Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-11, 10:22 PM  
Lulu Belle

I really enjoy Skogg and feel that I get a better workout from it then I do with RKS. I use a challenging bell for me and I go at level 4 and I am just dripping in sweat when I am done. I love that I feel really worked out when I'm finished.

I usually go about 5# heavier in a bell for RKS, but I don't get that great strength/cardio effect that I get with Skogg. Sure, the workouts are fine, and I usually tack one on after Skogg, but for some reason I feel the Skogg DVDs are sequenced better and are more effective for me.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 11:02 PM  
jerebo

I know you want to give her a DVD and you've had great suggestions. One thing I can recommend (but you can't wrap it up!) is to check out Livefit Revolution; it's free. There are tutorials for all of the exercises and a 18-week rotation (plus they keep posting workouts all year long). For each workout, there's a video posted which is the actual class Alysia is leading that morning. Everyone in the class works at his or her own pace, and Alysia doesn't actually do the workout. However, she demos many of the moves--especially the first time they appear in a workout. She also offers form tips to the other class participants. The breakdown of each workout is also posted, and I often work directly from those.

So it isn't much of a gift, as it's FREE, but it's a good resource.
Old 09-25-11, 10:55 AM  
ckfromca

I am thinking of buying Skogg system, but cannot really tell from their website what the DVDs are like. THey say the workouts are anywhere from 10 minutes to 35 minutes and are all levels. Can someone tell me if this is the case and if you feel they are worth the money. I'm concerned that some of the workouts are just beginner level, which would not suit me. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Cher
ckfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 11:04 AM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfromca View Post
I am thinking of buying Skogg system, but cannot really tell from their website what the DVDs are like. They say the workouts are anywhere from 10 minutes to 35 minutes and are all levels. Can someone tell me if this is the case and if you feel they are worth the money. I'm concerned that some of the workouts are just beginner level, which would not suit me. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Cher
The time of the workout varies depending upon your level. For instance, if you are a beginner, each exercise would be done for one minute. If you are Level 2, each exercise would be done for two minutes; for Level 3, three minutes and Level 4, four minutes. When the main menu of the workout is displayed, you pick your level. If you pick Level 1, each of the six moves would be done for a minute and there is a minute break in between each different move. As the levels increase, each of the movements is done for the number of minutes so the workout is longer. There are four different workouts using these six moves and each of these workouts is divided into these same levels.

I have been using kbells for a few years now and this set has really helped me to perfect my moves and also increase my endurance.....and to finally nail the snatch. I know it's expensive, but I have definitely gotten my money's worth. HTH

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 11:12 AM  
ckfromca

Thanks, Debbie. Your description help alot!
ckfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 11:58 AM  
afirmrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
I know you want to give her a DVD and you've had great suggestions. One thing I can recommend (but you can't wrap it up!) is to check out Livefit Revolution; it's free. There are tutorials for all of the exercises and a 18-week rotation (plus they keep posting workouts all year long). For each workout, there's a video posted which is the actual class Alysia is leading that morning. Everyone in the class works at his or her own pace, and Alysia doesn't actually do the workout. However, she demos many of the moves--especially the first time they appear in a workout. She also offers form tips to the other class participants. The breakdown of each workout is also posted, and I often work directly from those.

So it isn't much of a gift, as it's FREE, but it's a good resource.
Jerebo made a great suggestion. Another website I would recommend for free kettlebell workouts is www.myomytv.com.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell dvds, kettlebells, rks, skogg