Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-15, 06:51 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
Sorry Donna! When I try these out I will post my thoughts.
Yes, please do Fran. I'm not going to rush out to the post office quite yet. I'll try a couple of the workouts to be sure I don't feel differently.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-15, 07:09 PM  
lrb04

Smile

Donna My package will probably come Monday - so Tuesday I will give it a go. I completely understand if not liking it to return it & get a refund. I walk almost everyday so even if these a quirky I will keep unless something is horrendous! Walking is my only cardio I care to do & with no TM now & not walking for exercise outside Leslie is my go to girl. I am hoping they are enjoyable. I love her All Time Favorites one & it is my favorite Leslie so far. What ever it is I will give everyone my honest opinion but everyone keep in mind my of walking with Leslie!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-15, 07:16 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Donna - I'm sorry it was a disappointment - hate when that happens. I don't like that they won't play in a computer - I do most of my workouts w/ my laptop - it just works better in my space. Plus it is nice for travel or if you have guests or something and need to workout in a different location of the house.

Fran - eager to hear your thoughts when you get your kit!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 05:58 AM  
Donna D

Disc 1 - Miracle Mile 1

I watched the walk segment in its entirety. The music wasn't bad on this walk. It ran for approximately 15 1/2 minutes. There was not an actual cool down and no actual stretch. There is a timer after the warm-up is completed. With approximately 5 minutes to go Leslie does her "HIIT" training or boosted walking (jogging) for about 25 second intervals. After the intervals she walks over to what I call a clothing tree stand and grabs the band. This would be the point to start walking slower and cool down. She does a few exercises with the band while walking.
Old 08-15-15, 06:04 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Donna My package will probably come Monday - so Tuesday I will give it a go. I completely understand if not liking it to return it & get a refund. I walk almost everyday so even if these a quirky I will keep unless something is horrendous! Walking is my only cardio I care to do & with no TM now & not walking for exercise outside Leslie is my go to girl. I am hoping they are enjoyable. I love her All Time Favorites one & it is my favorite Leslie so far. What ever it is I will give everyone my honest opinion but everyone keep in mind my of walking with Leslie!
Like you I use Leslie almost exclusively for cardio and I do purchase everything she releases. If I can get a decent mile from each disc I may keep the kit. I really wanted the gloves. If I were to return the kit they don't have a way to break down the cost of the gloves. By the time I pay the shipping cost to return, order the gloves with the shipping charge I won't gain much of a credit.

I watched part of disc 2 again. I was wrong, I do see some familiar faces from the newer sets. Camille looks very different. Very short hair and is quite slim.
Old 08-15-15, 06:05 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

Donna - I'm sorry it was a disappointment - hate when that happens. I don't like that they won't play in a computer - I do most of my workouts w/ my laptop - it just works better in my space. Plus it is nice for travel or if you have guests or something and need to workout in a different location of the house.

Fran - eager to hear your thoughts when you get your kit!

Donna
Donna - I had no idea that some DVDs won't play in a computer. I've had the opposite happen - when a disc won't play in the DVD player but will play on the computer.
Old 08-15-15, 06:07 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
Sorry you had to Joni-O it all, Donna, and I hope you'll get a full refund. Win some, lose some, I guess. But now you've roused my curiosity about Leslie's sneakers!
Her sneakers were "toned down" after disc 1!
Old 08-15-15, 12:12 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Walking is my only cardio I care to do & with no TM now & not walking for exercise outside Leslie is my go to girl.
I see you live in my area. It is hard to walk outdoors right now! I went out at 6:00 a.m. for my dogs, and it was already 90 degrees.
Old 08-15-15, 12:12 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
Donna, We all expect you to do every workout today, check out the equipment thoroughly, write up a review on each and every workout and have it posted by 5:00 p.m. CST. We will allow the whole food plan thing slide for now. Deal? LOL
Lol!
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 02:15 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Donna - I had no idea that some DVDs won't play in a computer. I've had the opposite happen - when a disc won't play in the DVD player but will play on the computer.
I have had that happen, too! I have some Kathy Smith workouts that will only play on my computer.

I hope you can find a way to keep the kit and the gloves. Maybe you could trade or sell some of the DVDs you don't like?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bat cave, leslie sansone, miracle miles, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, the big burn