Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-22, 04:57 AM  
Helen

Every Day in December (except those you just can't - it IS that kind of month)

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity
every day
whatever that means for
YOU

(but don't kid yourself about it either)

Last MONTHIVATION of the year!

NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:

EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 09:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Every Day in December

"Except those that you can't ..."

LOVE THAT!!!!! Just getting my arrow. Thanks for starting us off Helen.

Now, on to the first day of Dec.: (still can't believe it's December!)

12/1/2022: 15 mins. Fitness Builder (rowing) #8 of 9. Cool Down Row 5 mins, 5 mins. Warm up Leanne (Christmas ride), 30 mins. CDE Holiday Reflection ride, 5 mins. cool down ride (Grateful dead with Denis), 20 mins. mobility with Matty**, 20 mins. assorted bellicon workouts. Started with bellicon and it kept freezing, switched to Naomi Joy - I chose one that was too difficult, ended with a perfect one by San Fran Fitness (but cut it short as I was too tired !!!)

** This mobility workout (for me!) was TERRIBLE. I should know to just stick to Pete Donohoe on Hydrow, but I had high hopes for this. Nope. No. No. Just no how, no way ...... Uggggg. awful (for me!) .... Lesson learned.

I also had to giggle at Leanne's outfit for the 5 mins. warm up. She had to have known that the ornaments (2 of them) were placed on the front of the Christmas sweater in perfect position?!?!? . I kept looking and shaking my head ....

That's it. Onward to day #2 of December.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 10:37 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did an episode of Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr. Also did another load of laundry and cleaned bathrooms. I swear there was more housework but now I can't remember what!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 06:55 PM  
Helen

Thu 1st - declared a rest day & got 7:24 hrs sleep
Fri 2nd - took the day off work to be with Alice.
- she didn't jump down off the bed, but called out to me (upstairs, morning coffee), when lifted her down she cried out in pain. She was moving very slowly and felt around her body & she fliched & gasped at her ribs. Found a bit of swelling & a scabby small puncture wound. Called in sick (yes, we have paid sick days, and 'family' days, and get 'long service leave'). Vet gave antibiotics & pain killers. Spent evening VERY next to her. Didn't walk either.
So... not the best start. Put it under "days that you can't" though unrelated to yearly timing.

Saturday morning now - and Alice is (almost) back to her usual self.

CLEDA
Bummer you wasted time with a workout you hated, but Leanne's outfit giving you a giggle probably made up for the angst of Matty.

VANNIE
Great to see you keep coming back! You should know, there's ALWAYS more housework that you DID. Bigger jobs (bathrooms) get remembered, but little things like dust one bench, tidy a small area... get forgotten. And there's always more to DO.

LILI
Waiting for you to come..... but confident you'll be here soon.

ME
Speaking of housework - that'll need to be a priority for me this weekend (washing & floors mostly), and marking the LAST exam for the year. Also meeting with an old friend this afternoon.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-03-22, 08:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

checking in

So I don't get behind!!!

Helen: So glad that Alice is feeling better. I hope she heals quickly. Do you know what she got into? Enjoy meeting with your old friend. Friendships are a precious thing.

Vantreesta: If you're like most of us, just normal every day housework takes up part of the day (in my case: dishes, laundry, litterboxes, etc.) Just to keep on top of things. Easy to forget what was done.

Lili:
I know you'll check in soon .... WAVES!

On to me, me and all me:

12/2/2022: ROW 15 mins. Fitness Builder #9 of 9 (badge!) and then 20 minutes Castles & Fog Row with Dani (Sweat), 5 mins. cool down ride, 30 mins. Emma's Cold Play ride (peloton). I've done it 16x and it IS my favorite. 10 mins. Cool down ride with Ben.

I still can't believe how fast "time off" goes. I'm back to work on Monday. I have thoroughly enjoyed being home and it gives me a glimpse at what retirement could/will look like!!!! I am truly looking forward to it.

Have a great day.
Cleda
Old 12-03-22, 05:50 PM  
Helen

Saturday
Walk with the friend - she lives a block away from a walking path beside a river. Alice had a water-paddle chasing a stick, and is MUCH better. No idea what happend to cause that puncture.
Also, with Kathryn: 59min, Cathe - Intensity Series - BootCamp
which was VERY HARD.

The visit was with a friend I met and instantly 'clicked' with when I was just 21. She's now divorced and recently (finally) sold the house they owned together and has bought another one only 15min away from me. She's really enjoying her independence and tried dating a few times but content not to actively seek another partner - if it happens, it happens. Working too many hours, but SO much happier.

Sunday now - housework!!
ETA at 1am
Had a bit of a slump. Only did the kitchen and washing.
But by almost 9pm, managed to push through
64min Cathe - Intensity Series - Muscle Ensurance
But skipped the second half of abs as it was identical to yesterday’s BootCamp

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-05-22, 11:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Friday I did another episode of Happy Yoga and put up some lights outside. Saturday I got my trees up and decorated and yesterday I put up my village. Today I put out my mom's inflatable Olaf. Part of me wants to put up more and part of me says I'm done so I guess we'll see! I was so excited that I did yoga two days in a row and then Saturday I forgot to do it. I ran errands that day and when I was leaving the first store I fell in the parking lot and landed hard on my knee. It wasn't ice, just snow that had been driven on and had melted a little the day before, and I was wearing UGGs from my cousin instead of my actual snow boots. Anyway, I knew there was no damage but it was still really sore and by the time I sat down around 9:30 PM to watch a movie it was worse. Today it's almost back to normal, thank goodness!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-22, 12:29 AM  
Helen

VANNIE
Taking a day to ensure your knee could repair is sensible - glad it's better.

ME
Monday
45min dog walk for training & ball chasing (training reward rather than food - she responds much better for it too)
Meant to head up later on, but it had been such a warm day, felt the need to water the garden - did it thoroughly so took an hour of workou time. The bugger of that was that it rained overnight - but hadn't shown on the radar. Should've jumped!

CLEDA & LILI

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-06-22, 06:45 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Happened again

I swore I checked in. Looked and nope! Didn't. So here I am.

Helen: Hindsight is always 20/20. Guess the garden is well watered now, eh? Love your wavey guy.

Vantreesta: OUCH! Do take care of your knee. Hope it's all back to normal by now.

Waves to Lili!

On to me, me and all me: (So I can actually post and get caught up.)

12/3/2022: 20 mins. Holiday Mix (Lanebreak) on the bike, 20 mins. Harry's House (Lanebreak - music by Harry Stiles) 30 mins LOL Cody Holiday Edition, 5 mins. PRS, 15 mins. Essentials for the back (Mobility with Pete Donahoe on Hydrow)

12/4/2022: 10 mins. Warm Up Row (Hydrow), 45 mins. Allin One Row with Mike, 30 mins. Hamilton Ride w/Robin Arzon**, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

12/5/2022: 20 mins. Country Lanebreak

First off? I still love Lanebreak. I forgot about it till a couple of weeks ago and then of course, the badge came out. (Which I earned in the first couple of days!)

Second ?? I still do NOT like Cody. No matter how much I try. No matter how many classes I take of his? Just don't care for him. I should have known better. (But it was towards the Holiday badge AND they had a guest appearance by Mariah Carey - who I'm not even real fond of, but wanted to see what the hubbub was about.)

Third? ** The Hamilton Ride? I meant to take The Greatest Showman Ride. They are both done by Robin and about 1/2 way through I was thinking, "Hmmm. . . this doesn't feel like Hugh Jackman songs. . . " and then :: slaps forehead :: realizes --- I took the WRONG RIDE ... good grief .... Oh well, it was good nonetheless, just not what I wanted to do. Maybe today? Maybe not.

Fourth? The "all in one" rows on Hydrow are great as they have the warm ups, the workout and the cooldowns all in the time allotted. No reaching to do a cooldown after. the bad part? It lowers my split!

Side note: I was so saddened and shocked by Kirstie Ally's death. I remember her from the Mini Series "North and South" long before she was on Cheers. (Maybe not that LONG before ... but I digress) .... sad. . . sad. . . sad .... Just proves my point: Tomorrow is never promised.

Have a great day!
Cleda
Old 12-06-22, 03:34 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Just dropping in to wave to all! I can't believe I haven't checked in yet.

Not a whole lot to report, but my log is downstairs, so I'll check back later after my workout.
Glad to see everyone is staying active, despite dog problems and falls on packed snow!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote