Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-21, 08:04 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit granny View Post
I was very fit and healthy and a life long exerciser (age 69), doing mostly Cathe and Les Mills in recent years. My husband and I got Covid in January, him mild, me severe and hospitalized.
I've recovered from the blood clots in my lungs and the Covid pneumonia but still have hypoxia, scar tissue and fibroids. I'm on oxygen and finding it very difficult to exercise without my oxygen saturation dropping to below 90. I don't know why this happened to me or what to expect in the future.
I'm so sorry for all you have been through and are going through. Sending {{HUGS}} your way.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-21, 06:45 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Sad to say but Covid resembles the cancer disease.

It has no age limit
It has no status limit
It has no boundaries
It has no fitness limits

It will attach any one. It does not discriminate

Ilyana. Got breast cancer. Healthy fit woman.

Don’t matter what you drink eat or don’t eat

It’s just the nature of the beast. Believe it.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 03:49 PM  
ardnas

Sorry for all that have struggled.

My husband and I both had covid early on and he was at high risk due to some health issues. We followed protocols recommended by orthomolecular Drs - quercetin, high dose vit c, d3, zinc, k2, garlic pills, oregano oil, olive leaf. DH had it twice as long as I did, but he was able to work full 8 hour days at home and we both recovered with no lasting issues. We both were eating super clean - no processed foods, vegan, whole food plant based. Neither of us was exercising around this time.

I had relatives who were super fit and active, but ate meat & sugar heavy diets and had covid longer & had to go on steroids to clear up lungs & cough.

DH's aunt & cousin were meat eating smokers who both were hospitalized and his aunt put on ventilator. Over a year later both still have long covid.

My mom never had covid, got the vaccine and had an adverse reaction, which I posted about in other covid thread.
Old 08-26-21, 03:58 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post

My husband and I both had covid early on and he was at high risk due to some health issues. We followed protocols recommended by orthomolecular Drs - quercetin, high dose vit c, d3, zinc, k2, garlic pills, oregano oil, olive leaf. DH had it twice as long as I did, but he was able to work full 8 hour days at home and we both recovered with no lasting issues. We both were eating super clean - no processed foods, vegan, whole food plant based. Neither of us was exercising around this time.

I had relatives who were super fit and active, but ate meat & sugar heavy diets and had covid longer & had to go on steroids to clear up lungs & cough.

DH's aunt & cousin were meat eating smokers who both were hospitalized and his aunt put on ventilator. Over a year later both still have long covid.

My mom never had covid, got the vaccine and had an adverse reaction, which I posted about in other covid thread.
My husband and I also took most of the same supplements to strengthen our immune system. We were/are in the high risk group. I also am vegan, but exercise regularly. I had a very mild case. He had absolutely no symptoms.

What many people don't realize is that those same supplements can aid in their recovering from Covid. Quercetin is used by many to help respiratory function.
Old 08-26-21, 06:35 PM  
Leonana

Nm
Old 08-26-21, 07:26 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post

The other thread was closed before I had the chance to reply---prayers and well wishes to your family and I truly hope your mom can heal. And thanks to all those who had kind words. Times are tough and you never know when just a little compassion can bring a light into someone's darkness.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, exercising when sick