat cave for sure. Overall I found it to be cheerful and easy to look at.

The music is typical Leslie... similar to her other recent releases except the Walk to the HIITS series (which actually has recognizable songs). I found the music to be upbeat and motivating, but I generally like any workout music as long as it's not too slow. Or that Everybody song from Leslie's old DVDs... shudder.

She sticks pretty closely to the 4 signature moves in this one. The only newer moves I remember are mini squats and walk up and tap. There are a few boosts which are jogging only, no other boosted moves.

Overall the pace of this was surprisingly fast, even when she wasn't boosting. I found it to be a little faster/harder than her usual workouts, but I'd still consider it an intermediate workout. She says at one point that this is an advanced system.

In terms of cast, I recognized all of them from other recent releases, except one blonde woman named Maxine.

I am looking forward to trying the other workouts in this set. I think I'll get a lot of use out of the 2 miler, and I'm hoping the 3, 4, and 5 milers will be equally enjoyable.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 03:58 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2468 View Post

Overall the pace of this was surprisingly fast, even when she wasn't boosting. I found it to be a little faster/harder than her usual workouts, but I'd still consider it an intermediate workout. She says at one point that this is an advanced system.
I did the one mile yesterday from disc 1 - you confirmed what I felt - it was a little bit faster.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 04:44 PM  
donnamp

Ooh - I like the idea of a faster pace, I'm a naturally fast walker (when I use the treadmill I walk between 4.5 and 4.7 mph)

I hope I can hold out until a retail release.....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 05:04 PM  
lrb04

Smile

Tina- that is reallyHOT in NYC!! Stay cool!

Thanks Diana!! I received mine & will try tomorrow & all week!

Tags
bat cave, leslie sansone, miracle miles, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, the big burn