Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-10, 07:25 PM  
keilan00

Here's a DIY slide board that rolls up. Cost will be about $30-40.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Slide-Board/

If you're not crafty, this one is adjustable, folds up, and comes with booties and a carrying case ($149):
http://www.hockeyshot.com/PowerSlide...-board-001.htm
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 07:39 PM  
Cerulea

Wow, the studio is actually near my neck of the woods -- I just may have to trek over and check it out in person!
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 10:26 AM  
Mugsy

Thumbs up Beyond Barre Rocks

I am always checking out this site and looking for new workout ideas. I rarely post but just saw the post about Beyond Barre and I have to comment. I took this class when visiting family in Orange County and it's awesome. It's a great cardio workout and the I LOVED the glideboard. I just bought a new bosu and am considering returning it for a glideboard. I searched for others online but the glideboards at Beyond Barre were good quality and I think they're reasonably priced compared to everything out there. I am very excited about the possibility of a Barre video! Please post if you hear anything!!
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 11:00 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Did I miss it? Is there any ETA for a dvd?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 02:29 PM  
TinaT

I would soooo be all over this dvd!! I haven't done gliding in years, and no.. I don't have my board anymore either. But I WILL find one.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 02:56 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Old 09-06-10, 04:08 PM  
psnave

Love the clip! I emailed them too, letting them know there is definitely a market for this type of dvd, especially if it has good music and camerawork (although the music probably can't be black eyed peas).

The slide board is cool. It looks like it would be something to make at home easily. Not sure about the DIY that require car wax to be applied 2-3x per week. I could see my kids playing on it and then tracking car wax residue on the carpet.

It will be great to have more barre workouts!
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 04:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I'm anxious to see what the dvd is really like. I have no intention of getting the slide board thing.... I feel like I have too much equipment already, but I was thinking I could swing a kettlebell during those times.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 06:19 PM  
jessicarobin

here is an email i got about this workout:

I am so glad you saw the Beyond Barre video! We are working on a DVD and are hoping to have it released within the next 4-6 months. I know that seems like a long time but I believe it will be worth the wait! The Beyond Barre Glide Boards are currently for sale through the studio. They are sturdy and very high quality made by hand by a local fine woodworker! The 4.5' board BBGB is $250.00 and the 5' board is $275.00.

If you know of anyone interested in opening a Beyond Barre studio we are now licensing BB! There is a a Level 1 Teacher Training session beginning September 18th.

You can follow us on Facebook - Beyond Barre and we are on youtube, as you know, listed as Beyond Barre - The True Cardio Ballet Workout
jessicarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 08:45 PM  
CarlaVeg

Oh Noooo, why did I open this thread???

I was just thinking yesterday that I used to love my reebok glider mat I had about 15-20 years ago????? remember those, with the slippery socks???? same idea???? I used it all the time..... and I was wishing someone used it again... and here today I read this thread wow.... the youtube video looks awesome!!!!! and if they film it with really upbeat music I am soooooo buying it!!!!!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, slide boards