Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-13, 02:25 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Lulu's Wonder Unders

Where do you buy yours and do they ever go on sale? I received a pair for Christmas and fell in Love and want more. Continually look at ebay but $78 for a used pair? Really? Any help is appreciated.

TIA,

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 03:11 PM  
Yelly

I hope these aren't underware??

Sorry, couldn't resist - Rendas thread is stuck in my head - lol!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 03:14 PM  
marissajd

I buy mine directly from the Lululemon website or store. They will occasionally go on sale (check the "We Made Too Much" section of the website) at a -very- slight discount (usually no more than 20%) and you have to be sure of your size b/c it's final sale only.
Old 01-15-13, 03:14 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
I hope these aren't underware??

Sorry, couldn't resist - Rendas thread is stuck in my head - lol!
I thought the same thing so I looked them up. They're leggings.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 03:16 PM  
ellaenchanted

Lululemon does have sales racks in-stores, which is your best bet. They also have a section on their website called "we made too much" with discounted stock.

I have found some good deals in store that were not discounted online.

Athleta has nice run/workout leggings/tights. And, I love Lucy's Perfect Core leggings as well.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 04:25 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

I have a pair I bought on ebay about a year ago -- barely used. Probably paid around $60 including shipping. I bought 3 pairs of Lulu Reverse Groove pants from ebay several years ago and they hold up so well. They still look good and feel great to work out in. I have bought a few jackets from their website since (and discovered a Lululemon store about 1/2 hour from me -- I've only bought there once, but it's fun to go in).

I've recently found that GAP's GapFit line is pretty good, too. Their gDance pants are really great -- comparable to the Luon in Lulu pants (or Supplex in others like FitCouture). And you can get 30% off coupons quite often. I haven't tried their gFast leggings, but they may be comparable to the Wonder Unders.

I did buy a pair of (I know, you're going to think I'm a little obsessed with fitness wear here!) of Champion Shape capris and they are REALLY great. The cut is really cute like Wonder Unders and they really hold in at the stomach. The waist is a little higher than most fitness pants, but not much. I found mine on Amazon.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 04:58 PM  
marissajd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
I've recently found that GAP's GapFit line is pretty good, too. Their gDance pants are really great -- comparable to the Luon in Lulu pants (or Supplex in others like FitCouture). And you can get 30% off coupons quite often. I haven't tried their gFast leggings, but they may be comparable to the Wonder Unders.
Thanks for the tip! I practically live in workout gear and it's always good to have an alternative to $$$ Lululemon.
Old 01-15-13, 09:56 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Where do you buy yours and do they ever go on sale? I received a pair for Christmas and fell in Love and want more. Continually look at ebay but $78 for a used pair? Really? Any help is appreciated.

TIA,

MariaW
I would check out the Zella live in legging its supposed to be exactly the same but only $55. I guess an ex lulu went to Nordstrom and helped create the line so it's very similar but more affordable and you can't beat nordys customer service. I have two pair and I love them they're very thick. I got them for $31 during the half yearly sale so that's always good too.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 10:42 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Thank you all for the suggestions to what could have become a costly obsession. I have so much more fun hunting down workout clothes than work attire.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 10:46 PM  
Sissy B

Apparently Costco carries a line that is very similar to Lululemon as well:

luluaddict.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-is-relationship-between-tuff.html

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leggings, tights