Old 06-07-12, 10:49 AM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I mostly pay attention to the lead. Like tampon strings in another workout
What the heck does that mean?

Quote:
I'm thinking are you actually working out of just staring at the people on the screen?
And why is your post so harsh? It's perfectly normal to comment on background exercisers in dvds--we've had entire threads about them.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 10:57 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Probably and that's fine. I'm actually surprised at the things that people notice about background exercisers. I mostly pay attention to the lead. Like tampon strings in another workout...I'm thinking are you actually working out of just staring at the people on the screen?
What.. what.. whaaaaat??? What workout is that from? (shudder)
Old 06-07-12, 11:14 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
What.. what.. whaaaaat??? What workout is that from? (shudder)
I think it's a reference to one of the classic Firms.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 11:16 AM  
Lulu Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
LOL I don't pay attention to them but DH is always commenting on them. One of them is always adjusting her sports bra, another is just standing around, one is doing her nails (kidding on that one )
I have done this exercises oodles of times and I always notice the background ladies. They just don't seem to belong there other than giving the image of L.A. glam. They look lovely in an extremely polished sort of way, but have no knowledge how to do any of the exercises properly. I find the whole thing really entertaining.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 12:01 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Probably and that's fine. I'm actually surprised at the things that people notice about background exercisers. I mostly pay attention to the lead. Like tampon strings in another workout...I'm thinking are you actually working out of just staring at the people on the screen?
Many people notice background items and exercisers. So what? But you really don't need to be rude because someone noticed something you didn't. And to question how someone is spending their time is IMO, no one's business.

The OP asked a question. Some people don't notice music, backgrounds, props, clothing malfunctions, etc. Others do. Regardless of what camp you fall in, it's just a general question. No need to be rude to someone else bc they pay attention to small details.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 12:36 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Like tampon strings in another workout...I'm thinking are you actually working out of just staring at the people on the screen?
LOL at your example. I don't preview the majority of the time, and I forget that others do, so I sometimes wonder, "How the heck did someone catch that?" Not the string, specifically, but other things. I once did a Tracey Staehle premix, noticed nothing, but when I looked at that section again, I saw someone walking by and putting his hands on the window so he can peek inside. So I guess you do notice things more when you preview.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 01:02 PM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist of eyes View Post
many people notice background items and exercisers. So what? But you really don't need to be rude because someone noticed something you didn't. And to question how someone is spending their time is imo, no one's business.

The op asked a question. Some people don't notice music, backgrounds, props, clothing malfunctions, etc. Others do. Regardless of what camp you fall in, it's just a general question. No need to be rude to someone else bc they pay attention to small details.
x2
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 01:26 PM  
Sissy B

I think the tampon string is in The FIRM Hare workout - one of the background exercisers. The FIRM claims her leotard had unraveled (but it's a white string and a blue leotard IIRC). I didn't notice it until I read about it either here or at the Ya Yas. After that, it stood out.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 01:45 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I think the tampon string is in The FIRM Hare workout - one of the background exercisers. The FIRM claims her leotard had unraveled (but it's a white string and a blue leotard IIRC). I didn't notice it until I read about it either here or at the Ya Yas. After that, it stood out.

~Sissy B
Oh now I am going to have to preview that workout, just to see the string, because it is my workout, and I am nosey like that
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 12:50 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I'm thinking I was... previewing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
LOL at your example. I don't preview the majority of the time, and I forget that others do, so I sometimes wonder, "How the heck did someone catch that?" Not the string, specifically, but other things. I once did a Tracey Staehle premix, noticed nothing, but when I looked at that section again, I saw someone walking by and putting his hands on the window so he can peek inside. So I guess you do notice things more when you preview.
Yeah, it is easy to notice things while previewing. But I still didn't see the tampon string. lol

Marmact, I'm sorry for coming across rude, I certainly didn't mean to be. I haven't been around as much so I just saw this thread and the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
Many people notice background items and exercisers. So what? But you really don't need to be rude because someone noticed something you didn't. And to question how someone is spending their time is IMO, no one's business.

The OP asked a question. Some people don't notice music, backgrounds, props, clothing malfunctions, etc. Others do. Regardless of what camp you fall in, it's just a general question. No need to be rude to someone else bc they pay attention to small details.
I think it's funny that you would talk about someone being rude when so many of your posts have been rude and aggressive. I remember that one of your posts was so rude and so many people had such a strong reaction to it and called you out on it that the thread had to be closed. And it's funny that you thought that your post was perfectly fine but you have no problem pointing out the mistakes of others.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers, reinhardt kb system, reinhardt kettlebell, rks, tampon string