Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-15, 07:52 PM  
isebelleg44

It Pays to Wait!

I noticed on Amazon today, that you can get RKS for $24.97 now. I bought it almost 4 years ago and paid over $100! Still haven't done Workout #16!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-15, 08:04 PM  
CharM

For sure! My last few sets were purchased at least two years after release, but I paid only $20something shipped as opposed to $80+.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-15, 10:25 PM  
TinierTina

Yeah, seeing stuff sold for less used to aggravate me no end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I noticed on Amazon today, that you can get RKS for $24.97 now. I bought it almost 4 years ago and paid over $100! Still haven't done Workout #16!
So, calendar it in for very soon.
And even if you can only do half of it. Ever.

I live by the rule that says: make do with what you already have ...

And you do know, deep down. You have had potential use of that product earlier than most.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-15, 10:36 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
JM's Body Revolution is now $58 on Amazon. I remember people paying in the $130s on her website when it first came out.

I waited a few years for Rushfit to finally come into the $50s. That was a tough wait!!! I loved that rotation so worth the wait. I'm stalking UFC Fit now, which has dropped considerably in the past several months but still needs to fall some more to tempt me
Old 05-23-15, 06:36 AM  
weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
JM's Body Revolution is now $58 on Amazon. I remember people paying in the $130s on her website when it first came out.

I waited a few years for Rushfit to finally come into the $50s. That was a tough wait!!! I loved that rotation so worth the wait. I'm stalking UFC Fit now, which has dropped considerably in the past several months but still needs to fall some more to tempt me
I got Rushfit off Ebay for $10 used. I got UFC Fit for $65 new. The same with my other Ebay purchases. Most have been new. I won't bid over a certain price.

I haven't done Rushfit yet but I like UFC Fit.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 06:56 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Yea, but who wants to wait 4 years to purchase a new set or system? Not a true vidiot!
Old 05-23-15, 07:39 AM  
TinierTina

Vidiot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Yea, but who wants to wait 4 years to purchase a new set or system? Not a true vidiot!
I'd gotten an OLD dvd that had been priced at top dollar (dynamic pricing being the b*tch that it is) on Amazon.

There is no way I would have waited until it went down to the $8.97 special.
I am not strong enough to really do it now. And I did the video as benchmark, object lesson and studio class substitute. I was weaning myself off fitness studio classes. If it had to be forever, I was going to substitute in style.

I am by definition, not acquisitive enough for media, to be a vidiot.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 07:55 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Agreed. Part of what I love the most about a new system is getting in a check-in and sharing all the excitement/ discussions/ comparisons here at vf. That just doesn't happen if I wait too long. Now, if it's a system that I'm on the fence about, I have waited and gotten fantastic deals. However, a lot of those are still sitting unopened in the box.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 08:09 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Waiting is my new mantra. If there's something I want, I almost always wait it out, to see if I can get it for a better price. And I almost always can. Heaven knows I have plenty to keep me busy while I wait for a sale or coupon code!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 08:23 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I try to wait but I'm a vidiot: I buy early because I like being part of the excitement/hype but then don't do the workout(s) until months [years] later. For example, I love Cathe but still have virgin workouts from both the XTrain (release date 2012) and Low Impact (2011) series....and let's not even discuss STS.

Tags
rks