Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-12, 01:39 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I love that dirty water...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
Yeah, there is too much commercialization but they can cut back on something else as far as I'm concerned I love Christmas and I love workouts so having them together would be a special form of bliss Presents, cookies, pretty lights, happy songs and jingling bells (did I mention cookies LOL). Bring it on. Peace on earth and goodwill
Hey, I can dig that! I think my mother owns every Christmas sock, sweater and liquid soap dispenser imaginable. A workout would be a nice addition to her collection.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 02:01 PM  
EnglishIvy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Hey, I can dig that! I think my mother owns every Christmas sock, sweater and liquid soap dispenser imaginable. A workout would be a nice addition to her collection.
I laughed fairly hard as I pictured the description of your mom. My mom used to keep a Christmas room in her basement after we had grown up and were out of the house. She was a regular thrift store shopper and would pick up every imaginable form of Christmas decoration. I don't think there was a square inch of wall that wasn't covered with garland, bells etc. She even found a fake fireplace with glowing logs that plugged in . She called it her "de-stress" room and would go down there to smoke a cigarette every morning. 'Cuz nothing says Christmas like a cigarette LOL But it really worked for her. She had a lot of hardship in her life and that room was her calm place. I loved her willingness to embrace celebration when times were tough. She was killed in a terrible car accident some years back and I had to clean out her house--- I think I cried a tear for every bell and every piece of garland I took down in that room. But I'm so thankful to her that she left me with a joy for the holidays.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 02:12 PM  
cherimac
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
The only "Christian" Christmas song in the Joanie Workout is "Joy to the World" and there are no words sung to that one. In fact, with the exception of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" I think they're all instrumental. Just in case anyone wondered.

And yes, the Christmas theme TOTALLY carries it for me. I sometimes add extra impact, use heavier weights, etc. to it too. I'm betting you could use a step for the 4 limb work as well.
__________________
Cheri
cherimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 02:16 PM  
lovely4deb
VF Supporter
 
lovely4deb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
People pay $12 to see Christmas and Halloween movies all the time. I own several copies of the Christmas Carol in various forms (including the Muppets)
I share (torture) my DH and DS with this one EVERY year

((hugs)) to you Ivy!

I love Turbofire (thanks again) I could see Chalene with some holiday rap
__________________
Life is what you make it..make it better
lovely4deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 02:25 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Maryland
I have that Joanie Holiday Workout on VHS, too! I think I've taken it to at least one VF gathering. Joanie is so goofy! I like Christmas cheese as much as anyone, but this tape is a cheese ball the size of Mars.

A few other goofy tapes I never got rid of...
Regis Philbin's workout (not too bad, if you can put up with Rege's constant yikyak)
Funky Bizness with Michelle Lemay (ridiculous intro where Michelle and her cohorts sneak into a junkyard in the middle of the night to work out)
Kathy Smith's Ultimate Video Workout (Kathy and pals get down in a parking lot)
__________________
Move your body often, sometimes hard. Every bit counts.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 02:34 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I love that dirty water...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
I laughed fairly hard as I pictured the description of your mom. My mom used to keep a Christmas room in her basement after we had grown up and were out of the house. She was a regular thrift store shopper and would pick up every imaginable form of Christmas decoration. I don't think there was a square inch of wall that wasn't covered with garland, bells etc. She even found a fake fireplace with glowing logs that plugged in . She called it her "de-stress" room and would go down there to smoke a cigarette every morning. 'Cuz nothing says Christmas like a cigarette LOL But it really worked for her. She had a lot of hardship in her life and that room was her calm place. I loved her willingness to embrace celebration when times were tough. She was killed in a terrible car accident some years back and I had to clean out her house--- I think I cried a tear for every bell and every piece of garland I took down in that room. But I'm so thankful to her that she left me with a joy for the holidays.
Oh my, I laughed so hard I cried at the cigarette bit! Bless your sweet mother. Mine is still with me, and I confess I get annoyed at all her decorations when I think that we're going to have to clean out her basement some day. Like yours, my mother's decorations bring her great joy. Thanks for reorienting my perspective and for a good laugh!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 02:58 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: southern U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I have that Joanie Holiday Workout on VHS, too! I think I've taken it to at least one VF gathering. Joanie is so goofy! I like Christmas cheese as much as anyone, but this tape is a cheese ball the size of Mars.

A few other goofy tapes I never got rid of...
Regis Philbin's workout (not too bad, if you can put up with Rege's constant yikyak)
Funky Bizness with Michelle Lemay (ridiculous intro where Michelle and her cohorts sneak into a junkyard in the middle of the night to work out)
Kathy Smith's Ultimate Video Workout (Kathy and pals get down in a parking lot)
Does this remind anyone else of the intro to Gin Miller's Step Reebok Circuit Challenge, where "the gang" is innocently hiking and stumbles across a cave where they decide to do some step? LOL! The look of wonder on Gin's face as she holds her arms out like, "What...is...THIS...?" as they walk in is absolutely priceless.

That workout isn't cheesy, but the intro sure is!
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 03:16 PM  
acey
 
acey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NYC
Isn't Michelle LeMay also the one who during one Corey Everson workout wanders around, lies down and takes a nap, and does other random stuff? Maybe it was the Kickboxing workout.
__________________
Red Bull addict and not ashamed--mystique has nothing to do with it!
acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 03:27 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter
 
Lucky Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: A helluva town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Funky Bizness with Michelle Lemay (ridiculous intro where Michelle and her cohorts sneak into a junkyard in the middle of the night to work out)
Haha, "funky bizness" indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
Does this remind anyone else of the intro to Gin Miller's Step Reebok Circuit Challenge, where "the gang" is innocently hiking and stumbles across a cave where they decide to do some step? LOL! The look of wonder on Gin's face as she holds her arms out like, "What...is...THIS...?" as they walk in is absolutely priceless.
Oh my, this might be worth owning for the pure cheese factor!
__________________
~ Gina ~
"Remain cheerful, for nothing destructive can pierce through the solid wall of cheerfulness." ~Sri Chinmoy
"We are so fortunate that we get to exercise!" ~Erin O'Brien
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 06:07 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
Does this remind anyone else of the intro to Gin Miller's Step Reebok Circuit Challenge, where "the gang" is innocently hiking and stumbles across a cave where they decide to do some step? LOL! The look of wonder on Gin's face as she holds her arms out like, "What...is...THIS...?" as they walk in is absolutely priceless.

That workout isn't cheesy, but the intro sure is!
I have that too! I'd forgotten all about that!

Another priceless intro is on the VHS of Firm Standing Legs, where the leggy hostess does a cartwheel into the room.
__________________
Move your body often, sometimes hard. Every bit counts.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
embarrassing workouts, fun workouts, holiday workouts, ridiculous workouts, workout titles

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness