Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-12, 05:08 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
I had so much fun reading the first video thread, I thought I would ask what your first gadget or piece of equipment was or you remember using? I had the Weider 5 Minute Body Shaper (70's) which hung over your door knob. It was a pulley system and really was not a bad little piece of equipment. I think I wore two of them out.
Here's a link to a picture. I just knew my body was going to be just like the model's, which if I'm not mistaken, was Joe Weider's wife. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

http://digitalangeldonnadj.com/blog/....141993518.jpg
I was gonna say dumbbells or my club step until I saw that picture! Yes, that was most probably my very first fitness gadget.
Old 02-21-12, 05:12 PM  
mandie123

Thigh master also
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 05:14 PM  
Kyra

Dumbbells. Two, 1.5K, sand-filled dumbbells, which I still have. I don't recall having any gadgets, proper... although I guess it depends on how you define a gadget!

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 05:17 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Mine was the Firm Fanny Lifter with the Sculpting Stick (BSS2). I fell in love with inhome step and The Firm!

Now I had some dumbbells before that, but BSS2 was my first introduction to the true term of fitness gadget.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 06:47 PM  
Browneyedgirll78

Mine was a pink and green step that I bought at Kmart...not sure what brand it was....ankle weights and 3 lb dumbells that I still have...in college my mom bought me a health rider from an infomercial and had it shipped to my dorm...my roommates were oh so excited to add that to our 200Ish square feet of living space, but my mom would not be deterred...I gained the freshman 15 by thanksgiving!
Browneyedgirll78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 06:55 PM  
RHend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
I had so much fun reading the first video thread, I thought I would ask what your first gadget or piece of equipment was or you remember using? I had the Weider 5 Minute Body Shaper (70's) which hung over your door knob. It was a pulley system and really was not a bad little piece of equipment. I think I wore two of them out.
Here's a link to a picture. I just knew my body was going to be just like the model's, which if I'm not mistaken, was Joe Weider's wife. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

http://digitalangeldonnadj.com/blog/....141993518.jpg
Wow! That was MY first gadget (or something very much like it)! It was 1976 and I was in very poor shape at the time (I had 2 children in 2 years and didn't exercise), but I faithfully used that gadget twice a day. Believe it or not, but I lost 4 inches off my hips and 3 inches off my waist in 2 weeks! Gee...I sure wish something would work that fast now! LOL
Old 02-21-12, 07:02 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

When I was a kid, my mom had a thing that was a square that you stood on and twisted to work your waist. She also had the door thingie that others have talked about.

I don't remember what my own personal gadget was. Probably some ad thing.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 08:04 PM  
PhyllisG

The Thighmaster but not Suzanne Somers. I bought mine in 1968! Same thing tho.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 08:22 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Funny thread. My first gadgets were 3 lb dumbbells and ankle weights. Sorry nothing fancy until later!
Oh wait! I was in ballet and we would wear plastic sweat pants...partly to keep joints warm and partly because we hope to sweat off fat.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 08:24 PM  
suegy3

The Reebok Step and I still have it.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, fitness gadgets, gadgets