Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-03-22, 01:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, so glad you're feeling better! It feels so good to be healthy.

Cheryl, I am amazed that houses in Portugal don't have heat. How do people not suffer? Is there even a fireplace? Does using the oven warm the place up at all? I hope you have layers of warm clothes.

Back later.

Later -- check-in: barre3 Burner.

I'm so happy to exercise at home. Don't have to put on leggings etc. and drive to a place where I have to pay. Also, it's raining today and it's nice and cozy at home.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 07:09 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I didn't post last night.

Cynthia Good health and even feeling good is a blessing.

Yesterday's workout: Decorating the church for Christmas and 45 minute outdoor walk

Steps from yesterday: 20,424

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 01:16 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45. yin yoga class later

Diana, glad to hear you are feeling better. Getting home repair even under the house is good too.

Cynthia, I was just thinking that exercising at home is so good -- you can look however you like and not waste time getting anywhere or worry about anyone judging you. I also like doing my previous in-class yoga at home. I only go out for my yin class and I do like that. Congrats on getting close to new weight goal. I am slowly getting a better grip on my weight, but still not there.

Cheryl, hope you are feeling better and getting warmer! I grew up in a very cold room due to my room being over an unheated garage and not having good radiators and I hate being in a cold house ever since.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 08:26 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-05-22, 08:53 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 9,494

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-05-22, 11:40 AM  
seabliss

Checking in with Heather's Knee-Friendly Low Impact HIIT, aka the favorite cardio. Mondays are an upper body strength day for me, but with being sick for so long, I just wanted to move my body more. So switching things around this week.

Cynthia, some homes have heating here, with many of the newer or renovated homes and apartments using minisplits (heat and a/c, controllable in each room). A lot of places are more snug than ours, which is large and drafty, with stone structure, like a castle. Some older homes have fireplaces. Not a lot have central heating, unless they've been renovated. It's really strange. Many older people live out in the country, where it gets really cold, and they just wear coats indoors and are used to it. Maybe because it's warm for the larger part of the year. Lots of people use space heaters. That's what we have. But they are not that great, and when you leave the heated room it's absolutely freezing. I do wear layers too. To me, this is the worst thing about living here. Hopefully they can get the heating installed soon and this won't be a problem anymore. If the sun is shining, that helps a lot in the rooms on the south side.

Diana, great job with all of those steps!

Lynn, my father made my sister and I sleep on a three-season porch in upstate NY. He put plastic on the windows in the wintertime to make it a little warmer. But he closed the door between the house and our room in the winter to save on heating bills, so we had zero heat in our room in that climate. It was awful. Awesome parenting. I am cold-blooded anyway, so I suffer. So I'm with you on this!
Old 12-05-22, 07:35 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, my family home in NJ had central heating and I slept in my bedroom -- but: with the windows wide open at my parents' insistence. I remember telling a friend that it got so cold I thought my hair would freeze on the rollers (a generational thing of the past, rolling wet hair on rollers and sleeping on them); she asked reasonably, why didn't you just close the windows? That wasn't an option.

I wonder if DD will have incredible stories to tell of things I think are perfectly normal.

Check-in: outdoor walk and a 10MS Pilates chapter.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-22, 07:26 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Too tired to post last night.

No workout for yesterday.

Steps from yesterday: 5,937

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-06-22, 09:43 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. Yesterday didn't workout as I tried to have my root canal, but it failed in the middle since the tooth crack made it impossible to save the tooth. The bad part was that the dentist had seen the crack and said this was a possibility, but he thought the crack wasn't so bad and he would be able to do the root canal anyway. But when it turned out that the crack was bad, he didn't admit he was wrong, but tried to cover up and offer me the possibility of doing the root canal anyway and maybe the tooth could last 5 years. I thought that was very dishonest. Anyway now I have to have the extraction and implant, plus having to pay for the 1/2 root canal. And they slightly burned my throat when the liquids from the laser when through the torn mouth shield. I was very annoyed yesterday.

Cheryl and Cynthia, looks like we had very cold childhoods. I hope you get your heating soon, Cheryl. We are replacing the blower on our heating here in a few days. Our heating is working ok, but the blower is cracked and while we can keep the house warm, the blower isn't putting out as much power, so I don't want to wait until it gets worse and can't keep the house warm.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-22, 10:46 AM  
seabliss

Today I did an upper body strength workout from Heather, and for the first time since sick, walked on a long errand. So I will finally start getting my steps again.

Amazing news just came - the owner of our home emailed me that because of the supply problems with the central heating parts, they are going to change plans and put several mini-split heat/air-conditioners throughout the house instead - seven internal units, in all major rooms. And they want to come in tomorrow to do the measuring. The internal units are already available, and the external should be by Christmas at the latest. So now, not only will we have heat, but we will have air conditioning in the summer, and we won't have to climatize every room in the house when we are not in it, so it will be more cost-effective. I think we are also getting new windows in a couple of rooms or at least new lining for existing to make them tighter. So happy about all of this!

Lynn, so sorry about the bad dental experience. I hate when dentists take advantage of you for money. They usually cause worse problems because of it, too.

Cynthia, crazy about your parents making you keep the windows open. Did they think you might get sick without fresh air?

Diana, hope you can get some rest!

Please keep my sister in your prayers. Her test results came in and it appears she has two calcified cysts, one in each ovary. Apparently that strongly indicates cancer. She hasn't heard from her doctor yet.