Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-03-22, 12:59 AM  
fanofladyvols

Today I delivered a shopping bag filled with clothing items from me and my husband .

Currently, going through a bookcase and setting a bag aside. Only 5 books so far I but plan to continue until the bag is full.

I will have more DVDs listed soon on STW, too. I try to purge the same number of DVDs as I purchase to keep the overall inventory at the same level. I actually do that with clothing too. It serves to keep me from purchasing most times. The level I own is what fits comfortably in my closet and dresser and I'm not interested in losing that.

And yes, the process of decluttering comes in spurts and stutters but that's ok. I plod along.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 01:32 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I haven't done much lately. I enjoy reading about everyone's progress though!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 03:09 PM  
BunnyHop

I haven't posted in a while, but I've had some good successes.

I have found some socks, bras and underwear that I really like, so I have managed to replace my whole supply. No more scratchy faded undies for this girl, LOL!!

A major plus is that laundry day is much less complicated now, since I have a more limited range of socks to fold, and all my undies get stashed in a wash bag, then hung to dry. Somehow the work gets spread out through time in a way that seems more manageable.

Another positive thing is that I've recently decluttered and reorganized my main kitchen tools drawer, entirely. Found some slotted trays I like with a bit of color, and figured out that the Rubbermaid Brilliance boxes I'm finding hard to use make great divider/containers for stuff outside the trays.

I've made a number of similar modifications lately, and it's such a relief to have parts of the chaos so well managed. Baby steps keep getting me where I've been wanting to go, without too much drama.
Old 12-05-22, 03:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Nice job, Anna! I keep finding that too, that small tweaks to where things are in the kitchen just feels much more natural!

I bought a glass food storage set on Black Friday and am moving out the very old plastic we've been using for leftovers. Hubby said don't get rid of it in case we find some use for it, as long as it is out of the way of things we will be using. I also decided to finally part with the four small coffee mugs that came with our dishes set. I can't remember if I mentioned it before or not but I did finally pull them out of the cupboard. They are only like 6 oz and we have many other mugs that we actually use.

I'm almost finished with decorating for Christmas and then I plan to take some time each day pulling everything else out of the tubs and evaluating whether it stays or goes to donation. I had forgotten that I did get rid of some ornaments last year so there goes the easy things I thought I could tackle first.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-22, 02:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Working on Christmas stuff and have found for sure 4 towels I can let go of and some stuffed things I'm debating.

Yesterday I finally found the four Mary's Moo Moos collectibles I've been wanting to let go. I had the boxes but couldn't find the figures. Never guessed to look where I actually found them! So they're in the pile too.

I also added a lighter weight coat that I like but haven't worn in a few years. I have many other coats so I'll pass this on to someone who needs it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-22, 07:40 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Anna, I love it when things become less complicated/chaotic. Good job!

Vannie, great job in adding more to the pile!

I was able to rehome some socks and an older pair of winter boots to a young lady who helps us sometimes and works outside and really needed a warmer pair. I knew I was hanging on to the boots for some reason. I hadn't worn them in a long time and they were in really good condition as the socks were too. I'm slowly filling up the Thrift Shop box, emphasis on slow.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 09:23 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

dropped off a bag at the thrift store - have a couple of dvds going via share the wealth - sold 3 items at a used tack sale - will see around $20 for that. Nothing major but still nice progress for a busy time of year.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, organizing, organizing the home, relocating