Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-10-12, 06:55 AM  
cherimac

I do have Look Better Naked by Jessica Smith and really love it. I HATE that title too. Somehow "look better" still conveys an idea of improving myself whereas "look hot" seems self preoccupied and more shallow. But that's just me picking it apart, lol. I really wish people would move away from hot, naked, and bikini in workouts. At 47 those don't inspire me at all.
Old 10-10-12, 07:36 AM  
laurajhawk

That title would bias me against a workout, though it might not stop me from buying if the stars were aligned otherwise. It's just a little crude and also obviously appearance-focused, which are two things I don't care for in a workout. We VFers skew toward middle age, and I wonder if she's targeting a younger crowd with that title.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 08:00 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
We VFers skew toward middle age, and I wonder if she's targeting a younger crowd with that title.
I'm 34... am I in my middle age already? Should I have a crisis?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Really horrible title, I agree. I don't think it would stop me from buying it though if I really thought I would like it and use it. I thought I really liked Tracey's workouts, but I disliked her Cardio Melt and I'm so so on the Booty Barres. The only one of hers I absolutely love is Pilates Super Sculpt. So she'd really have to wow me with this one to get me to buy it. So far, the title's not helping her cause .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 10:20 AM  
SpiritSong

I vote "no." I would be afraid there would be too many references to looking hot naked during the workout, and like others have mentioned, I would rather be motivated with messages about health, not appearance.

I wouldn't think any less of anyone who did buy the workout based on the title though. If that is what motivates them to exercise, more power to them.
Old 10-10-12, 10:27 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Besides, "Look...Naked" is kind of 2 or 3 years ago.

Doesn't she know that "metabolic" is this year's key word? "Look Xtremely Metabolic Naked" might work.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 10:37 AM  
antbuko

I wouldn't let the title sway me one way or another, if I absolutely had to have every workout Tracey made. However, like someone upthread said, it sounds desperate. What? The workout won't stand on it's own merits? It has to have a provocative title?

I really do appreciate such classic titles as "Pure Strength" and "Getting Stronger". It's a better advertisement for what is contained in the work out. I really don't know what kind of workout "Look HOT Naked" is intended to be, based on the title. Is it strength, cardio, barre work?
Old 10-10-12, 10:43 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Are people saying no more because it's Tracy or because HOT is so repelling? I don't think she would get any *likes* if it were Look Cold Naked*.

It is probably so hard to come up with unique names so that when your name is searched for you don't get 20 other hits.

sort of like, how many AM/PM yogas do you need...

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 11:13 AM  
Honeydew

she has suggested F.I.T. for a title...Functional Intensity Training..I like it!

Looks like it is supposed to be high intensity cardio toning.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 12:10 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Tracey Mallett posted on her FB page that she is choreographing a new workout. She is asking "How about the title being Look HOT Naked" and elicting reaction ... What about you, would that title keep you away from a purchase?
To answer the original question: NO, the title wouldn't prevent me from buying the DVD.

On the other hand, I think it's a silly title and not at all in keeping with "healthy" workout goals.

Unless HOT was an acronym for something like High Octane Training

Hey!! I should patent that!! HOT Fitness!!!!

Tags
embarrassing workouts, hot, naked, self-conscious, tracey mallett, workout titles