Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-21, 12:51 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Anyone have Denise's Shape, Strengthen & Sculpt Plan?

I'm on Denise's mailing list. This Shape, Strengthen & Sculpt Plan uses a stability ball and resistance bands. Each daily workout is 12 minutes.

It looks good, but I haven't bought it. I have, perhaps more than one, stability ball already, and several stretchie bands. It's not on DVD. The $$ price, which does keep going down. But mainly b/c it seems to be the same workout plan as her 2004 book, Sculpt Your Body with Balls and Bands, which has a plan for 12 minute daily workouts. I questioned this in an email to Denise's customer service; no reply as yet.

I have done the plan in that Denise book, within the last year IIRC, and it's very good. Unlike so many of her books, there was never a DVD of it.

Anyone have it?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 07:04 AM  
LAC

I have it. Other than that she took new pictures of herself doing the exercises, it is basically identical to her Sculpt Your Body with Balls & Bands book. I would have to look at it again, but if I recall correctly, the only difference is that she removes ball wall squats and adds in something else. The ebook also deletes the diet plan and the fan weight loss stories.

I felt cheated - especially since I sent an email to her site before I ordered the ebook saying I already had the ball & band book and asking if they are the same thing. One of her assistants assured me that while they were similar, they weren't the same and that I would also be getting access to new content. I guess since she replaces one exercise, that is "technically" true, but I sure felt lied to after I received it. As for the new content, I was given a link to see short clips (like one minute each) of Denise demonstrating two or maybe three of the exercises. If you do a youtube search, you can see the same clips for free. I will never ever buy another Denise product.

ETA: I just looked. For the 3-week plan, on day 11 the wall squat is replaced by a hamstring curl and on day 16 the wall squat is replaced by a deadlift.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 11:03 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

LAC, thanks for the reply. Sorry about your experience.
Old 02-07-21, 12:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

LAC or Cynthia how much does Denise charge?

i have the balls/bands book. i also have her lose the last 5 pounds.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 12:51 PM  
LAC

Thanks Cynthia.

Bzar, I don't know what the current price is, but when I bought it back in September, the total cost for the ebook, a ball and three bands, plus shipping & handling, was $59.50. The ebook was not sold individually, only as part of a package.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 01:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

$60 now.
https://shop.deniseaustin.com/balls-and-bands-kit/

ebay still has the book

Tags
denise austin